ATF: Bighorn - Bedroom slide on 3385RL BH

larneal

I want to know how to manually operate the bedroom slide in case it failed to retract. It's electric and I think the motor is under the bed. I'm sure you are aware that if someone was in the bedroom and the slide was retracted, the only way out would be thru the emer exit window. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see a manuel override for this slide.

jimtoo

According to the floor plans there are two doors in the bathroom... one into bedroom.. one to steps (hallway) up to BR from lower level. So you could go through bathroom to get out of BR.

Don't know where the manual override is for slide but it should be accessible with slide in or out. Maybe someone that has checked and located override will jump in soon.

Jim M

branson4020

Icantre Member
Jim,
Don't know what you are looking at, but my BH 3385 has single door into the bathroom. It's not accessible directly from the bedroom.

larneal

Jim,

This is a 2009 3385RL. There is no door to the bathroom from the bedroom. This is no big deal and will probably never happen, but I was thinking what would I do if me and my wife were in the bedroom and the slide came in. The only way out is thru the emer exit. I know Heartland does not make the 3385 anymore and this may be part of the reason. If the bedroom slide got stuck out and wouldn't come back in I think it would be important to know how to manually override the electric motor. That's my main concern. If the override is under the bed, like I think it is, then if I had to do that I would be stuck in the bedroom and have to come out thru thDuramax/e window. I hope I have made myself clear. One thing for sure, my next trailer will have access to the bedroom with the slide in.

Larry & Gail Neal
2009 3385RL Big Horn
2007 Chevy Duramax/Allison Dually

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Larry, the floorplan showing on Heartlands website has 2 doors in the bathroom and a door from the walkway into the bedroom. They must have made a mid year change??? I wouldn't let it worry you though. The switch to operate the slide would have to malfunction without being touched. I'm thinkin, unless you have ghosts or a pesky neighbor that likes playing tricks, you can't get stuck in the bedroom.

larneal

Ray, I'm not worried about getting stuck in the bedroom. That was just a thought. My main reason for this post is to find out how to manually override the electric motor for the slide. The 2 LR slides are hydrolic and the manual override is there at the hydrolic motor but the bedroom slide is electric. Where is the override for it? The override for the electric front jacks and the electric real jacks is obvious but not for the bedroom slide. Where is the override? That's all I'm asking.

Larry & Gail Neal

3385RL BH (Full Timers)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have an electric bedroom slide. I have never given a second thought about manually moving it. My first thought was to remove the head portion of the mattress platform.
I'll cross that bridge if I ever get to it.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

larneal

Thanks Bill, that's good info to have. It still doesn't tell me where the motor is so I have to conclude it's under the forward part of the bed. Access would involve moving the matress down and removing the plywood cover. I have the adjustment rod in my owner's packet. Hope I never have a problem with this slide but I like to know as much about our coach as possible. What got me thinking about this was the last time we were camping another camper's LR slide would not retract so I helped him retract it manually. Our coach is over 2 years and I have not had a problem but I like to know how to handle them when they come. I appreciate all the replies. Thanks

Larry & Gail Neal
2009 3385RL Big Horn (Full Timers)
2007 Chevy 3500 Durmax/Allison Dually

Louba

Yes, they made the floorplan change to add a door into the bedroom sometime mid-year 2011. Mine was built early in the year and only has the hallway door. I wish they would have made that change earlier.
For the OP, why in the world would you be in the bedroom with the slide retracted? That baffles me to no end.

Lou