Extra fuel cell to nowhere?

CrazyCooter

So I ordered the "extra" 20 gal fuel cell for the increased fuel capacity, but it appears that it isn't plumbed anywhere but to the generator compartment of which there is no generator since I didn't order one. What good did that do me?

My wallet is lighter $600 lighter and I have a tank of fuel without a way to drain it......

The fuel gauges are backward too....

Beginning to make a list of what the manufacturer got right on this thing since that list is much shorter than the list of defects...:confused:

jpdoggett

I guess my question is why did you order the fuel tank and not the generator? What did you think the tank was for I don't understand

CrazyCooter

The option list offered "Aux fuel cell". Figured I may as well have the extra 20gal capacity. Didn't order the Generator as I don't have a use for it. The 300C is cramped for storage space and figured that compartment could be better used for such.

Wouldn't you think the generator option comes with the Aux fuel tank, and if not, the special ordered Aux fuel cell would be hooked to the 30gal fuel station?

trippingt

I have a 3950. I have the generator. But I notice I only have a 20 gal tank. I thought the 2011's should have a 30 gal tank when you order a generator. Anyone know the real scoop.

porthole

Retired
Mine is a 2010 and it has the 30 which is rated at 28 which has about 25 usable, if you can get it in due to the fill hose angle.