Bighorn sighting - parked right next to me!

jbeletti

Nancy and I were walking the dogs at the Wisconsin Dells KOA and as we're coming near the entrance, I said we need to see a Heartland pull in.

Well, not 2 minutes later, in comes a Bighorn quad slide (3600 I think) pulled by a black Dodge RAM 3500 dually.

And, they ended up in the site next to us!

Had a nice chat and campfire with Tom and Jeri Weber from northern Wisconsin.

Tom's 7-wire plug pulled out of the bumper-mounted receptacle sometime during their trip here. It drug the ground and got wrecked. We're going to wire in a new one in the morning.

They can't make the rally as they already have other camping plans :eek:

Jim

JJAK17

Jim

You are about 4 or 5 days too early!! We will in the Dells this weekend. Not sure if we will be staying at the KOA or not. We might be staying near Mauston at Castle Rock Lake (county park). The Dells is our "ole stomping grounds" Any chance you will still be in the area?

Jason

jbeletti

Hey Jason,

We're heading home around noon tomorrow (Sunday). Had a nice time here helping with the spring cleanup. Really is a nice park. If you haven't stayed here in a few years, stay up top in site 86 or so. Nice long pull-throughs with a concrete patio, new fire-rings, grass, full hookups and free Wi-Fi.

We don't stay here for any of the typical KOA stuff (pools, arcade etc.). It's just a well run, well kept CG.

Drop me an email or PM to tell me where you guys live. Maybe we can hookup at some point between here and the Chicago area.

Jim

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Well we made it to Ok. Talked to Mark at the Flying J in Russelville Arkansas, he had just picked up a Bighorn on Friday, told him about the forum and he said he would join.
Also spotted a Landmark on I-40, exit 212, in Oklahoma heading east. We waved, hope it was a member so I can find out who it was. Will catch up later.

jbeletti

Big Blue Spotted in IL

Spotted Big Blue (and his Landmark Shenandoah) from this forum, parked at my home CG today.

Hey Jim, good to see you and Pat back in town. Stopped by while walking the girls but missed you.

Catch up with you soon.

Jim