Bubbles on the side of our rig !!!!!

ccupton

We have bubbles starting to appear on the side of our 2011 305rw. Has anyone had them ????

Attachments

• IMG_8299.JPG
    IMG_8299.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_8300.JPG
    IMG_8300.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_8301.JPG
    IMG_8301.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_8303.JPG
    IMG_8303.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_8304.JPG
    IMG_8304.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 231

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I think you need to call Heartland Customer Service and have your vin ready. That appears to be a delamination problem. Be prepared to send you photos to them. Do it now don't wait.

camr

There seems to be far more reports of this in the last few months. Either the factory has a problem, or more customers are reporting the problem. I would suspect the first one.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ours is under a window... just appeared. So it might be water damage... though I was careful to keep it caulked. See thread: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...denly-appeared?p=195735&highlight=#post195735

I will (pay to) have the window removed, to see if it is water damage. If not, then we may have a case... but I'm 6 mo out of the 1 year warranty.

E

D

dlpmx

I had the same problem with my 2010. 9 months and 1200 miles to get it fixed.The problem with mine was the factory didn't caulk under the trim strip. Now mine is doing it under the speakers and the front clearance light. I'll just fix it myself this time. I can make it look better and save myself a lot of money dragging the 5'er around.

Dale

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had ours repaired by an independent RV Repair facility, who used an RV only body shop (unknown name).

We sent pics, HL authorized the repair, and they helped compensate us for it. Did not get a direct answer on the cause of the delamination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnlord

We have bubbles starting to appear on the side of our 2011 305rw. Has anyone had them ????
Yes I have a 2011 north country and my bubbles started after the first year and I just called customer service and they put the blame on me saying I have to reseal my trailer every 3 months but the bubbles didn't start at an opening they really wasn't concern

jimtoo

Hi jeremyhart72,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I think we need a little more information about your bubbles. What model is your BigHorn and where are the bubbles and even some pictures would be a lot better.

Jim M

Thanks for the welcome. I am going to be taking my 37QB silverado back in. It is only 7 months old and I have 3 different areas of bubbling/delamination. I am working out of town for a couple weeks, so its gonna be a while before I can pursue it. Is Heartland warranty going to cover the repair? I purchased the diamond shield exterior extended warranty ( 5 years). It looked like all they did was wax it before I brought it home. HAHA. Any advice would be appreciated.

My bighorn 37qb is back at the Heartlands facility in Indiana right now. I had 4 bubbles in the fiberglass. Heartland picked it up from the dealership, and will drop it off at my house when the work is complete. No problems with the warranty so far. I still have a few months left on my factory warranty to make sure no other exterior issues come up. After that, I purchased a 5 year extended warranty. Hope I don't need it!. If it is under warranty, contact Heartland! I hope there wasn't a bunch of rv's that have this problem.