San Antonio - Suggestions

Maverick

Not sure this is where I should post this. We just bought a 2012 San Antonio. Very pleased so far overall. A strong suggestion would be a better placement of light switches. A light comes on when you enter the front door but goes out very shortly. Then you are left in the dark unless you are fast and can open the door to the power center and access a switch for more lights. Should be a light switch just inside the door for easy access. This is a very irritating design flaw. Also need more switches and outlets in more accessible places. Small lights over the chairs and over the beds are difficult to turn on with the round knob on the top of the light. Should be a wall switch or a better switch on the light itself. Lots of lights but not easily accessed. Same with power outlets. Most of the main light switches are in the power center accessed by a door by the stairs.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Many good ideas and comments. I would suggest a low wattage night light to leave on when you know you'll be out after dark. We have an LED rope light above our cabinets that we leave on from dusk till bed time. Nice for ambiance and a return home light.
As for easier accessible switches, it would increase labor costs to route wiring and install the extra switches. I wouldn't think it would be that big of a deal considering the amount of money already being spent. I know some of the Landmarks used to have rope lighting under the islands but I don't know if it's still an option or not.