Sat. wiring problems

Bob Vaughn

Why are there so many posts on the sat. wiring problems....I think it is time the factory addressed this.....:(

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know for sure, but I think it is partially because some people do not understand the wiring, such as how to trace.
JMHO.

Peace
Dave

GOTTOYS

Why are there so many posts on the sat. wiring problems....I think it is time the factory addressed this.....:(
What is it that you think the Factory should do?..I am sure they would appreciate any suggestions for a solution in the event there is a problem...Don

Bob Vaughn

To start with, the end purchaser should not have to be the qc inspector. Things should work as advertised. Wires should be connected at both ends. Designers should be users. I once saw a camper that got out of the factory with no closets or storage cabinets, the factory rep said it was for over night use only, like a motel room. Duh....

BC1of38

What is it that you think the Factory should do?..I am sure they would appreciate any suggestions for a solution in the event there is a problem...Don

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...ing-Connectors?p=180183&highlight=#post180183

Post 16 is what they should do about it. Shameful the wiring in these things..............

camr

Don, this is a no brainer. I do not have this issue. But anyone who frequents this forum on a regular basis has seen post after post after freakin' post from owners with this issue. Common sense would indicate that after having so many occurances of one issue, a line manager just might consider having more QC checks to determine which employee or group of employees can't seem to crimp a connector on a wire. If this type of QC issue existed with the factory departmant that installs wheels on axles, there would be Heartlands in dithces all over North America. But this problem is not as obvious, so Heartland chooses to ignore it. The bottom line is that nothing in life is perfect. But if the problem occurs frequently, it just might be a no brainer to focus some additional attention on it!!!!!!!!

rick_debbie_gallant

Don, the factory should have some sort of qc for
Checking all things if not every single then check every x number as it rolls down the line
It appears that the wrong type of tOol is being used for the crimping of the connectors. JMHO.

Moose

For the first time about two weeks ago I tried to hook up my satellite dish.

After serveral hours of frustration I ran the freakin wire from the dish through a slide out window into the back of the satellite receiver.

A few days later a neighbour with SOB 5er asked me for help pointing his dish. Just plugged the wires in to his RV as supposed to be, pointed the dish and instant TV.

Well I can always rely on simple brute force but can't rely on the wiring in my BH.

Sandpirate69

I've put several posts on this topic. I will make it short & sweet. HL was not very helpful. They do not have all of the schematics for all the units they build. I have a Road Warrior 305 and they sent me a wiring diagram for a Cyclon. They told me that it would be somewhat similar. If it wasn't the same why would you send it to your customer? Anyway, in my UDC the first Cable Connection feeds the storage area (like i'm going to use this as a primary tv location), the 2nd cable connection feeds the tv in the living room. So the connection in my room has 2 coax connections, but one is for reg cable or off the air. 2nd connection is if you install a roof mount sat dish. My question is simple, if I connect a roof sat dish, how do i feed the other tv's in the rig? I wish HL, as well as the rest of the RV Industry would use their heads a little bit more. Prep the entire rig for Sat. I will be trying to fix my rig shortly, to get Sat in the bedroom. I have a better one, I have a phone jack in my UDC. Can someone tell me what I can use that phone jack for? WOW, sorry for blowing out some steam :mad:.