2900mk

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
Does the 2900MK have Hot and Cold low water point drains?
We just pick up are new 2900MK and dealer said that sundance does not install them on any of there units ???

Scott

Currently we have a drain for the tank (cold) that is located near the termination area. The hot drain would be the petcock on the hot water heater. But, looking at the different floor plans this might not be the lowest point in all cases. So, I have instructed production to add separate hot and cold drains to the system which will be located on the door side usually around the entry step / axle area.
ST

Scott

Correct me is I'm wrong, but if you utilize your hot water by pass, you stop the flow of water going to the hot water heater. So, turn on the hot water bypass, run all of your water out of the hot water heater (from a sink - into your holding tank), then use the pitcock/drain on the hot water heater to get the last of it out.
ST

jbeletti

Hey folks, I am guessing your water heater is like mine. I have no specific low-drain on the tank itself. What I do have is a low-mounted Anode rod.

At the end of the season, to winterize, I open a hot water tap to relieve pressure, close the water heater bypass valves, then using a socket, I remove the Anode rod. The tank drains - nearly completely. I then inspect and replace the Anode rod if needed.

So, not a hot water line low drain point per se, but that Anode rod just may be lower than any other hot water lines in your rig.

Jim