shoe rack?

twohappycampers

I'm interested in building a shoe rack for the shallow front closet in my Big Country. Has anyone done this (oh, I'm sure someone has!) and can you give me some tips. The closet is so shallow that the shoes will sit end to end. Thanks.

4hapymcds

we actually built a rack out of an old wire shelf for under the outside stairs, it sits underneath the trailer where the stairs fold into. It works great to keep them dry as they are sheltered and helps if anyone has mud on them from those rain days. dont know if you are interested in that one.

twohappycampers

That sounds pretty interesting. Do you have any further description or instructions or pictures?

I think for shoes inside, and I don't always want to have to look at the darned things or trip over them, something inside the very narrow hall closet would still be nice. Think I'll just have hubby build a very narrow shelving thing, where the shoes can sit toe-to-toe. I know I'll be the one always putting the shoes back on the shelves, not him, but that's okay - if he'll just build me one I won't gripe. And leave the door open at night to give the shoes a chance to air/dry out. Sound good?