Ladder mounts

Does anyone have suggestions for storing or mounting the ladder in an alternate location while travelling? It would have been nice if HL had placed some type of mounting bracket on the rear of the trailer. I am looking for something different than laying the ladder on the garage floor.

GOTTOYS

I stand a 6 ft step ladder on edge in my large storage compartment under the bedroom. I hold it in place with a bungee. Takes up about 5-6 inches of space. I don't like hanging anything off my rear ladder like you often see...Don

I guess I was not clear enough in my original post. I was referring to the 11' ladder on the rear side of the roadwarrior for roof access.

ditkitty

Well, we actually cut it in half, mid-way between two rungs. Found a piece of pipe that the ends exactly fit into, and cut that exactly the length between the two rungs. Now when we put it together, the cut ends of the ladder fit exactly together into the pipe (think of it like a cast on a broken bone) and it still fits perfectly and works perfectly. When we take it apart, it is small enough to throw up on top in the loft, which we only use for storage anyway.

I guess I was not clear enough in my original post. I was referring to the 11' ladder on the rear side of the roadwarrior for roof access.

BruteForce

I've had the same issue. After I load 3x ATV's in the garage, the ladder ends up laying over the top of the quads. When we arrive at our destination, we find the ladder tangled up in handle-bars and new scratches on the quads from the mount points.

What a pain.

Of late, I've been noticing more folks just not taking their ladders off. With all the construction underway, this seems like an accident waiting to happen (narrow roads, etc).

RoadJunkie

Here's what I do:

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/26337-Ladder-Storage-Mod?p=195965&highlight=#post195965

I went to my local RV shop and bought 6 more mounting cups and a tube of silicone. I siliconed those on the back of my 3950s ramp door with the ladder at its lowest point still hanging over the top and then I simply move the ladder back there for travel. it only takes a minute to replace back to the side.