Half Time Convection Oven

joindy

Looking at both new and used 21FSB TT's. The 2009 came with half time oven which is not longer used by North Trail..I think. Looks like lots of problems with half time...my question, if I bused the 2009 with half time oven and it stops working.....can it be replaced..easily..with different brand. In other words...is the space standard...and just drop in new unit. I assume the oven and stove part are one unit? Just want to see what my options would be.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Not sure as to your question. The 1/2 time oven is normally in the the microwave. Well at least ours is. Has nothing to do with the stove or oven. Yes, the stove and oven are 1 piece. Yes, you can buy a replacement micro/1/2 time oven. Most big box stores sell something that will fit...sorta. Does the NT have 30 or a 50 AMP service?? The 1/2 time micros take lots of power. This is the place we bought ours. I think that they supply HL with all the microwaves.

http://www.midwestsales.org/

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Like any other device, you see more postings of the problems with something and very few of the majority without problems. Our Apollo Half-time is almost through it's third season with no problems whatsoever, and it gets used frequently. If it did go belly-up, I'd replace it with the same model.

M

Mcreech

The half Time oven is a oven and microwave combined and there are a bunch of folks that love it....It cooks faster and more evenly then a gas oven. If it breaks you can repalce it with another half time.....The company is still making the unit...... Most people don't understand how to use it but once they do, its really a neat feature...You could always try to retro fit a regular gas oven but the space my be to large for a oven and you woulhave to try and trim it somehow....it can be done though

archbarb

Just my thoughts that echo Mike's....we had the Apollo Half Time in our 2009 NT and loved it! Baked, roasted, and made complete meals flawlessly! It's just a learning curve...cuts time that you can be spending doing things that you really want to do!! Practice is the key to perfection with any half time oven!
Barb

Lovetocamp

I too had a 1/2 time oven in my North Trail TT before I sold it and loved it. When I bought my Big Country I was disappointed that it did not have the 1/2 time oven and had gas instead. I have seriously considered taking the gas oven out and replacing it with the 1/2 time oven because I liked it so much, but I'm not sure if I want to go through the hastle of it.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
To answer your question...No! The Apollo 1/2 time is not a standard size micro/convection oven. The standard is usually 30". Our half-time just died after 4 years...not being able to find anything that would fit the opening...we contacted Mid-west sales...you can purchase a brand new Apollo for around $250.00.

Just noticed you were referring to the combination stove top/Apollo half-time...Mid-west also sells the combo units...don't know the price though.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have the Apollo half-time oven/microwave/cooktop in our ElkRidge, and we like it. I feel more comfortable with this than a gas stove, but that's just me.

We had the same unit in our North Trail, and we had an issue with it not being secured properly (the feet jumped the track they sit on, and dislocated). We removed the trim on the front, and re-secured the unit. Later, we had a unprotected surge that fried it, and had the whole unit (stovetop/and oven) replaced with a reconditioned unit from MidWest.

I think once you get used to it, it's a good product. Just make sure it's securely attached.

E

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We had the 1/2 time oven in our 2008 North Trail and loved it. Wish we had it in our new unit.

Jamie

Crumgater

We dry-camp quite a bit, so need the gas oven & gas stove top. Don't always have electricity available for an electric oven.
Would be nice if we had the larger version of the gas oven, though.

joindy

Sounds like there is both a half time microwave convection oven as stand alone unit--with seperage gas stove/oven, and with combo gas stove top. So would be easier to replace stand alone microwave than combo unit?
Also.....with the stand alone unit you have the advantage of using both gas oven...and microwave at same time?
So.....if you like convection oven wouldn't it be best to have it as stand alone with regular gas stove below stove cooktop?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sounds like there is both a half time microwave convection oven as stand alone unit--with seperage gas stove/oven, and with combo gas stove top. So would be easier to replace stand alone microwave than combo unit?
Also.....with the stand alone unit you have the advantage of using both gas oven...and microwave at same time?
So.....if you like convection oven wouldn't it be best to have it as stand alone with regular gas stove below stove cooktop?

I guess they have different configurations. This is the way our BH3670 is set up. Apollo Half-time micro/convection oven overhead. A vent fan under it that actually exhausts outside. The gas stove top is under the cutting board cover and the gas oven is below that.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I guess they have different configurations. This is the way our BH3670 is set up. Apollo Half-time micro/convection oven overhead. A vent fan under it that actually exhausts outside. The gas stove top is under the cutting board cover and the gas oven is below that.

Yes, there are...some of the smaller Heartland units use a combination unit that has a stove top with an Apollo half-time underneath, and it comes as one unit. With this type there is no gas oven....