North Trail - Wish list

Garbo47

We just purchased a 2011 32BUDS. We have been on 2 trips so far.
I wish: 1. AC duct in the bathroom 2. Additiona AC duct in back room. 3. Lights on each side of front bedroom inside cabnits. 4. Outside kitchen was lower. 5. Swing out shelf in outside kitchen was on other side, this would make it easier to get to sink. 6. Trailer really shakes. This is my third trailer, this one has more movement that any other. Needs factory stabilizers installed. 7. AC seems to struggle to keep trailer cool I guess I was expecting it to bemore insulated. 8. Does not need big skylight in bathroom. Lets in too much heat. 9. Move TV in outside kitchen to the back bedroom.( I did this already). 10. It may sound like I don't like the trailer, I do...just wish it had the items that I just mentioned.

jimtoo

Re: ATF: North Trail - Wish list

Hi Garbo47,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Lets us know of any mods you make and any more suggestions you have. Hope you make lots of happy memories with your North Trail.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

M

Mcreech

Thanks for the feedback, we here at the factory really like when customers give us useful insight.... I hope you enjoy your North Trail....Thanks MikeC

Garbo47

Thanks Mike.....someday, I would love to sit down with a factory rep and design my very own RV. 32 BUDS is a good starting platform.

pegmikef

Some other things needed on the North Trail 26LRSS: I had to add 60 pound shock hinges to the under bed storage lid, a real fan in the bathroom, a twelve volt outlet to run things while boondocking, shelves in the kitchen cabinets, a heavy duty extension so I could have ac power by the table in the slider, drawers for the nightstands to name a few items. Most of these things are standard on other models so what happened to the North Trail?

Garbo47

60 # shock hinges under the bed are also on my list of add on's. Also I am going to add lights in the pantry, and on each side if the bed closet.
#1 priority is to do something about the movement of the trailer when set up. My dad has a welding shop, this weekend we are going to tackle this problem.
Your right about other models having the items we mentioned. My 2000 Coachman had many of the items standard that the North Trail does not. Oh well...

olyfire

Those wishes sound good. We did do a few modifications on our 32 BUDS.
Made drawers for the deep holes on each side of the bed, made three foot drawers under the dinette seating. Finding three foot glides were a bid expensive, $150.00 a set. The last thing was under the ladder for the top bunk, took out the back panel and opened up a dead space for a nice closet.
We do love our trailer. We have been out a good share of the summer, what fun.

Garbo47

What you have done is on my list to do also. My old Coachman I added drawers under the dinette also. I did not add the glides as you, I just let it slide on the wood/ Floor. I like the idea of removing the panel under the ladder. Never thought about adding drawers to each side of the bed....hmmm more projects !!
I will be adding lights to each side of the bed closet, not to hard to do. Just tie into the power source that feeds the light on the overhead of the bed. Thanks