two recliners - tight squeeze! ideas?

twohappycampers

Hello! Our new home has a 42 inch tv!! My other half is in 5th wheel heaven! :angel: First thing we did was switch the positioning of the sofa and recliners. The next thing we did was buy a new sofa bed and two lovely leather recliners. Now the recliners are right across from the tv so we have a good view of it. Perfect! Although this is the best possible arrangement for us, the recliners are wider than what came from the factory and the space is narrower, leaving no room for a table between the two, and no room for a table beside.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could make or buy - something for a coffee cups, the tv remotes, the phone? maybe to attach to the wall? I currently turn a dining table chair around so the seat is facing the side of one recliner, put a rigid board like a cutting board on it, and I use it that for my "side table" when I want a snack, etc. - works for me! But my hubby is left out in the cold sitting in the other recliner with nowhere for his stuff.

Any ideas to share? Thanks!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We keep the table that came with our coach in front of the 2 chairs. If I want to extend the leg rest, I just turn the chair a little to clear it. This also puts me a little closer to my better half :).

twohappycampers

Know what you mean - it's great to have our two recliners close together - reach over and grab his hand whenever I want! In our old rv we were sitting across from one another, felt not so friendly.

We always sit with the leg rests extended on our recliners- our poor old legs & feet require it - so nothing can sit in front.

2psnapod2

Ours works fine even with both chairs out. It has only about a 6 inch separation in photo (6).JPGbetween. But it could be less if needed. I have attached a photo.

2psnapod2

It came with our coach, give HL and call. It is included with alot of the Landmarks.

danemayer

Remove 2 of the dining room chairs and get 2 folding wooden chairs like these. There are several wood finishes available - one of which will probably match your decor. The folding chairs can be stored in the bedroom closet, or in the basement (if you wrap them) and brought out when needed. You can even order fabric from Heartland if you want to recover them to match the original chairs.

Taking out the chairs you don't use all the time opens up quite a bit of space. We even went so far as to move the table a couple of inches to the rear to make it easier to get in and out.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
We got this one from Heartland through customer service. Can't remember what it cost. Keep in mind HOC members receive a 10% discount on parts from Heartland as well as free access to chapter rallies, discounts for the national rally and more so you may want to give some thought to joining if you haven't already.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
horn table 035 (Medium).jpgchairs 036 (Large) (2).jpgchairs 037 (Large).jpghorn table 037 (Medium).jpghorn table 038 (Medium).jpgWe bought these recliners from JCP. They are 2 position made by Lane. They are narrow enough to fit in the old recliners area. The table we made. Too bad you already bought new recliners. The little stools we made from planter boxes. I cut a piece of plywood installed it in the bottom. Then cut a piece of plywood for the top opening and glued a piece of 12" tile on it. Makes a good storage area.

GOTTOYS

Remove 2 of the dining room chairs and get 2 folding wooden chairs like these. There are several wood finishes available - one of which will probably match your decor. The folding chairs can be stored in the bedroom closet, or in the basement (if you wrap them) and brought out when needed. You can even order fabric from Heartland if you want to recover them to match the original chairs.

Taking out the chairs you don't use all the time opens up quite a bit of space. We even went so far as to move the table a couple of inches to the rear to make it easier to get in and out.
Wal-Mart has a similar folding wooden chair. They sell for around $35.00 each. We used them in our last trailer. Very sturdy and they looked nice...Don

rick_debbie_gallant

We just removed the recliners AND the couch. Replaced them with home theater seating units. The kind that you push a button to recline or set up. The table is now in the back of the rig. DW's sewing machine goes
Where table used to be. Works for us.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Go buy some of the plastic furniture movers. The little round disks...put them under the legs and your stuff will glide like butter.

BillPatti

Hi Dave. We are looking for a Lamp table for between our chairs too. Who did you call at Heartland?

Bill & Patti Johnson
Maple Valley, WA

gjackson

We made two changes that have made a huge difference. We bought the wood folding chairs on e-bay, (took out the dining chairs) turned the table sideways and moved toward wall & closer to the window. That opened up more space for our two recliners and we even put the leaf in the table. We have a table/lamp I bought at Lowe's between the chairs. However, I purchased a tray table to go beside the sofa that is a lot like Michael & Kelly's from Improvements.com for about $50. I have seen the same thing on other sights for less though.

jolar3329

Is your new sofa bed in the rear of the trailer, if so will the slides close? Can you provide more info on the sofa bed?

gjackson

Is your new sofa bed in the rear of the trailer, if so will the slides close? Can you provide more info on the sofa bed?

We moved the sofa bed that came with our Big Horn to the rear so we could have our recliners across from the TV. We flip the sofa on it's back and remove the legs, an easy thing to do, which leaves enough room for the slides to close. We were using the little round slide movers prior to that, but it was such a hassle - this is simple.