Broken Ladder End Caps

Gizzy

While having a few things checked by Heartland at the Goshen rally, I pointed out a couple of the plastic end caps on the end of the rear ladder steps were broken. They said they would take care of it when they finished adjusting the slide. Well apparently we all forgot about them while there.
I used the ladder a few days ago and was a bit concerned when I saw one of the caps broken enough to make me worry. I called Heartland Customer Service and they gave me the number for Atwood, the maker of the ladder. I called them & told them I had 2 broken caps and 3 cracked ones. They asked me if I knew how many steps the ladder had, I went out and counted them and they are sending us all new replacements. I was told the new ones are much stronger and should not break. It seems they have a problem with the original ones. Just thought I would pass this on for any folks that are still under warranty and might want to check theirs. I'm waiting for delivery now.

jpdoggett

I saw that ours has two steps that have the caps cracked on, we will call and see if we can get some new ones thanks alot

jpdoggett

While having a few things checked by Heartland at the Goshen rally, I pointed out a couple of the plastic end caps on the end of the rear ladder steps were broken. They said they would take care of it when they finished adjusting the slide. Well apparently we all forgot about them while there.
I used the ladder a few days ago and was a bit concerned when I saw one of the caps broken enough to make me worry. I called Heartland Customer Service and they gave me the number for Atwood, the maker of the ladder. I called them & told them I had 2 broken caps and 3 cracked ones. They asked me if I knew how many steps the ladder had, I went out and counted them and they are sending us all new replacements. I was told the new ones are much stronger and should not break. It seems they have a problem with the original ones. Just thought I would pass this on for any folks that are still under warranty and might want to check theirs. I'm waiting for delivery now.
Do you have that Number cause I can't see on Atwoods site anything about ladders

Jimmy

Attwood Phone # 574-266-4774, speak to Maria, Very helpful, also make sure you use the new screws they send, they are pan head, the originals were countersunk type which causes the plastic to split...

jpdoggett

Attwood Phone # 574-266-4774, speak to Maria, Very helpful, also make sure you use the new screws they send, they are pan head, the originals were countersunk type which causes the plastic to split...

Thanks Jimmy this is what I needed

hoefler

That is the main reason I removed my ladder, dealer told me I would have to buy a new ladder and the ends were not available. Go figure, my bet he never checked.