2890BHS vs. 2997BHS

dak212925

My wife, daughter, and I were out looking at new fifth wheels today (upgrading from a travel trailer). We ran across the Sundance and love it. The dealer only has a 2890BHS in stock. We're also considering the 2997BHS, but are unsure of the bunkhouse. Any chance that any 2997BHS owners have a few pictures of the bunkhouse area they could post?

Thanks,
doug

JJAK17

I dont have the pictures you are looking for but I do have a bunkhouse Sundance 3200rbh and we love it. I am sure that someone will come thru for you with your pictures.

Take sometime look around this forum and ask lots of questions. In the the long run it is YOUR money and good luck on your choice.

Jason

dak212925

2890bhs

We were back at the dealer today. We will probably go with the 2890BHS. While looking at the unit, I noticed the axles appeared slightly bent (very slightly U-shaped, higher in the middle). Is this normal? I've never noticed this before.

Thanks,
doug

JJAK17

You know that is very ironic. I was under mine yesterday and noticed the same thing. I thought it was just my eyes but a closer inspection it does look that way. I was actually going to post a question on here for the same thing. Does anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Jason

newman

Mine do the same thing, I am thinking it has to do with how the weight is carried. I think the axles are bowed to accept the weight like large semi-truck flatbed trailers.

Uncle Rog

Howdy, check with ct0128, he had an issue with his axles and he learned all about the camber etc.....

lwfox002

We take possession of our new 2009 2997BHS Thursday the 14th. It has the bunk house and it looks great but no pictures to send yet. As far as the axles being bent, the previous post said something about camber. This is correct. This is done to cause the tires to wear correctly and also helps the trailer track better.

thumper

We are looking at the 2997BHS model and have some concerns about the space available above each of the bunks. Can anyone tell me how much room there is? Can you sit up? Does anyone have pictures, particularly of the bunk area? Thanks.