EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: WY, Gillette - 6/14/2012 to 6/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb0zke

Checking the calendars now. There are two church-related conventions the first part of June that may or may not involve us, one in Columbia and one in St. Charles.

Last edited by a moderator:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We are planning to be there just not sure exactly when. We are still trying to find a workcamping job for the summer.

navyAZ1

We are anxiously awaiting that e-mail that tells us when to register, don't want to miss the window! We're going to be in south TX after the first of the year, then be back home in GA for the month of May, and plan to head west around the 1st of June to do a little site seeing along the way. If fuel hasn't gone to $5 or $6 per gallon by then we hope to continue on after the Rally and make another big western loop. Wooooo Hooooo can't wait!!!

Ron

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
We are anxiously awaiting that e-mail that tells us when to register, don't want to miss the window! We're going to be in south TX after the first of the year, then be back home in GA for the month of May, and plan to head west around the 1st of June to do a little site seeing along the way. If fuel hasn't gone to $5 or $6 per gallon by then we hope to continue on after the Rally and make another big western loop. Wooooo Hooooo can't wait!!!

Ron

If it works into your schedule join us in Cody the week following Gillette. There are tons of things to see and do.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...dy-6-21-2012-to-6-24-2012?p=208419#post208419

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We want to come, just have to make things line up just right. Working on getting the time off, So we'll be ready to reserve our spot when it's announced!

Erika

jbeletti

Gillette, WY Rally Update for 4-December

The following message was sent out to 913 club members today. I reprint it here for 2 reasons.
  1. Some members may have a new email address but have not updated it in their profile (link). As such, they are not receiving any forum email, any PM notices or any direct email from me or their chapter leaders
  2. A benefit of club membership is an exclusive registration window for this rally. In the last couple of years, this rally has sold out very quickly. There are however, always cancellations. Last year for example, cancellations ran about 15%. Everyone who got on the rally waitlist, got into the rally. If you are not a club member (link to application) and wish to join us for this rally, please watch this rally thread in early January for an announcement on when the rally is open to all Heartland product owners. When it opens, if all sites are sold, "GET ON THE WAITLIST" - it really works!

Email sent to Club Members - 4-December

Gillette, WY Rally Update

Dear Club Member,

As we get closer to opening registration for the 2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally, I want to give you a quick update so you can use it as a planning guide, should you be considering joining us in Gillette.

WHAT
The 2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally

WHEN
June 14-17, 2012

WHERE
The Cam-Plex in Gillette, Wyoming

REGISTRATION
We’re presently on track for a December 15th launch date for rally registration. As in past years, registrations will be done online only. When registration is open, you will be sent an email that will include the registration website link.

EARLY ARRIVAL
Rally attendees WILL be allowed to arrive up to 1 week early and stay at the rally venue – the Cam-Plex. The earliest day of arrival will be June 7th. When you register for the rally, you will indicate your arrival day. You will pay for your early days at the time of initial registration. Early days will be $25 each. This includes the site rate, sales tax and merchant account fees. If at a later date, you need to change your arrival date, we will work out a process where you can do this. As always, refunds will be available through some date to be determined later, and will be at a rate of about 90% (refund, less merchant account and processing fees).

CHECK-OUT
The Newmar Owners Club rally follows our rally and their advance team and early attendees will begin to arrive on Monday, June 18th. As such, we “MUST” vacate the Cam-Plex property by noon, Sunday, June 17th, the last day of the rally. Thanks for your understanding.

SERVICE
We do “plan” to have rally service during the rally. For those of you who have not been to one of these rallies, what rally service is, is minor adjustments and repairs to your Heartland coach, starting Monday, June 11th and ending on Friday, June 15th. Arriving earlier in the week will better ensure your service requests can be accommodated.

WHAT DAY “SHOULD” I ARRIVE?
As rally service begins on Monday, June 11th and, as Thursday, June 14th, the first day of the rally will be a “full-day” of seminars etc., it is “strongly advised” that you arrive as early in the week as is practical for you. For certain, please do your best to arrive not later than Wednesday, June 13th. Note that for those arriving Thursday, it is not always possible to ensure we will be able to provide rally service to you. Best efforts will be made.

SITES
I felt the sites were a bit narrow at 18’ wide. As such, it’s our “plan” to utilize every other site. Actual site assignments will be made in the April/May timeframe. Those wanting to be grouped together should let their club Chapter Leader know so the Chapter Leader can coordinate their chapter’s needs through me, well in advance.

COST
The rally fee for up to 2 club members in a rig has been set at $200. This fee will include camping fees for 3 nights beginning June 14. It will include several catered meals and on-site entertainment. You will be able to more than 2 people stay with you in your rig. A fee structure has been determined for additional attendees “in your rig”. You will also be able to join the rally and not camp with us at the Cam-Plex if you live nearby.

MEALS
I am still working with caterers, but trust, we’ll have several yummy meals

SEMINARS and PRESENTATIONS
I am still working on ideas. The complete schedule will not be revealed until May or so.

VENDORS
We will have a small “Heartland Marketplace” where we invite carefully selected vendors to sell products and services at the rally.

GOLF CARTS
We are hoping to have a limited number of golf carts available for rental. When we have a contract in place, we will add this item to the registration process. For those already registered when a contract is in place, we will send an email out to registered attendees and you will be able to add this to your existing registration.

RIG WEIGHING
RVSEF agents, Howard and Linda Payne (RV Dreams) will be performing Rig Weighing during the rally. Rig weighing begins June 7 and continues through the end of the rally – June 17.

WHAT NOT TO DO
The Cam-Plex has fielded a few calls from club members who want to register for the rally or register for early days. I applaud that enthusiasm. The Cam-Plex will “not” be handling any part of the rally registration process, nor will they be directly collecting for early days. We will handle all of that through the registration process.

REMINDER
Registration for this rally is NOT open yet. We are still working on the registration website. You will receive an email letting you know when it is open. We are still on track for a December 15th launch of the registration site.

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club

jbeletti

Gillette, WY Rally Update for 5-December

Tonight, we added an agenda to the registration website and to a forum thread. Here's a link to the agenda thread on the forum. At this time, this agenda is just an outline or framework with little real content. We will continue to refine it.

The rally registration website continues to be programmed. We remain on-track for a 15-Dec launch :)

Jim

TravelTiger

Re: Gillette, WY Rally Update for 5-December

Jim, I don't know if it's just me, but on the Agenda document, on some of the pages, the text appears white over the word DRAFT and I cannot read it.

Erika

jbeletti

Erika,

Dont adjust your computer :)

It's this year's agenda, white-fonted and repurposed for 2012. As I work through it, black font will be used. When it is final, the DRAFT watermark will be removed.

jimtoo

Shucks Jim,,,, we could have had fun with Erika.... maybe even sold her a new monitor or fixed her's for a little fee.....:) :)

Jim M

TravelTiger

Actually guys, I pulled the PDF into Adobe Illustrator, selected the white type and changed it to black and read it... I saw it was 2011 Rally info, and decided it was "not meant to be seen" about the time Jim B responded to my post. LOL! {No wool over eyes today}!

Erika

jimtoo

Geeezes ,,, another smarty pants...:)

Actually guys, I pulled the PDF into Adobe Illustrator, selected the white type and changed it to black and read it... I saw it was 2011 Rally info, and decided it was "not meant to be seen" about the time Jim B responded to my post. LOL! {No wool over eyes today}!

Erika

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well Jim now that Erika has cracked the secret message you know what you gotta do.
It aint gonna be pretty E.
653.gif

Peace
Dave

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Jim, I may have missed it but was wondering how many spots are being held for the Rally?

Doug

jimtoo

SITES

I felt the sites were a bit narrow at 18’ wide. As such, it’s our “plan” to utilize every other site. Actual site assignments will be made in the April/May timeframe. Those wanting to be grouped together should let their club Chapter Leader know so the Chapter Leader can coordinate their chapter’s needs through me, well in advance.

Hi Doug,, as it stands right now the plan is to use only every other site because they are only 18' wide according to the Cam-Plex info. The boxelder part has 688 sites. (Wouldn't it be AWESOME to fill it up.)

Jim M

Jim, I may have missed it but was wondering how many spots are being held for the Rally?

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.