PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: WY, Gillette - 6/14/2012 to 6/17/2012

Pages : [1] 2

jbeletti
08-25-2011, 09:47 AM
4398 Boxelder Road, Gillette, WY 82718

Venue:
------------------------------

Cam-Plex
4398 Boxelder Road
Gillette, WY 82718
Barbara Steele 307-682-0552
http://www.cam-plex.com
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $0
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $0
Click code for larger image17123
Scan for vCard with Venue Info (help)

Details:

Number of sites held: 3 - and they are included in the rally rate
Site fee: /A - all 3 site nights are included in the rally rate per night.
Club Member Event fee: This is TBD and will be posted here by 31-December
Non-Club Member fee: This is TBD and will be posted here by 31-December
Potluck: Yes - Date: 6/15/2012 - Time: 6:00 pm
Click code for larger image17124
Scan for vCalendar with Event Info (help)

Click here to register for this rally (http://www.regonline.com/2012gillette)

Event Leader: jbeletti(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=2)

Additional Info:
Updated 4-Sept-2011:Well, I was told this rally announcement thread was not appearing on the Events list. What! Sure enough, it was not. I closed this thread after I was done creating it as I am trying to promote the discussion about this rally in the other threads created to do so (links below). I had forgotten that rally threads that are closed disappear from the Events list - just as we designed it. Just forgot :)Prefer to see questions posted in other threads within this rally forum (see links below in Other Relevant Gillette Rally Threads section.

Other Relevant Gillette Rally Threads:
----------------------------------------------------

Pre-Rally Convoy Planning thread (travel with your Heartland pals enroute to the rally...) (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/26279)
Pacific Region Rally Convoy thread (travel with others from the Pacific region to the rally) (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/26163-Pacific-Region-Travel-Discussion-to-Gillette-WY-National-Rally?p=194610#post194610)
Pre-Rally Travel Planning thread (what routes are you taking, where are you staying, what are you seeing...) (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/26277)
Questions and Answers about this Rally thread (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/26280)

Dieseldanny
09-13-2011, 12:06 AM
My Wife & I are looking forward to attending the National Rally in Wyoming in 2012. This will be the first rally that we attended since an N.C.H.A. rally in Indiana back in the 1970's. At that time we had a Chevy station wagon pulling a 20' Norris single axle travel trailer. We also had 4 kids and a dog in tow, no air conditioning, and it was HOT. I think things will definitely be more comfortable on this trip.
Dan Stubbins

happykraut
09-19-2011, 10:08 AM
My wife and I are planning to attend. I need some advice from the Wyoming folks. I will be attending both the Gillette and Cody Rallies. I'm trying to figure out whether to spend more time after Gillette, or spend more time in Cody before the Rally. After Cody, we'll spend some time in Yellowstone. Thanks.

ziggy
09-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Jim,
Could you add a link to the Pacific Region Caravan thread I opened to your list?
Thanks,
Kristy

jbeletti
09-21-2011, 07:42 AM
Jim,
Could you add a link to the Pacific Region Caravan thread I opened to your list?
Thanks,
Kristy

Done deal :)

ziggy
09-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks Jim.
Kristy

Herbiesrig
09-28-2011, 07:31 AM
Dan and I are planning on attending,,,,,,,,wondering if anyone is planning a caravan to Wyoming, from Michigan/Wisconsin.....

Ray LeTourneau
09-28-2011, 07:51 AM
Dan and I are planning on attending,,,,,,,,wondering if anyone is planning a caravan to Wyoming, from Michigan/Wisconsin.....
Karen, Lin & I are going and would consider caravaning. Lets keep it on the table for now though. We plan on being back from the south in mid April. We could meet you guys as you come across the northwoods of WI. Or you could come down by us and we could head west from here in Rapids.

Anyone else???

wdk450
09-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Jim:
With just 3 sites held this rally should fill up pretty quick, Ha Ha!!!

cookie
09-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Karen, Lin & I are going and would consider caravaning. Lets keep it on the table for now though. We plan on being back from the south in mid April. We could meet you guys as you come across the northwoods of WI. Or you could come down by us and we could head west from here in Rapids.

Anyone else???
We plan on going. We will have to talk about when you all want to leave and where you want to make some stops.
I am not a fan of caravaning but will keep it in mind.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau
09-28-2011, 10:09 AM
We plan on going. We will have to talk about when you all want to leave and where you want to make some stops.
I am not a fan of caravaning but will keep it in mind.

Peace
Dave
I agree Dave. It might work better if we Picked places to overnight and travel to those stops as we want. It's easier to fuel, potty, explore and shop or whatever. Then hang out at the overnight and BS about the day's adventures.

cookie
09-28-2011, 01:22 PM
I agree Dave. It might work better if we Picked places to overnight and travel to those stops as we want. It's easier to fuel, potty, explore and shop or whatever. Then hang out at the overnight and BS about the day's adventures.

I could live with that.

Peace
Dave

Herbiesrig
09-28-2011, 02:57 PM
that sounds like a good plan also.....keep in touch

Hockster
10-01-2011, 10:26 AM
We are planning to leave around the end of May, or first of June heading West to Gillette, do some exploring before the Rally, then do some more after the Rally.
I have an Army reunion in Rochester, MN. the end of June, then plan to head through Upper Michigan, on the way back home.

Hockster.

jbeletti
10-04-2011, 09:19 AM
The following change was made to the Q&A thread (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/26280) for this rally:

Q. What about coming in early for the rally. We always enjoy getting to town days/weeks ahead of time? :)
A. UPDATE (4-Oct): You may arrive up to ONE WEEK EARLY! (Thursday, June 7). We just worked this out with the Cam-Plex. Rates will be determined at a later date.

ziggy
10-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Yea! That makes things easier.
Kristy

happykraut
10-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Now, that is some good news.

codycarver
10-09-2011, 06:09 PM
We will be having a rally to coincide with Gillette and would love to have you guys attend. The poll I started seems to lean to a rally before but we haven't set a date yet so if you are interested and haven't voted yet please use the link below. Please leave any comments at that thread. They would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave & Amy
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/26295-Cody-WY-Rally-before-after-quot-The-Rally-quot

loafer
10-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Thats great news Jim
as usual you have done it again that makes us all happy who like to get in a bit early and set up.
Jim, thanks for all you do for us Heartlanders
Regards, Bill

convert
10-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Hey Jim
Nancy & I plan on being there. Save us a spot. Sounds like an exciting place to be.

Reg & Nancy

TandT
10-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Teri and I plan on attending, as well. Trace

kb0zke
11-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Checking the calendars now. There are two church-related conventions the first part of June that may or may not involve us, one in Columbia and one in St. Charles.

jayc
11-18-2011, 09:49 AM
We are planning to be there just not sure exactly when. We are still trying to find a workcamping job for the summer.

navyAZ1
11-29-2011, 10:21 AM
We are anxiously awaiting that e-mail that tells us when to register, don't want to miss the window! We're going to be in south TX after the first of the year, then be back home in GA for the month of May, and plan to head west around the 1st of June to do a little site seeing along the way. If fuel hasn't gone to $5 or $6 per gallon by then we hope to continue on after the Rally and make another big western loop. Wooooo Hooooo can't wait!!!

Ron

codycarver
11-29-2011, 11:29 AM
We are anxiously awaiting that e-mail that tells us when to register, don't want to miss the window! We're going to be in south TX after the first of the year, then be back home in GA for the month of May, and plan to head west around the 1st of June to do a little site seeing along the way. If fuel hasn't gone to $5 or $6 per gallon by then we hope to continue on after the Rally and make another big western loop. Wooooo Hooooo can't wait!!!

Ron

If it works into your schedule join us in Cody the week following Gillette. There are tons of things to see and do.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/27795-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-WY-Cody-6-21-2012-to-6-24-2012?p=208419#post208419

TravelTiger
12-02-2011, 09:26 AM
We want to come, just have to make things line up just right. Working on getting the time off, So we'll be ready to reserve our spot when it's announced!

Erika

jbeletti
12-04-2011, 10:34 AM
The following message was sent out to 913 club members today. I reprint it here for 2 reasons.

Some members may have a new email address but have not updated it in their profile (link (//heartlandowners.org/profile.php?do=editpassword)). As such, they are not receiving any forum email, any PM notices or any direct email from me or their chapter leaders
A benefit of club membership is an exclusive registration window for this rally. In the last couple of years, this rally has sold out very quickly. There are however, always cancellations. Last year for example, cancellations ran about 15%. Everyone who got on the rally waitlist, got into the rally. If you are not a club member (link to application (//heartlandowners.org/vbMemberManager.php)) and wish to join us for this rally, please watch this rally thread in early January for an announcement on when the rally is open to all Heartland product owners. When it opens, if all sites are sold, "GET ON THE WAITLIST" - it really works!

Email sent to Club Members - 4-December

Gillette, WY Rally Update

Dear Club Member,

As we get closer to opening registration for the 2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally, I want to give you a quick update so you can use it as a planning guide, should you be considering joining us in Gillette.

WHAT
The 2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally

WHEN
June 14-17, 2012

WHERE
The Cam-Plex in Gillette, Wyoming

REGISTRATION
We’re presently on track for a December 15th launch date for rally registration. As in past years, registrations will be done online only. When registration is open, you will be sent an email that will include the registration website link.

EARLY ARRIVAL
Rally attendees WILL be allowed to arrive up to 1 week early and stay at the rally venue – the Cam-Plex. The earliest day of arrival will be June 7th. When you register for the rally, you will indicate your arrival day. You will pay for your early days at the time of initial registration. Early days will be $25 each. This includes the site rate, sales tax and merchant account fees. If at a later date, you need to change your arrival date, we will work out a process where you can do this. As always, refunds will be available through some date to be determined later, and will be at a rate of about 90% (refund, less merchant account and processing fees).

CHECK-OUT
The Newmar Owners Club rally follows our rally and their advance team and early attendees will begin to arrive on Monday, June 18th. As such, we “MUST” vacate the Cam-Plex property by noon, Sunday, June 17th, the last day of the rally. Thanks for your understanding.

SERVICE
We do “plan” to have rally service during the rally. For those of you who have not been to one of these rallies, what rally service is, is minor adjustments and repairs to your Heartland coach, starting Monday, June 11th and ending on Friday, June 15th. Arriving earlier in the week will better ensure your service requests can be accommodated.

WHAT DAY “SHOULD” I ARRIVE?
As rally service begins on Monday, June 11th and, as Thursday, June 14th, the first day of the rally will be a “full-day” of seminars etc., it is “strongly advised” that you arrive as early in the week as is practical for you. For certain, please do your best to arrive not later than Wednesday, June 13th. Note that for those arriving Thursday, it is not always possible to ensure we will be able to provide rally service to you. Best efforts will be made.

SITES
I felt the sites were a bit narrow at 18’ wide. As such, it’s our “plan” to utilize every other site. Actual site assignments will be made in the April/May timeframe. Those wanting to be grouped together should let their club Chapter Leader know so the Chapter Leader can coordinate their chapter’s needs through me, well in advance.

COST
The rally fee for up to 2 club members in a rig has been set at $200. This fee will include camping fees for 3 nights beginning June 14. It will include several catered meals and on-site entertainment. You will be able to more than 2 people stay with you in your rig. A fee structure has been determined for additional attendees “in your rig”. You will also be able to join the rally and not camp with us at the Cam-Plex if you live nearby.

MEALS
I am still working with caterers, but trust, we’ll have several yummy meals

SEMINARS and PRESENTATIONS
I am still working on ideas. The complete schedule will not be revealed until May or so.

VENDORS
We will have a small “Heartland Marketplace” where we invite carefully selected vendors to sell products and services at the rally.

GOLF CARTS
We are hoping to have a limited number of golf carts available for rental. When we have a contract in place, we will add this item to the registration process. For those already registered when a contract is in place, we will send an email out to registered attendees and you will be able to add this to your existing registration.

RIG WEIGHING
RVSEF agents, Howard and Linda Payne (RV Dreams) will be performing Rig Weighing during the rally. Rig weighing begins June 7 and continues through the end of the rally – June 17.

WHAT NOT TO DO
The Cam-Plex has fielded a few calls from club members who want to register for the rally or register for early days. I applaud that enthusiasm. The Cam-Plex will “not” be handling any part of the rally registration process, nor will they be directly collecting for early days. We will handle all of that through the registration process.

REMINDER
Registration for this rally is NOT open yet. We are still working on the registration website. You will receive an email letting you know when it is open. We are still on track for a December 15th launch of the registration site.

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club

jbeletti
12-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Tonight, we added an agenda to the registration website and to a forum thread. Here's a link to the agenda thread on the forum (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/28023). At this time, this agenda is just an outline or framework with little real content. We will continue to refine it.

The rally registration website continues to be programmed. We remain on-track for a 15-Dec launch :)

Jim

TravelTiger
12-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Jim, I don't know if it's just me, but on the Agenda document, on some of the pages, the text appears white over the word DRAFT and I cannot read it.

Erika

jbeletti
12-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Erika,

Dont adjust your computer :)

It's this year's agenda, white-fonted and repurposed for 2012. As I work through it, black font will be used. When it is final, the DRAFT watermark will be removed.

TravelTiger
12-06-2011, 12:15 AM
OK Jim, thanks for the clarification! :p

Erika

jimtoo
12-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Shucks Jim,,,, we could have had fun with Erika.... maybe even sold her a new monitor or fixed her's for a little fee.....:) :)

Jim M

jbeletti
12-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Shucks Jim,,,, we could have had fun with Erika.... maybe even sold her a new monitor or fixed her's for a little fee.....:) :)

Jim M

I know Jim - but she's a pretty nice gal and I was too tired to mess with her more on it :)

TravelTiger
12-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Actually guys, I pulled the PDF into Adobe Illustrator, selected the white type and changed it to black and read it... I saw it was 2011 Rally info, and decided it was "not meant to be seen" about the time Jim B responded to my post. LOL! {No wool over eyes today}!

Erika

jimtoo
12-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Geeezes ,,, another smarty pants...:)

Actually guys, I pulled the PDF into Adobe Illustrator, selected the white type and changed it to black and read it... I saw it was 2011 Rally info, and decided it was "not meant to be seen" about the time Jim B responded to my post. LOL! {No wool over eyes today}!

Erika

cookie
12-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Well Jim now that Erika has cracked the secret message you know what you gotta do.
It aint gonna be pretty E. http://emoticons4u.com/cool/653.gif

Peace
Dave

DougLynne
12-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Jim, I may have missed it but was wondering how many spots are being held for the Rally?

Doug

TravelTiger
12-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Well Jim now that Erika has cracked the secret message you know what you gotta do.
It aint gonna be pretty E. http://emoticons4u.com/cool/653.gif

Peace
Dave

Oh. I thought I won a new Landmark San Antonio??!

jimtoo
12-09-2011, 03:37 PM
SITES
I felt the sites were a bit narrow at 18’ wide. As such, it’s our “plan” to utilize every other site. Actual site assignments will be made in the April/May timeframe. Those wanting to be grouped together should let their club Chapter Leader know so the Chapter Leader can coordinate their chapter’s needs through me, well in advance.

Hi Doug,, as it stands right now the plan is to use only every other site because they are only 18' wide according to the Cam-Plex info. The boxelder part has 688 sites. (Wouldn't it be AWESOME to fill it up.)

Jim M

Jim, I may have missed it but was wondering how many spots are being held for the Rally?

Doug

jbeletti
12-09-2011, 07:02 PM

Doug

Doug,

The target is 200 rigs.

Jim

DougLynne
12-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks Jim & Jim, by the discussion on here I'm thinking it won't be a problem getting 200+. Doug

jbeletti
12-14-2011, 12:49 AM
Just a quick note to bump this one up to the top of the list to advise that the Gillette rally will be open for registration to club members on December 15th.

I am releasing 175 sites to start.

An email will be sent out to all club members the moment registration opens up for you!

Jim

loafer
12-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Been waitin all year Jim
Bill

lkjcreative
12-15-2011, 01:28 AM
We just finished registering. :) See you all in Gillette. We'll be there June June 10-17.

Flying Dutchman
12-15-2011, 06:40 AM
Wahoo, the big western adventure is a go!! :D We will arrive Gillette 6/8 and stay through 6/17.

DougAndJudy
12-15-2011, 08:48 AM
We got our reservation in too! We'll be there on the 12th. See y'all there!

shovelguy
12-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Arriving the 10th. Should be a crowd by then!!!

kakampers
12-15-2011, 09:31 AM
We'll be arriving on the 11th....have a show in Loveland, CO the weekend before...Oh, Well..gotta work, but we will be there!!

jayc
12-15-2011, 09:41 AM
We're signed up. Can't wait to get there!

rjr6150
12-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Signed up also arriving the 11th. Come on CO. chapter start signing up.

GETnBYE
12-15-2011, 09:46 AM
We are NOT signed up. Boo Hoo,
We will miss this one, that pesky ole job and having to pay the bills.
Unless the rally months ever change or Wayne's work shut down months ever change we will probably not get to go to anymore national rallies. They have started blocking the calendar for the month of June from now on. OK< that's my rant and whine.
NOW, ya'll have a wonderful time at the rally and everyone travel safe!
If hubby gets done work in time, we might try to fly out just to see everyone, but that is a long shot too.
Enjoy and make sure to post and let us know how it was.
Anita

hcriddle
12-15-2011, 09:59 AM
We are in! We are so looking forward to this. Can't wait to see everyone!

ziggy
12-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Arriving the 10th. Should be a crowd by then!!! Yeah! Another Oregon person signed up. Come on Oregon! Get signed up soon! Kristy

Hockster
12-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Just finished the registering and are good to go. Going in on 12-17 June.

Hockster

================================================== ================================================== ===============================

loafer
12-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Anita and Wayne
Sorry to hear that you cant make it. One day you will both be retired and can get out to the National rallies.
We will miss you
Bill and Maureen

wdk450
12-15-2011, 12:05 PM
I just registered. The site said that there were only 104 spaces left as I started registration. I have thought this trip out and decided I will make a quick 2 day trip to the Yellowstone area, stay there probably 2 weeks in late May - early June before the "out of school" crowds arrive, travel to Gillette via an overnight stay in Cody on June 7th, arrive Gillette on Jun 8, stay at the rally until June 17th, go to the Mt. Rushmore area for a couple of days before heading to Cody for that rally starting the 21st. My exact path home is still up in the air - I have always wanted to see the Grand Coulee dam near Spokane, but the is a lot of miles North that I eventually have to backtrack South to get home to Sacramento (in time for the Summer heat). I will do the Cody reservations later this morning. Other places later.
I still have to register for Oroville and (maybe) the Western Regional Rally.

Anybody interested in travelling along. PM me.

TessaM
12-15-2011, 12:25 PM
We're registered and arriving on the 10th! Several of us from Central CA will be there...looking forward to a great Rally! :)

lkjcreative
12-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Great Teresa! Hopefully most of our chapter will be able to come along and perhaps even caravan going there or coming back.
We're registered and arriving on the 10th! Looking forward to a great Rally!

tkrejdl
12-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Just signed up for rally in Gillette. Can't wait for June to head out.

jbeletti
12-15-2011, 07:15 PM
I just registered. The site said that there were only 104 spaces left as I started registration. I have thought this trip out and decided I will make a quick 2 day trip to the Yellowstone area, stay there probably 2 weeks in late May - early June before the "out of school" crowds arrive, travel to Gillette via an overnight stay in Cody on June 7th, arrive Gillette on Jun 8, stay at the rally until June 17th, go to the Mt. Rushmore area for a couple of days before heading to Cody for that rally starting the 21st. My exact path home is still up in the air - I have always wanted to see the Grand Coulee dam near Spokane, but the is a lot of miles North that I eventually have to backtrack South to get home to Sacramento (in time for the Summer heat). I will do the Cody reservations later this morning. Other places later.
I still have to register for Oroville and (maybe) the Western Regional Rally.

Anybody interested in travelling along. PM me.

Sounds like a great trip Bill! We may see you at Mt Rushmore as we're heading to that area right after Gillette.

Jim

jbeletti
12-15-2011, 07:17 PM
We are NOT signed up. Boo Hoo,
We will miss this one, that pesky ole job and having to pay the bills.
Unless the rally months ever change or Wayne's work shut down months ever change we will probably not get to go to anymore national rallies. They have started blocking the calendar for the month of June from now on. OK< that's my rant and whine.
NOW, ya'll have a wonderful time at the rally and everyone travel safe!
If hubby gets done work in time, we might try to fly out just to see everyone, but that is a long shot too.
Enjoy and make sure to post and let us know how it was.
Anita

What! This has to get worked on. I'm writing letters to your employers. We need the Coopers at these rallies!

:( :(

TomSt
12-15-2011, 09:24 PM
On to Gillete then Cody and beyond Cannot wait!!!!

Tom & Mary

jbeletti
12-15-2011, 09:31 PM
Tom - awesome to see you and Mary so far west. In addition to your own NJ rally as well as the NE Region rally, you're getting some big rally time under your belts in 2012 and seeing some great places.

Jim

DEBJER
12-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Woo hoo, we're signed up, looking forward to experiencing our first national rally!!

happykraut
12-15-2011, 11:39 PM
Kept checking my inbox all day for Beletti's email. No email. Then I checked my spam filter and bingo, there it was. Will register in the morning.

GETnBYE
12-16-2011, 12:32 AM
What! This has to get worked on. I'm writing letters to your employers. We need the Coopers at these rallies!

:( :(

Awww, We are sad to not get to be there. We feel so blessed to have made such great friends at the rallies.
I wish a letter would work, I would be printing them up and getting them signed,
you never know, we could just win the lotto before then and he can quit the job.
We did sort of hit the lotto. Our daughter announced that a new grandchild will be arriving in July, so I might have been to nervous to party that far away from home...............naaaaaaaaaaaaa, I'd party and then fly home if needed. HAVE FUN!!

TXBobcat
12-16-2011, 12:49 AM
Ok.. I haven't received one. Maybe because I was not at the last rally.. and have to wait????

Send me one so I can get it in...

BC

TXBobcat
12-16-2011, 01:06 AM
I understand we have to leave on Sunday June 17th. What is the earliest date we can arrive?

Also is there a list of those that have signed up?

BC

TandT
12-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Bob, It says you can arrive on June 7th.

Look here http://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=1034473 Trace

happykraut
12-16-2011, 07:48 AM
We just registered. We will be arriving Jun 11. We will most likely camp in Custer, SD for a view days on the way to Gillette.

MaryandSteve
12-16-2011, 08:03 AM
We registered yesterday and are looking forward to it. We will be coming from the TN/KY rally up to Gillette. Think we Might go to see Mt Rushmore on the way. Hope to meet all of you there. This will be our 2nd rally (first will be the TN/KY rally). This is all new to us and we are jumping head first into all of this. Hope to meet up with some of you on the way.

jbeletti
12-16-2011, 08:50 AM
I understand we have to leave on Sunday June 17th. What is the earliest date we can arrive?

Also is there a list of those that have signed up?

BC

Just for you Bob cause you know I love ya :) Check here (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/28186).

Hugs to Pat and Trevor.

Jim

MaryandSteve
12-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Well it seems that we are the ONLY ones from Indiana. Hope there will be some more.

DougLynne
12-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Registered as soon as I got the email. We arrive the 7th.
Doug

Hastey
12-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Registered and we arrive the 12th. See everyone there!

Hockster
12-16-2011, 05:30 PM
After some thought, I added one (1) day. I will now be arriving on 11 June.

Hockster

================================================== ================================================== =================================

MTPockets
12-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Signed today for June 8th - Our First Rally... We travelled that area in August in our old Class C without a thought that we would go back so soon.... Somewhere in one of these links, if I'm not daydreaming, someone said if you go early to bring a lot of water .... I don't know what they meant... Anyone else see that - does it make sense?

larryanddonnakeever
12-17-2011, 10:30 AM
We now have 5 members of the new Oklahoma Chapter signed up for the NAHR. Three of our rigs are planning to caravan, stopping to visit the Mt. Rushmore area in route. If any other Oklahoma Chapter members would like to join us let me know. If any other HOC member headed to Gillette and you are coming through OKla you are welcome to join us too. We are palnning on leaving Oklahoma City June 8th..
Larry and Donna Keever And Buddy
Oklahoma City, Ok
2010 Ford F350 FX4 Lariet 6.4 Diesel
2011 BigHorn 3585RL

Gaffer
12-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Hey MTPockets I think Jim means plenty of water hose.
Q. Where are the utility connections be.
A. Everything connects behind the RV. Bring plenty of water and sewer hose. Probably won't need to extend your power cord beyond the factory length unless your connection is at the center of the side of the coach.

MTPockets
12-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Ah.... Water hose..... Thanks for un-confusing me........

wdk450
12-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Hey,
I'm continuously curios about how many rigs have registered for the rally. If the webmasters can't put up some automatic counter like they do for number of people online in the forum, maybe the newest registrants posting on this thread could report what number was reported to them as they registered.

cookie
12-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Hey,
I'm continuously curios about how many rigs have registered for the rally. If the webmasters can't put up some automatic counter like they do for number of people online in the forum, maybe the newest registrants posting on this thread could report what number was reported to them as they registered.
Just go to the Registration Page. 175 spots were reserved, as of now there are 54 spaces remaining.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti
12-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Well, we're just short of the 3-day mark and we're at about 70% (121 sites) sold of the first allocation of 175 sites. I knew this one would not go quite as fast as the Goshen rallies. But wow - this is still a pretty break neck pace.

Thank you Heartlanders!

Jim

jbeletti
12-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Updated: 17-Dec

TandT
12-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Jim, How about going one better and putting up a map that populates by state? That way we can see a snapshot of how many are "representing' each state at the rally. Trace

sgtbigb
12-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Well I signed up and is ready to go. Now I have 5 1/2 months to talk my wife in going.:confused: She is not wild about the ideal of going to Wyoming.

cookie
12-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Jim, How about going one better and putting up a map that populates by state? That way we can see a snapshot of how many are "representing' each state at the rally. Trace

Trace, one thing you can do is go to the Directories Page (https://www.regonline.com/activereports/CustomReports/DirectoryReport.aspx?eventid=Qk87cCNQE38%3d&rptId=727802) and "Export Directory" to Excel. Then under "Data" click "Sort By" then "State/prov" in the drop down.
Might help in the mean time.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti
12-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Check this out:

jbeletti
12-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Not sure about the 44 OTHERs. Gotta look into that. The chart was straight out of RegOnline where as the registrations by day is from my own chart.

Jim

danemayer
12-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Well I signed up and is ready to go. Now I have 5 1/2 months to talk my wife in going.:confused: She is not wild about the ideal of going to Wyoming.

Gene, tell Song that we're looking forward to having dinner with you both again. Who knows, maybe we'll get our Rushmores near each other.

jimtoo
12-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Gene,,,Promise of a new wardrobe would probably help convince her to travel with you... But even better,,, tell her she would be seeing a lot of her Heartland friends.

Jim M

happykraut
12-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Great chart, Jim. Thanks, I love it. Come on MO Heartlanders, we only need two more to tie with Florida and that would put us in the pie.

TandT
12-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Not sure about the 44 OTHERs. Gotta look into that. The chart was straight out of RegOnline where as the registrations by day is from my own chart.

Jim

Jim, Your a wizard.

Dave, I was trying to count off the list, but I didn't have enough fingers and toes.

Thanks, Trace

jbeletti
12-18-2011, 08:56 PM
I gave this one to Julie to figure out. Turns out, most of the charts available to me on the RegOnline site show the Top 10 of whatever I'm looking at, then lump the rest into OTHER. Oh well, better living through Excel for me :)

Jim

navyAZ1
12-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Well we are registered and can't wait! I was worried we would miss out, I kept waiting for the e-mail notification that registration was open but we never got it (don't know why?). We received the previous e-mail telling us that it was coming. So, image my suprise when I went to the owers forum this morning and saw the Icon for registering showing "Only 51 Spots Left". Yikes, we sure didn't want to miss out on our 5th International Rally! Look forward to meeting new friends and seeing old friends again. We almost missed out on the 2010 rally due to my being slow to register, and after seeing how fast the rally filled up this year also, we sure are glad to have made the cut!

Happy Heartland Attendees,

Ron & Ann:D

djlogan
12-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Any guesses as to whether or not Lippert will be at the Gillette Ralley? Do you think they will offer deals on Level Up system?

Ray LeTourneau
12-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Any guesses as to whether or not Lippert will be at the Gillette Ralley? Do you think they will offer deals on Level Up system?

If I had to "guess", they won't be at the rally but they may offer a "rally special" for attendees with the install being done at the center in Goshen. If they do, it may also have a time window.

codycarver
12-30-2011, 09:09 PM
There is a $3800 special through Jan on the level up. It has to be installed at lippert. I talked with Kelly at Lippert and was informed there are only 6 places in the country doing installs right now but I don't know if the special price is good at any of those.

jnbhobe
12-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Boy I'm glad I got the $2400 install 2yrs ago.

jbeletti
12-30-2011, 11:26 PM
It is unknown if we'll have Lippert at the Gillette rally, but it is my goal to have them there.

If they are there, they will not be doing LevelUp installs. This is not an upgrade to be done in a campground.

Hoping to have them there doing minor repairs. As for rally specials for rally attendees on upgrades purchased from and/or installed at Lippert facilities or Lippert authorized facilities - I have not approached them on this yet. We'll know more in a few months.

Jim

jbeletti
12-30-2011, 11:28 PM
Well we are registered and can't wait! I was worried we would miss out, I kept waiting for the e-mail notification that registration was open but we never got it (don't know why?). We received the previous e-mail telling us that it was coming.

Ron,

Sorry you did not receive the rally invitation email. My guess is that your mail provider quarantined it or nuked it as spam. The pre-notice was sent from heartlandowners.org. The actual invitation was sent from regonline.com. Glad you got in!

Jim

djlogan
12-31-2011, 10:52 AM
I was hoping for an install "coupon" or something that would be good at one of their authorized installers. Do you know the identity of their installer closest to the west coast?

Ray LeTourneau
12-31-2011, 01:44 PM
I was hoping for an install "coupon" or something that would be good at one of their authorized installers. Do you know the identity of their installer closest to the west coast?
Doug, I don't think there has been any offers or coupons available yet. As I mentioned earlier, "If I had to guess".
Jim Beletti will be sure to post any offers from Lippert on this thread along with an e-mail to H.O.C. members and Rally registrants. Be patient. If it's going to happen, you'll hear it from the official source. That being Jim Beletti.

jbeletti
01-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Hi all,

The 2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally to be held in Gillette, WY this June is now open to all Heartland product owners.

Click this link (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/26276-EVENT-North-American-Heartland-Rally-WY-Gillette-6-14-2012-to-6-17-2012?p=195479&viewfull=1#post195479) to be taken to post # 1 in this thread to see more details about this rally and to find the link to register for the rally.

See you in Gillette!

Jim

Manzan
01-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Made our reservations tonight. Sure looking forward to a National Rallly and meeting more good people. 34 spots left when I started the process.

TwoGypsies
01-05-2012, 08:35 AM
We're in; registered this morning. We plan to be somewhere in SD in the days leading up to the Rally. We're looking forward to meeting lots of great people!!

rarnold
01-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Hey Teresa, any chance of circling the central calif wagons together in a small group as they arrive at Gillette? We come in on the 12th.

Rod

Big Al and Donna
01-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Jim, on the agenda I copied it says we are going to tour the Heartland plant. Did last years agenda get mixed up with this years and where can I download this years.

jbeletti
01-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Al,

I am using last year's agenda as a template. It is a work in progress and you will see any Goshen references roll off over time as I work it over.

Jim

Big Al and Donna
01-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Just pulling your chain. We are counting the days.

kakampers
01-28-2012, 09:41 PM
WOW! Just checked the portal page....looks like the Rally is sold out!!!!:D Should be a great time!!

jbeletti
01-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Hi Kathy,

Slight bug in the process. We are likely using the same code we used last year when the initial target was 150. 2012's initial target is 175 and we are at 152 now. So the code things we are sold out but we're not. I'll have Michael Kidd fix that. But hey, we're at 152 rigs and that is awesome. C'mon 175!

Jim

kakampers
01-28-2012, 11:39 PM
Oh! bummer....hopefully we'll get there.

Trailer Trash
03-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Jim,
Are they going to sell Heartland trailer parts at the rally, there are some items I would like to buy and maybe this will save on shipping. Also any chance you might attend 7 Feathers Rally. Canyonville Oregon, ? Looking foreward to Gilette.
Thanks Art and Teresa, Centtral Cal. Chapter Leaders.:cool:

TXBobcat
03-13-2012, 11:58 PM
I was looking over the Rally information and was wondering if this Sat View shows the campground sites as circled in red or are the sites in another location on the grounds. This was from Google Earth.

BC

jbeletti
03-14-2012, 07:20 AM
Bob,

Those sites there are not fully improved. We will be to the right of the track.

Jim

jbeletti
03-14-2012, 07:22 AM
Jim,
Are they going to sell Heartland trailer parts at the rally, there are some items I would like to buy and maybe this will save on shipping. Also any chance you might attend 7 Feathers Rally. Canyonville Oregon, ? Looking foreward to Gilette.
Thanks Art and Teresa, Centtral Cal. Chapter Leaders.:cool:

Hi Art,

Heartland is bringing service parts to service coaches at the rally but there are no plans to bring parts to sell. If you have parts needs, you can contact Service to se if you can buy them and have them brought out to Gillette in the parts trailer.

I "may" be attending the Regional rally. Like to see us have more units there than are signed up right now.

Jim

ziggy
03-14-2012, 09:16 PM
I "may" be attending the Regional rally. Like to see us have more units there than are signed up right now.

Jim

Me too! I don't know if that is all we have signed up or if the list hasn't been updated with people who have emailed John, but we need more people at Canyonville.
Kristy

TXBobcat
03-14-2012, 11:27 PM
About services... I have a recessed light over our chairs on the ODS slide that will not work. I have tried to remove it and install a new one, but can't seem to pull it down far enough to get it out. I do know that some you have to pull them down and depress a spring to release it but I can't seem to get it down to acces the spring. I do have a replacement light.

Can I get on the service list to have this replaced?

Thanks
BC

jbeletti
03-15-2012, 07:12 AM
Bob,

I'd guess that's an item than "can" be done during the rally.

Jim

jandm
03-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Mary Beth & I will be at the Gellette rally both as members & as vendors, we missed Goshen last year due to some health issues, everything is go this year. Looking foreward to seeing old friends & meeting new ones.

Ray LeTourneau
03-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Lin & I have given a lot of thought to our decision and we've made our choice. We're leaving the Bighorn down in Port Richey, FL for the summer. That said, we've canceled our registration for the Gillette Rally:( and will not be doing any RVing this summer. I guess the main reasons are fuel costs and a little bit of getting tired of hauling the rig around. On the plus side, we'll be able to save a lot of money this summer.
The Park in Port Richey has a great 6+6 rate and they were able to put us on a really nice large site. For sure we'll miss all you rally goers but my guess is we'll be in Goshen for sure in 2013.

TandT
03-23-2012, 05:42 PM
The "spots available" on the front page is going the wrong way. :-(

I'll go to Gillette. It's half as far as Goshen (still 1100 miles), for left coasters.

DougAndJudy
03-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Lin & I have given a lot of thought to our decision and we've made our choice. We're leaving the Bighorn down in Port Richey, FL for the summer. That said, we've canceled our registration for the Gillette Rally:( and will not be doing any RVing this summer. I guess the main reasons are fuel costs and a little bit of getting tired of hauling the rig around. On the plus side, we'll be able to save a lot of money this summer.
The Park in Port Richey has a great 6+6 rate and they were able to put us on a really nice large site. For sure we'll miss all you rally goers but my guess is we'll be in Goshen for sure in 2013.

Ray and Lin -

Sorry to see that you're not going to Gillette. We were looking forward to catching up with you there. Congrats on finding a great site for the winter!

jayc
03-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Ray and Lin, we're sorry that we won't see you in Gillette but certainly understand about the rising fuel prices. We'll miss you guys!

I see the openings for sites is increasing too. Sad.....

TXBobcat
03-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Ray.. We will miss you also. If you really want to go to Gillette all you have to do is cut out a few unneeded item, like food, Meds, and such.. Just keep the clothes. Find a semi and draft as many as you can to get better fuel mileage... Sure you can't make it?.. Beer and milk is more expensive than diesel fuel...

We will miss you.

BC

TandT
03-28-2012, 09:11 PM
A public service announcement (AKA, My two cents worth)

If you get 10 mpg towing and fuel is 4.00 per gal., as it was a few months ago, it would cost $800 for a 2000 mile trip.

At the current price of around 5.00 per gal the same trip would cost $1000 in fuel. A difference of $200. Not really that much more, in the bigger scheme of things, for a once per year get-together with friends. JMHO Trace

(Numbers are somewhat inflated)

Hastey
03-28-2012, 09:20 PM

If you get 10 mpg towing and fuel is 4.00 per gal., as it was a few months ago, it would cost $800 for a 2000 mile trip.

At the current price of around 5.00 per gal the same trip would cost $1000 in fuel. A difference of $200. Not really that much more, in the bigger scheme of things. Trace

You know Trace, it's not so much the cost, it's the principal of the whole thing. Fuel cost should be no where near this high.

TandT
03-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Fuel cost should be no where near this high.

Rex, I completely agree. Trace

Ray LeTourneau
03-28-2012, 10:08 PM

At the current price of around 5.00 per gal the same trip would cost $1000 in fuel. A difference of $200. Not really that much more, in the bigger scheme of things, for a once per year get-together with friends. JMHO Trace

(Numbers are somewhat inflated)
For us it's really more than just the price of fuel. We have other Family priorities and a few unknowns coming up this summer and we just need to be close to home. And yes, fuel for all of our scheduled outings would have been hard on the cash flow.:(
Next year we plan on being back to normal.:p Whatever that might be...

TXBobcat
03-28-2012, 10:27 PM
As we are fulltime and we are getting older we have no plans on stop traveling. Fuel prices are high and so are a lot of others, but this is our time to enjoy life. When we get so old we can't travel or our health gets bad enough we can't travel then we will find a place to sit on the pourch and watch the grandkids grow older. There are a lot of things we can cut down on or eliminate before we have to park it. So I guess you guys are just stuck with us. LOL..

I do understand that others do have a problem with family or finances and we hope they can work them out and hit the road with us.

We will see you soon... One way or the other..

BC

TandT
03-29-2012, 12:04 AM
For us it's really more than just the price of fuel. We have other Family priorities and a few unknowns coming up this summer and we just need to be close to home. And yes, fuel for all of our scheduled outings would have been hard on the cash flow.:(
Next year we plan on being back to normal.:p Whatever that might be...

Ray,
No offense intended. I was really just generalizing, because quite a few folks had sighted that as a reason for not going. :) Trace

Ray LeTourneau
03-29-2012, 07:07 AM
Ray,
No offense intended. I was really just generalizing, because quite a few folks had sighted that as a reason for not going. :) Trace

None taken Trace. Sadly though, I noticed a few more sites have opened up. I hope we didn't start a trend.:(

DougAndJudy
03-29-2012, 09:46 AM
None taken Trace. Sadly though, I noticed a few more sites have opened up. I hope we didn't start a trend.:(

Yeah, Ray, we're moving the Rally to your house!!

Ray LeTourneau
03-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Yeah, Ray, we're moving the Rally to your house!!
Cool! I can make room for maybe 8 rigs??? Might run a bit short on power but we got city water.:cool:

TandT
04-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Good news, "spots left" is moving back in the right direction again. Get 'em while their hot. Trace

tommckee
04-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Due to unseen circumstances we must cancell the Gillete rally. Cannot seem to find and e-mail or thread to do so, can someone please furnish the correct contact.
Thanks, Tom

jbeletti
04-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Due to unseen circumstances we must cancell the Gillete rally. Cannot seem to find and e-mail or thread to do so, can someone please furnish the correct contact.
Thanks, Tom

Tom,

Your emails were received. Julie will contact you to help process the cancellation and refund. Sorry you won't be able to join us this year. See you next time.

Jim

TandT
04-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Jim, I may have missed it, but is Lippert offering any rally specials, as they did last year? Thanks, Trace

2markeys
04-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Jim, when do you anticipate the release of the itinerary?

jbeletti
04-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Jim, when do you anticipate the release of the itinerary?

Soon! I am working with Corporate to approve and my speaker list and help me obtain those speakers for seminars. When that is complete, I feel it will be time to publish a near final agenda.

Jim

jbeletti
04-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Jim, I may have missed it, but is Lippert offering any rally specials, as they did last year? Thanks, Trace

Trace,

Yes! This was nailed down early this week. I am just waiting for the flier from Lippert. They expect to be able to get that to me in another week or two.

I can say that there will be special pricing on quite a few items from Lippert. Unlike past years though, the pricing on aftermarket LevelUp won't be as generous. The reason being that Lippert now has several approved dealers and service centers for LevelUp sales and installation. With a 3rd party retail operation, they need to preserve those retailers.

The silver lining in this is that LevelUp can now be done without having to go to Indiana to get it done. I believe they will also be offering promotions on the Reico-Titan Ground Control (electric) leveling system.

Jim

TandT
04-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Jim, That's good news. Thanks. Trace

jbeletti
04-18-2012, 10:00 AM
The following email was sent out last night to 6 rally attendees who are arriving on the first day of the rally. I reprint this email here in case anyone misses it via email.

2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally

This note is being sent to 6 rally attendees who are arriving on June 14.

Hi rally attendee's first name,

The 2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally in Gillette, WY will have a Heartland Marketplace element to it. The Heartland Marketplace is comprised of a collection of companies selected by me to be allowed to vend RV and related products/services from small booth spaces in our rally hall during the rally and possibly outside in the rally hall parking lot. The Marketplace was planned to be open Thursday and Friday.

The rally will also have 2 full-days of seminars and presentations, Thursday and Friday, from 8am to 4pm. I mention this so you are aware up-front, that seminars will be in-progress on your day of arrival. As such, you will miss out on some rally content.

A month or so ago, as I was analyzing the arrival dates for rally attendees, I found that a very large majority of rally attendees are arriving between June 7 and June 12. As such, I decided to add an additional day (Wednesday, June 13) to the Heartland Marketplace to give early arriving rally attendees yet another thing to consider doing on a pre-rally day.

So, this additional day of vending is not an official rally day, rather, it's an added pre-rally item. I mention this to you so that you are not surprised upon your arrival to find people already in the rally hall going through the Marketplace. Take no pressure from this as you'll have Thursday and Friday to visit the Marketplace.

It's quite understandable for those of us who are still in the workforce, that we simply don't have unlimited days off to arrive at this rally earlier than already planned. If however, you have additional flexibility and you'd like to add one or more additional nights stay to the front of your rally stay:
1. You can edit your registration by following the link below, or
2. You may contact Club Manager, Julie Hancock at club@heartlandowners.org and tell her your new day of arrival or
3. You may reply to me via this email with your new day of arrival and I will pass it to Julie to alter your registration

Note that each additional night's camping is $25. We will bill the same credit card you used for your initial registration. If that credit card is no longer valid or if you wish to use a different one, kindly work with Julie and she will work with you on it.

Look for a significant agenda update to be emailed to you very soon and no matter your arrival date is, we're looking forward to having a great time with you in Gillette.

Link to your registration: View details (http://www.regonline.com/register/login.aspx?eventID=1034473&MethodId=0&EventsessionId=)

Jim Beletti

jbeletti
04-18-2012, 10:03 AM
The following email was sent out last night to 27 rally attendees who are arriving the day before the rally begins. I reprint this email here in case anyone misses it via email.

2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally

This note is being sent to 27 rally attendees who are arriving on June 13.

Hi rally attendee's first name,

The 2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally in Gillette, WY will have a Heartland Marketplace element to it. The Heartland Marketplace is comprised of a collection of companies selected by me to be allowed to vend RV and related products/services from small booth spaces in our rally hall during the rally and possibly outside in the rally hall parking lot.

A month or so ago, as I was analyzing the arrival dates for rally attendees, I found that a very large majority of rally attendees are arriving between June 7 and June 12. As such, I decided to add an additional day (Wednesday, June 13) to the Heartland Marketplace to give early arriving rally attendees yet another thing to consider doing on a pre-rally day.

So, this additional day of vending is not an official rally day, rather, it's an added pre-rally item. I mention this to you so that you are not surprised upon your arrival to find people already in the rally hall going through the Marketplace.

Take no pressure from this as you'll have Thursday and Friday to visit the Marketplace. On the other-hand, if you'd like to add one or more additional nights stay to the front of your rally stay:
1. You can edit your registration by following the link below, or
2. You may contact Club Manager, Julie Hancock at club@heartlandowners.org and tell her your new day of arrival or
3. You may reply to me via this email with your new day of arrival and I will pass it to Julie to alter your registration

Note that each additional night's camping is $25. We will bill the same credit card you used for your initial registration. If that credit card is no longer valid or if you wish to use a different one, kindly work with Julie and she will work with you on it.

Look for a significant agenda update to be emailed to you very soon and no matter your arrival date is, we're looking forward to having a great time with you in Gillette.

Link to your registration: View details (http://www.regonline.com/register/login.aspx?eventID=1034473&MethodId=0&EventsessionId=)

Jim Beletti

wdk450
05-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Jim B:
After all of the travelling to get to Gillette, my rig is going to need a detailing going over. Will there be a mobile detailing service availible, and can we get a discount???

TandT
05-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Jim B:
After all of the travelling to get to Gillette, my rig is going to need a detailing going over. Will there be a mobile detailing service availible, and can we get a discount???

If there is no service at the rally, I plan on running through a Blue Beacon Truck Wash for a quick, soap only wash.

Here's a link to their locations. http://www.bluebeacon.com/LocationInformation/LocationList/default.aspx

Trace

jayc
05-03-2012, 12:43 PM
I like the work done at the Blue Beacons but I add the Rain-X rinse. I met a guy that owned truck washes and he highly recommended Rain-X but not the other brands out there. He said that they will turn yellow over time.

TandT
05-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Jay, I like Rain X products, but I have Rejex on my rig, so I don't know if I should add another product.

Guess I'll call them and find out. Trace

TomSt
05-03-2012, 06:59 PM
New to using truck stop washes. Always was told to avoid them due to high pressure causing leaks and blowing windows out??? anyone had these problems or just old wives tales?? After 2000 miles the rig will sure need it.

tom

TandT
05-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Tom, I just ask them not to spray directly into the slide seals or windows. Most of them are pretty good about it.

One thing I do tell them is "no chemicals". I say I want a "soap only" wash.
You have to be careful on that part. I've had them start to spray my truck as I am driving in. I wave my hand and say "soap only". Trace

jayc
05-03-2012, 07:11 PM
I always tell them low pressure, soap only and the Rain-X rinse. Comes out sparkling. HERE (http://www.bluebeacon.com/LocationInformation/LocationList/default.aspx) is a location list for Blue Beacons.

wdk450
05-03-2012, 07:20 PM
The truck wash I have used in North Sacramento has an automated sprayer tower. So far I have only had my dually truck done there.
I get a wash from my storage facility every time I come back, but there is a lot of tar and old stuff under the overhang that they did not get off, hence the need for a detailer.
Jim B, I hope you are still listening.

TomSt
05-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Thanks, sounds like a definite plan. My TV has never been through a "brush" carwash only the true touchless ones for a quick preclean.

tom

jbeletti
05-03-2012, 09:09 PM
No RV washing or detailing contractor planned for this rally. Have never done it for these rallies. I will find out if we can wash our own rigs on our sites.

Jim

codycarver
05-03-2012, 09:31 PM
The truck wash I have used in North Sacramento has an automated sprayer tower. So far I have only had my dually truck done there.
I get a wash from my storage facility every time I come back, but there is a lot of tar and old stuff under the overhang that they did not get off, hence the need for a detailer.
Jim B, I hope you are still listening.

Bill, If you don't have any luck let me know and I'll see what I can set up for you in Cody.

TandT
05-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Since I'm not getting any rally E-mails, has anyone heard anything more about the Lippert promotions?

I know Jim's probably up to his kiester in alligators about now, putting this whole thing together. Trace

jbeletti
05-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Roger on the alligators Trace :)

Yes, the Lippert promos are ready. I've been waiting on the Mor/ryde and Dexter promos as I wanted to send them all out at the same time. Well, I may just send the Lippert one out in the next few days.

Just to manage people's expectations, I will say that the pricing on some items is not as nice as it's been in the past. The reason is that now, Lippert has a growing dealer base to protect. Anyone in business knows that as a manufacturer, you cannot sell product direct at killer prices and keep a happy dealer/rep base. So the pricing is less than the average Joe can get but it may not blow you away.

Also, Lippert will not be selling/installing products at the rally. They have never done that. The deals will be on products shipped to you or installed at a Lippert location. Some items can only be installed in Goshen, IN, so much of that won't be of any value to those in the west. Still, there's a fair amount of product that's self-installable or installable at a Lippert location that may be closer to you than Indiana.

This all said, Lippert did buy Reico Titan and some of their product "may" be purchasable through the RV dealer (Stalkups) that will be at the rally. Details still being worked out on that by Mobile Outfitters, who will also be at the rally representing Lippert and Lippert products.

Mor/ryde will likely offer to install pinboxes at the rally, so that's nice if you want a Mor/ryde pin box.

Dexter may be selling some upgrades (wet bolts for example) at the rally but I don't think they will be installing them.

Hockster
05-07-2012, 06:28 AM
Jim, I have a question.
On the Rally page you have a Click Me to see who is attending.
Which to me does not give much information.
Now follow me on this. On page #9, post #72 you have listed a "Click here " When you do that, it takes you to another page and if scroll down to page #1 and it says Gillette, WY Rally, Attendee Directory.
This directory has everything posted, golf carts included.
This is much better than the other one, so why not just post this one at the start.
My Michigan Chapter leader sent me an email wondering how I knew the names of the people from Michigan who are attending, and the reason is from this other list.

Thanks

Hockster

jbeletti
05-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Hockster,

The link on the Portal page was placed there and linked to a report before there were any registrations. Later on, I created a nicer report and put in the rally forum. This is why 2 reports exist.

FIXED :)

Thanks,

Jim

Hockster
05-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Jim, thanks for the FYI.

Also I thought we might have a Michigan Chapter sited together, but don't know what's going on there.
Chuck has sent me a couple of emails on the subject.

Hockster

================================================== ================================================== ===================================

TXBobcat
05-07-2012, 09:14 AM
JB.. I know that Heartland uses Lippert Levelup System and you are asking a number of manufactures to participate in our rally. Some of us have Bigfoot Quadra Manufacturing leveling system and it would be interesting to see if they would display some of their product at the rally. Have you thought of asking them to participate?

Thanks
BC

navyAZ1
05-08-2012, 05:50 PM
HELP!!!! Miss Ann and I are attempting to "re-register" for the Rally, but I can't seem to be able to do this on the registration online page. We were registered and then canceled but now have figured out we can attend. When I attempt to register a page comes up showing all that we filled out originally and the "status" shows canceled, and I can't seem to figure out how to re-register. HELP US PLEASE, we want to attend. Would it work if I were to use a different e-mail address?

Ron

cookie
05-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Ron, watch for a PM.

Peace
Dave

wdk450
05-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Ron (and ALL):
You know there is a direct e-mail address AND TELEPHONE NUMBER for the Heartland Owner's Group on the left side of the Portal page (3rd item down).

Judy Bentley
05-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Jim, Ron and I are going to be able to make it to the 2012 rally after all! Our record of attending every international rally will remain intact for one more year! Give Ron and Ann Parrish credit for helping us change our minds. We had a change in plans and are camp hosting in Montana instead of going to Alaska. Ron and Ann have decided to attend as an anniversary gift to each other. Let the celebration begin! See you in Gillette, Judy Bentley and Ron Pagel

Hockster
05-09-2012, 02:31 PM
To Jim B. and Julie H.
As of 3:20 PM today, I've had to cancel my rally trip.
My wife has been having trouble with her knee and we finally got into the doctor yesterday, and he says surgery.
Later this month she has surgery, and 4 weeks of PT.
We hope all is well after that.
We hope everyone has a great time in Wyoming.
We will be at the Michigan Rally in August at Hidden Ridge, and are looking forward to the National in Goshen in 2013.

Hockster

================================================== ================================================== ================================

mrcomer
05-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Jim, Ron and I are going to be able to make it to the 2012 rally after all! Our record of attending every international rally will remain intact for one more year! Give Ron and Ann Parrish credit for helping us change our minds. We had a change in plans and are camp hosting in Montana instead of going to Alaska. Ron and Ann have decided to attend as an anniversary gift to each other. Let the celebration begin! See you in Gillette, Judy Bentley and Ron Pagel

Judy, I am so jealous. Linda and I won't be able to make it and it will be the first National Rally we will have missed. Glad you and Ron can make it though. Have fun.

Mark

shovelguy
05-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Unfortunately Dean and I are going to have to bow out of the 2012 Gillette Rally. We are both very bummed out about this decision but we really have no choice. My brother has acute leukemia and is in need of a bone marrow transplant, it is his only remaining chance at life. I have been determined a donor and so we are going to be heading for Seattle so that I can do this. Please pray for my brother, Ric Packard, that this transplant will be successful. Hope to see everyone next year in Goshen. d&j

ziggy
05-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Unfortunately Dean and I are going to have to bow out of the 2012 Gillette Rally. We are both very bummed out about this decision but we really have no choice. My brother has acute leukemia and is in need of a bone marrow transplant, it is his only remaining chance at life. I have been determined a donor and so we are going to be heading for Seattle so that I can do this. Please pray for my brother, Ric Packard, that this transplant will be successful. Hope to see everyone next year in Goshen. d&j

Sorry to hear this. We were looking forward to seeing you again. Our thoughts are with you and your brother.
Kristy

jbeletti
05-09-2012, 09:10 PM
We'll miss you Dean and Jodi but Jodi, you are doing the right thing. Family comes first and you are making a real sacrifice for a loved one.

ronbarbbv
05-13-2012, 10:42 PM
It was nice to meet you during your trip through Arkansas and your visit with our son Jeff and family. We just joined the Heartland Owners Club and are considering making the Gillette rally. Sorry you will miss it, and our prayers are with you and your brother. Ron & Barb

jbeletti
05-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Hey Bill,

Check out this RV Washing Service thread (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/31012) for Gillette

jbeletti
05-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Rally specials from Lippert, Dexter and More/ryde have been posted in this thread:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/31027

These fliers will be in each rally bag too.

TXBobcat
05-18-2012, 06:13 PM
When we arrive at Cam-Plex where do we pull in to when we arrive. That is a large complex. I am sure there are a number of sineage but I like to know ahead of time.

Here is a Sat Image clip of the complex.

Anyone have prior knowledge?

BC

jbeletti
05-18-2012, 08:34 PM
When we arrive at Cam-Plex where do we pull in to when we arrive. That is a large complex. I am sure there are a number of sineage but I like to know ahead of time....Anyone have prior knowledge?

BC

I know Bob :)

In a coming weekly rally update email, I will include a link to a map showing the route attendees must follow into the Cam-Plex campus for check-in, weighing is selected and then onto parking in the CG.

Jim

wdk450
05-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Hey Bill,

Check out this RV Washing Service thread (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/31012) for Gillette

Jim:
Thanks for listening to our concerns. I pull out for Yellowstone and Gillette next Wednesday (If I can catch the cat - another story!)

jbeletti
05-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Here's the front of the rally shirts:

Here's the back of the rally shirts:

Here's the rally "check-in" decal that will be placed on the front cap by the check-in team:

TravelTiger
05-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Nice shirts, Jim!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXBobcat
05-19-2012, 10:28 PM
JB, Love the shirts.. I grew up in Wyoming and have always love colors and the Bucking Bronco. Always identify a Wyoming Auto just by looking at the license plate.

I do have one question. Are we going to have a problem with using the logo? I was talking to Kenny at Rayford and he told about a University (Collage or something) had to make changes to their logo which was like the Wyoming Logo..

Just curious... But I love the shirts. Can we buy an extra ones?

BC

TXBobcat
05-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Another question.. The Decal being placed on the front Cap. Will it be easy to remove? I normally don't attach stickeys to my truck or trailer. I don't like it when the dealers put their company logo sticker on my trailer.

I am just inquiring. Not a big objection at this time.

BC

jbeletti
05-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Bob,

These are the high dollar shirts bud! Seriously, I licensed the trademarked logo from the state/university. Using it added about $.50 to the price of each shirt - but definitely worth it!

If we have extra shirts after everyone has gotten theirs - after people have exchanged for better fitment - sure, let's sell the extras. They'll be $10 and will be at the Club products table.

Jim

TXBobcat
05-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Thanks JB. I think I can afford a couple extra. I want first dibs..... :cool:

BTW.. Just incase any one is interested the Horse is about a real horse that is in the Hall of Fame as well as the owner. Horse was called Steamboat and the owner was Charlie Irwin. You can read about them at this Wyoming (http://www.cheyenne.org/articles/index.cfm?action=view&articleID=3&sectionID=2&filter=1&menuID=39) website.

I also like the Wyoming State Flag with the Bison on it.

but there is only one flag.... TEXAS...

BC

jbeletti
05-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the history and link on the horse Bob.

No dibs - sorry. They will be at the HOC goodies table. Get in line and get you some!

codycarver
05-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Thanks JB. I think I can afford a couple extra. I want first dibs..... :cool:

BTW.. Just incase any one is interested the Horse is about a real horse that is in the Hall of Fame as well as the owner. Horse was called Steamboat and the owner was Charlie Irwin. You can read about them at this Wyoming (http://www.cheyenne.org/articles/index.cfm?action=view&articleID=3&sectionID=2&filter=1&menuID=39) website.

I also like the Wyoming State Flag with the Bison on it.

but there is only one flag.... TEXAS...

BC

WHAT!! you sold your Wyoming heritage to a whole nother country?:confused::rolleyes:

jbeletti
05-20-2012, 08:18 AM
Hi Rally Attendees,

Nearly everyone will already be in by Wednesday. So much so, that we're opening the Heartland Marketplace (link to agenda (//heartlandowners.org/rally/2012/2012_agenda.pdf)) a day early (on Wednesday) for those who want to take a run through what the vendors are offering, ahead of the official rally kickoff - Thursday.

That said - what to do for dinner Wednesday night - since's it's a pre-rally day?

I'd like to encourage you to use this day to get together with other Heartlanders, in your group, camped near you or otherwise to:

Have an impromptu mini-potluck dinner at one of your RVs. Hey, you'll have a 36' wide site :)
Take a group out to one of the local restaurants
Have a gathering of members of your chapter over for hotdogs

Whatever you do - have fun!

jctmeyer
05-23-2012, 08:21 AM
I have been looking at the Cam-Plex layout and they have a number of RV parks. Which one will we be staying at? Also what hookups and where are they located in relationship to the RV?

Thanks

John Meyer

jbeletti
05-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Hi John,

We will be in the Boxelder campground. All sites will be 50/30 amp power, water and sewer or FHU (full hookups). All hookups are "in the back". You must bring enough water/sewer hose and power cord to reach behind your RV.

jctmeyer
05-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Water will not be a problem since the water hookup is in the rear of the North Trail 26RKS. The sewer hose might be a concern since there are two hookups on the left side. I can always use the hose from the kitchen gray water as an extension which should give me around 40' of hose. I will purchase an 25' extension cord for the power. Never hurts to have one. Thanks for the info.

John

jbeletti
05-24-2012, 09:11 AM
... I will purchase an 25' extension cord for the power. Never hurts to have one...

I agree - I kept a 25 foot 30 amp extension from my travel trailer and carry it with me in the 5th wheel. I use it a couple times a year with a 50 to 30 amp dogbone adapter. Can only run 1 air conditioner on 30 amp power (usually) but it beats no power at all :)

Jim

cordystoy
05-30-2012, 05:09 PM
All the spaces seem to back straight in did we get the set up where we have an extra space between us? I'm new to this and have only used pull-thrus in my vast 3 months of experience. Also since it appears to be a rodeo ground does my dog have to herd cattle? Waiting on my new membership number to sign up.

Thanks Joe

TXBobcat
05-30-2012, 05:34 PM
JoeJust to let you know, when you arrive and start to back in we will be standing just a couple of sites down and will film your arrival. Then we will show your score. Later we will upload the video on the internet so you will become famous. JimB..I have a 25ft 50amp extension but you can only look at it. Almost got it for free. If I remember it cost $30..... See ya there... BTW we are in the best RV Park... Sidney NE... Tell ya later when I can take some photos...BC

TandT
05-30-2012, 11:50 PM
All the spaces seem to back straight in did we get the set up where we have an extra space between us? I'm new to this and have only used pull-thrus in my vast 3 months of experience. Also since it appears to be a rodeo ground does my dog have to herd cattle? Waiting on my new membership number to sign up.

Thanks Joe

Joe,
I'm sure you'll have plenty of help, from the peanut gallery. Trace

wdk450
05-31-2012, 09:07 AM
I agree - I kept a 25 foot 30 amp extension from my travel trailer and carry it with me in the 5th wheel. I use it a couple times a year with a 50 to 30 amp dogbone adapter. Can only run 1 air conditioner on 30 amp power (usually) but it beats no power at all :)

Jim

Most WalMarts have these in their RV section in Auto Parts.

jbeletti
05-31-2012, 05:46 PM

Thanks Joe

Joe has joined the rally! Great chatting with you by phone today Joe. There will be plenty of folks there to assist you in backing in. Just make sure the person who escorts you to your site knows you want some assistance. The escort should then grab some guys nearby. And their lawn chairs, beers, scorecards etc. :) Just kidding!

olcoon
06-03-2012, 03:21 PM
I don't recall seeing anything about it, and couldn't find mention of it anywhere. Does Camplex have picnic tables at the campsites, and do they have campfire rings or allow campfires?

kakampers
06-03-2012, 03:33 PM
No..fairgrounds do not supply picnic tables...as for fires not positive, but I doubt ground fires are allowed. Fires in a can should be OK...

jbeletti
06-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Yes Bob, light adhesive and supposed to remove easily. You may remove it on Sunday. We're you at Goshen 2011? If so, same decal.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?abygoc

olcoon
06-03-2012, 06:25 PM
No..fairgrounds do not supply picnic tables...as for fires not positive, but I doubt ground fires are allowed. Fires in a can should be OK...

Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking, but thought I'd ask to make sure!

jbeletti
06-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Hey Roy - great questions :)

Q. Camp Fires - are they allowed?
A. No they are not. The County does not allow it.

Q. Picnic Tables - will we have them at our camp sites?
A. No, we will not. Sorry about that :(

jbeletti
06-07-2012, 07:36 AM
We arrived at the Cam-Plex here in Gillette yesterday afternoon. Got weighed by the RVSEF team of Howard and Linda Payne (RV-Dreams). Got setup in our site (D16). Eleven of us (volunteers and Howard/Linda) went to dinner at Pokey's BBQ. Great BBQ!

Stalkups RV dropped off a Heartland Trailrunner travel trailer for the check-in team to use. They left it in an odd spot, so Kevin, Dave T, Bob N and I went and moved it.

Kevin and Nelly helped me get a bit of rally paperwork done.

Today (Thu), Al Larson will start adding signs to Golf Carts.

Oh, and this morning at 9, Dave T (codycarver) is making waffles. The rest of us are bringing other items and we'll have the first impromptu, non-rally potluck breakfast!

So - the pre-rally is in full swing!

BBQ at Pokey's

mnkamper
06-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Awesome! See you on Sunday.... looking forward to joining in on some pre-rally fun then!

jayc
06-07-2012, 08:04 AM
We should be leaving Custer SD in a couple of hours, so we'll see you soon!

cookie
06-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Breakfast at 9....rats, won't be there till about 10. Leftovers???

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

back2nature
06-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Great. Looking forward to seeing all your hard work when we arrive. Just pulled out of our driveway fifteen minutes ago. We'll hit Zion National Park first for a couple of days, then arrive at Gillette on Tuesday. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my Android phone using Tapatalk.

TandT
06-07-2012, 12:22 PM
We are leaving Rawlins heading to Casper after hooking up with Floyd and Carol Philbrook,Art and Teresa Mitchell and John and Lori Dawson. We will probably arrive in Gillette tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. Happy Trails! Teri(Traces DW)

jbeletti
06-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Had a fun and productive pre-rally day yesterday. Potluck breakfast, lots of pre-rally work, impromptu dinner gathering outside Kevin and Nelly's with 25+ people, check-ins, weighings, washings etc.

Today is shaping up well too. We're having a 9am breakfast at Kevin and Nelly's site this morning. Then some pre-rally work. I think through last night, we had 18 rigs here. Having a great pre-rally time.

jayc
06-08-2012, 08:11 AM
This pre-rally stuff is the BEST!!

TwoGypsies
06-08-2012, 08:40 AM
We're booked to arrive on Saturday but looks like we'll be coming in today. We left Houston without a plan, which was fun. We're hoping to catch the demo derby tonight. Our kids were active participants over the years and we have a daughter in law who won a derby once. We have 2 Texan grandkids with us who have never seen one.
We'll be headed through the Badlands and will make a prairie dog & ice cream stop on our way.

boatto5er
06-08-2012, 08:52 AM
I am SOOOO jealous of all of you. Have a great time!

mrcomer
06-08-2012, 10:48 AM

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

zurn
06-08-2012, 01:24 PM
hey guys-met you in texas remember beaches? have fun in Wyo-we lived there for eight very interesting years! Are you going to be in Texas for the winter?-John and carol

cookie
06-08-2012, 02:54 PM
We will be in Texas again this year.

Peace
Dave

kakampers
06-08-2012, 03:13 PM

Me too!!! This working for a living really sucks....see everybody on Monday! Save some food for us...LOL!!

Herbiesrig
06-08-2012, 04:52 PM
John and Carol, yes we will be in Texas also, and we are going to have a good time again this coming winter... Gotta have a RED SOLO CUP Party............. Wish you were here in WY with us... Take Care...

karen, dan and herbie

happykraut
06-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Pulled into Custer, SD this morning. We are camped at the Broken Arrow Campground. It is under new ownership and the owners couldn't be more friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this campground to any one. See you in Gillette on the 11th. Bernie.

jbeletti
06-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Another great pre-rally day yesterday. I think we had 4 or 5 rigs come in. We're now at 23 rigs!

Breakfast was great with Nelly's muffins. I made bacon, someone brought fruit, Stella C brought some awesome apple dumplings. I think we had 25 to 30 for breakfast. Good times!

9 of us went to a local Italian restaurant for pizza. Yumo - especially if you like garlic. And their pasta looked amazing. May have to go back. Reasonably priced too - Adriano's Italian between Walmart and Albertsons.

I fully planned on going to the Demolition Derby but saw the size of the crowed and punked out. About a dozen attendees did go though. Kevin and I did a Tango video chat with our phones. He shared video of the demo derby with us and we shared with Kevin, video of the group socializing in lawn chairs behind our RV.

Wow was it windy last night or what. Was woken up about 3am by it. Nice and calm this morning (Sat) though. Going to be 76 degrees today with a 30% chance of rain. While we hit 93 yesterday, the wind helped keep us from sweltering too much.

Heading back to Kevin and Nelly's this morning at 9 for muffins, bacon and who knows what others will bring! Life is good :)

Ray LeTourneau
06-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Does anyone have an Icon of a guy kicking himself in the *****?:( Oh well, at least I was able to afford new injectors for BART.:) Still, I wish I were there.

jbeletti
06-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Miss you and Lin, Ray. And your awesome breakfasts! You're trying something different this year and that's okay. We try things, some work, some not so much, we learn, we move on. We'll see you at the WI rally.

olcoon
06-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Last night the wind was blowing so much, I thought I was still in the Navy on board ship!!!!

kakampers
06-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Night before last, here in Colorado, we had to pull all the slides in, the wind from the passing storm was intense. South of us, on the SE side of Denver, they had a tornado touch down and about and inch and a half of hail...really glad it didn't come here!! Really looking forward to cooler weather in Gillette.

wdk450
06-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Friday we had steady strong winds here at CamPlex. Saturday, we had winds during the day, and thunderstorms with lightning, wind, rain and pea sized hail. Wind again this morning.
And oh, we have some sort of large moths that get inside and are resistant to Raid spray. I finally sucked them up in the vaccuum cleaner.

kakampers
06-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Weird! we'll bring some Colorado moths with us...we are having the EXACT same issue here...what the heck is in these storms??? LOL

cookie
06-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Millers....they're everywhere.

Peace
Dave

TandT
06-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Millers....they're everywhere.

Peace
Dave

We've killed about ten inside the rig in two days. There were about ten more under a bike bag that was on the ground in front of the BH.
I think they're lawn armyworm moths. Trace

cookie
06-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Millers.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti
06-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Time for a pre-rally update. Sorry, I failed to post about yesterday's events. We had a few arrivals - not many. The Heartland Show Trailer arrived with parts for the service repairs along with a small advance team.

We had a largely attended potluck dinner. Probably the windiest any of us have had. But it was great. Thank you to Al and Donna Larson for providing the hamburgers and corn on the cob. We had tons of great side dishes too.

Today (Sunday) was a big arrivals day. Around 23 arrivals I believe. As of now, we're at 52 rigs checked in. Not bad for Sunday - 4 days before the official rally start date.

I saw a lot of small gatherings by attendee RVs today and tonight. It was great seeing people getting out there and meeting each other and giving hand shakes and hugs to their friends.

The Larsons, Nichols and Padavanos had a Happy Hour behind our RV, between theirs tonight. Great time. Then a bunch of them decided to go to Apple Bees for dinner. We went along. I think 14 of us went out.

The Service Team's chartered bus arrived today. Jim Fenner came out, found his golf cart and took in the lay of the land here at the campground. A few of the attendees that know Jim, um, decorated his golf cart today. Looked like it was a mardi Gras float :) Not sure what Jim thought of that as he was inside an attendee's coach when I went by his cart.

Looking forward to tomorrow. A number of attendees will be arriving again. Service starts. We meet with our caterer to do a walk through. And a good number of us are going to Perkin's at 9am for breakfast. If you're at the rally now and missed my Perkins thread, feel free to join us at Perkins at 9am. Go west on Boxelder to 59, then left (south). Not far down on your left, before Walmart).

Doubleringer
06-10-2012, 10:45 PM
NOT LIKING THIS WIND! Been a great trip out here untill someone pushed the Wind button.

jbeletti
06-10-2012, 11:39 PM
NOT LIKING THIS WIND! Been a great trip out here untill someone pushed the Wind button.

Agreed - the wind is nuts.

TandT
06-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Millers.

Peace
Dave

Okay, "big" Millers. :) Trace

Herbiesrig
06-11-2012, 07:51 AM
The temps are suppose to be in the 70's & 80's the whole week with sun... Just hope that the wind dies down

katkens
06-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Okay, "big" Millers. :) Trace

LOL.....I think maybe your both right on those critters...........http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/insect/05597.html

kakampers
06-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Don't care what their name is....wish they would go away...LOL!

TandT
06-11-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm trying to figure out how they are getting in. Trace

kakampers
06-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Me too!! Driving me nuts...that's a short trip...;)

Doubleringer
06-11-2012, 11:18 AM
After Gillette Rally going to Yellowstone NP, Fishing Bridge CG. What is best route for pulling 5th wheel?

wdk450
06-11-2012, 02:20 PM
I had occasion to talk to some locals about the moths (while taking my truck in for transmission overhaul). They said:
1.They are a bi-annual seasonal event here. We just happen to be here at the right time.
2. They can squeeze through small cracks as thin as a credit card.
3. Put a pie plate with water and dish detergent under a light all night to attract and drown them. The light on my computer desk should do. Otherwise I have been using my stick vacuum cleaner to suck them up.

Are there any group evening meal plans tonight??? (not including moth entrees)

wdk450
06-11-2012, 05:16 PM
To All Gillette Rally Attendees:

I was thinking the weather would be windy again, precluding outdoor group events tonight. Well, the wind has died down, but there seem to be no group events tonight. Therefore I am proposing a SMALL group movie night IN MY BIGHORN LIVING ROOM. I counted seating for 10 so far in my living room area. There is more floorspace for more seats. Maybe we can settle the age old question of "How many people can you fit in a Bighorn?"

The movie: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, starring the Bee Gees, George Burns and Steve Martin, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Billy Preston, and Earth,Wind & Fire.

The movie is centered around the mythical small town of HEARTLAND. Consumption of adult beverages and singing of all the Beatles tunes is encouraged. Microwave popcorn will be on hand.

Showtime: 7 P.M.

Place: Space D-80

916-288-8043 Cell

jbeletti
06-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the tip on the moths.

No group meal outings that I am aware of. So, meet your neighbors and make some plans :)

jbeletti
06-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Big pre-rally day here in Gillette today.

Twenty of us went out for breakfast this morning. Fun time!

Then the service team got started working on coaches. I spoke to a lot of people and got great reports on the service team.

Several of the show coaches from Stalkups RV showed up today. The rest will show up tomorrow and get all setup for us to go into by Wednesday morning.

We met with our caterer this morning and did a run through of our catering events. Great people.

I spent a lot of time running around the campground this afternoon, saying hello and visiting with attendees. Love to do that and have to do it while I still have time. got to say hi to a lot of people I already know and meet a lot of people for the first time.

There were many small gatherings at RVs this evening before and after dinner. It was great to see everyone getting together. I spent some time where the service team had gathered after work for refreshments and mingling with attendees here at the campground. What a great group of guys and gals that traveled here from Elkhart to take care of us.

The check-in and service teams were really busy today. We had around 20 rigs arrive today. We've hit the 50% mark!

Doubleringer
06-11-2012, 11:24 PM
OK! This weather is what I'm talkin about, warmer, less wind. Went to Buffalo today saw Work Kamper friends at Deer CG and drove up into the BIGHORN MTS Beautiful scenery. Looking forward to Wednesday at the Rally.

TandT
06-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Jim,
My compliments to Brenda, HL service advisor at the front gate. She really knocked it out of the park.
I would like her supervisor to find out what a great asset she is to HL.

There had been an ongoing mixup on two parts for our BH. When I went to the front this morning she acknowledged knowing about the situation, but could not locate one of the parts.

At that time, without any protest from me, she stated, "I will do whatever I have to, even if I have to go to the dealership and take one off another rig".
As, it turns out, that was not necessary and she had two techs at my space within ten minutes. They fixed my issues in 15-20 minutes.

Now that is customer service I don't often see anymore.

Thank you, Brenda! Trace

gasman
06-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Doubleringer, US 16 between Buffalo and Worland seems to be a little steeper than US 14 between Dayton and Greybull but both are good roads and are very pullable. Is that a word?? You really need to spend a couple of days in Cody at the Buffalo Bill Museum. It is incredible.

jbeletti
06-12-2012, 07:06 AM
Great story Trace. Word has been passed onto Sean, the top dog in Service.

jbeletti
06-12-2012, 08:15 AM
I failed to mention that at the happy hour for the service team last night, Claire Nichols made 4 large chicken pot pies and 2 large caramel apple pies - from scratch! They were amazing! Thank you Claire.

wdk450
06-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Heartland:
I would like to chime in with my thanks and awe at the terrific job the Heartrland service techs did here at the rally with my service request for 2 problems with my Flair Sofa/sleeper's drawer slides and latches. These 2 guys worked over an hour on this seemingly minor problem to GET IT RIGHT.

BTW, I can also recommend the vendor rig washing service here. They got stuff off the front of my rig that I thought was gellcoat damages. The price was fair, the service quick, the outcome pleasing!

olcoon
06-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Like always, the service team is AWESOME!!! JD & "Slide-out Mike" fixed my slide problem, that I thought was serious, and they said really wasn't that big of a deal. It's amazing/great that Heartland will send this many people with the service trailer this far to accommodate us with our service requests at no cost to us! I can't praise the service team & Heartland enough!

donr827
06-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Great stories keep them coming for us that were not able to attend. Do not forget more pictures!
Don

DougAndJudy
06-12-2012, 04:14 PM
I want to add my praise for the Heartland service team and especially Jim Fenner. Jim has worked with us on a couple of more-than-minor issues we had and is batting 1000! Thanks!!

Add my appreciation, too, to the wash and wax team. They made our rig sparkle and are really easy to work with regarding scheduling.

TandT
06-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Great story Trace. Word has been passed onto Sean, the top dog in Service.

Thanks, Jim.