Really dumb Fuel questions

Ok, first I am sure this is a REALLY dumb question but can't seem to find this anywhere. I have a cyclone 3612. There are 2 places to fill tanks for fuel. I thought one was for the generator and one was for the "toys" and they were not connected in any way.

Am I correct in assuming the front one is for the generator and the back one is for the "toys"?

next dumb question.

Can I safely fill the genertor one from the "toy" one using the pump/nozzel?

Go ahead and laugh!

trvlrerik

I do not have the generator tank option, but I looked at it. I believe your assumptions are correct and I do not see a problem filling the generator tank with the toy tank as grounding issues should not be a problem.

truknutt

Committed Member
If I were you , I'd climb under and see if they are connected. Someone posted the other day complaining that they had ordered the rig deleting the genny and filled both tanks but now had no way to empty the genny tank. Theirs were strictly one for genny and one for filling toys.

Urban350

On my 300C the tanks are not connected, and as far as I can tell the front one is for the gen. and the other for the fuel station. I see no problem with filling the gen. one from the fuel pump.

rustyshakelford

As mentioned earlier, the front tank is the 18 gallon generator tank. The rear is the 30 gallon tank for the fuel pump. They plumbed it this way so you would have the control over the largest amount of fuel. When the genny gets low on fuel ((18-36 hrs depending on load) you can use tge fuel pump to refill the genny tank. You will also have extra to fill up your toys if needed.

Brett

Lou_and_Bette

I too wish that I had this option on my RoadWarrior but I don't. My toy likes the premium stuff but no sense in burning the high priced stuff in the genny so I just fill my one tank with regular gas for the genny and make sure I gas up the toy before returning to the RW. I see no problem with you filling one from the other though

Lou

porthole

Retired
The trailer always gets premium, just in case I decide to fill the bike. Even if I don't while on the road, it will be used at home as needed.
Although I may experiment and try carrying some octane booster and just keep regular in the tank.