ATF: Edge - TV Antenna operation

Vern1

Please tell me how to operate the TV antenna. My 2010 M18 TV outlet has a cable connection and a 12 volt TV connection. I believe I need a switch to supply an electric connection to operate the TV Antenna but cannot find such a switch anywhere. The cable connection to the TV works fine.
Thanks
Vern1

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Please tell me how to operate the TV antenna. My 2010 M18 TV outlet has a cable connection and a 12 volt TV connection. I believe I need a switch to supply an electric connection to operate the TV Antenna but cannot find such a switch anywhere. The cable connection to the TV works fine.
Thanks
Vern1

There should be a small red button on the TV connection plate. Press that in and a red LED should indicate the amplifier has been turned on. This type of amplifier switch is pretty much standard in the industry. If the amplifier is not on, you will not get any over-the-air channel reception from the antenna (which you did manually raise, right?). The switch has to be OFF to receive cable channels.

Just in case you're not familiar with raising the antenna, look on the ceiling for a hand crank with a serrated wheel around it. The crank raises/lowers the antenna and the wheel turns it around to aim for the best signal. Don't forget to return the antenna to the store position (wheel) and lower it before traveling.

pegmikef

Hey JohnDar, if his Edge is like my M21 then it has a circular array loaded antenna and not the winegard crank up type, but the amplifier is the same. My Edge antenna worked a lot better than the crank up winegard on my North Trail. I base this on the number of stations I can pick up sitting in my driveway. Before someone told me about the red button, I could receive 1 channel, and after pushing the red button, I got 8 channels.

JohnDar

Hey JohnDar, if his Edge is like my M21 then it has a circular array loaded antenna and not the winegard crank up type, but the amplifier is the same. My Edge antenna worked a lot better than the crank up winegard on my North Trail. I base this on the number of stations I can pick up sitting in my driveway. Before someone told me about the red button, I could receive 1 channel, and after pushing the red button, I got 8 channels.

Cool! I didn't know they had a different antenna. The one on my BH is the same as what was on my TT. I wonder if that circular array can be retrofitted on mine.

deberney

Cool! I didn't know they had a different antenna. The one on my BH is the same as what was on my TT. I wonder if that circular array can be retrofitted on mine.

If you check the range for the circular/multi-directional antenna doesn't have as good a range as the bat wing antenna. I've had both
and had much better channel pickup with the bat wing antenna.

JohnDar

If you check the range for the circular/multi-directional antenna doesn't have as good a range as the bat wing antenna. I've had both
and had much better channel pickup with the bat wing antenna.

I'm beginning to think that improved reception of over-the-air is more dependent on location than antenna style. I changed the AntennaTec head to a Sensar IV with Wingman last year and can't really say there was noticeable improvement. The available local stations still pixilated enough to incite violence in a lesser man. But we finally broke down and went satelite, and (after some learning) have TV on demand and no pixilation (but no local stations). I've heard the Jack antenna is the next "big" thing, but it's not on the "roundtoit" list this year.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Checking the connectors and making sure each one is correctly installed goes a long ways towards improving the signal strength. Replacing connectors instead of replacing the antenna can make the difference in the number of stations received. It was one of the first things I did after noticing that in an area where I should have been able to receive a number of stations,I could only get one. After replacing the connectors I received stations that I did not expect to get many more miles farther that I had estimated.

evolvingpowercat

Thanks for the posters on this tread! I had given up on my TV reception quality then this thread gave me inspiration to try again to make it better. I took the plate off the wall and sure enough the antenna wire was not fastened tightly in the wall to the connector on the wall plate. Tightened it up and put everything back. Then got several more channels when I re-scanned and better signal on all the weak channels. Can even watch the Olympics on the RV TV which did not work before.