Water Leak Problems Heartland Elkridge

Beach-Bum

We purchased new ElkRidge 34tsre at the end of April. We love the camper, however have noticed the last two weekends when it rains the back counter and floor by the fireplace is soaking wet. I am quite positive the window is the culprit from factory. Only hauled 100 miles from dealer to our lake lot and is just under 4 months old. We contacted the dealer last night to get it in and drove to the lake and picked it up. When we extended the jacks to hook up we heard water running, followed by the visual of a bunch of water running out of the bottom. I opened the battery compartment and water was running down the front side of the compartment. Where could this be coming from and why?
We are sick over this. There are other problems such as interior doors not fitting, drawers not staying closed, etc. These issues I am not as worried about. Two major water leaks seems unacceptable to me. We have owned RV's before and have not had anything like this.
Has anyone out there had anything like this? Suggestions other than having dealer look at it and try to fix? :( Thanks

jimtoo

Hi Beach-Bum,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I would work with your dealer to correct your problems.

Enjoy the forum and let us know what the cure is.

Jim M

RanCarr

Has anyone out there had anything like this? Suggestions other than having dealer look at it and try to fix? :( Thanks

I would find that totally unacceptable. Take it to the dealer and have him fix it as soon as possible. Water is very damaging to an RV so don't wait. There isn't much you can do about it yourself and you don't want to void the warranty.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Beach Bum,

There should be connections in the bedroom closet for a washer and dryer. It is possible that your water leak over the battery is from these waterlines.

Make the dealer remove the window and make sure it is installed/sealed properly. I was also told by a mobile tech that windows need to be re-caulked twice a year, and on all 3 sides (not the very bottom edge).

It may take some time, but the dealer and Heartland need to work together to resolve your issues. If you are not getting the answers you want, contact Heartland directly, as they seem to be very good at customer advocacy during the warranty period.