Convoy Planning to the 2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally in Gillette, WY in June of 2012

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I'm ready to organize a big 'ol convoy of Texans going to Gillette.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: 2012 Rally Location and Date has been set - June 14-17, 2012 - Cam-Plex in Gillette, WY

I'm ready to organize a big 'ol convoy of Texans going to Gillette.

Jay, we might follow ya! Talking about it.... but just never know what we'll be doing a year from now. LOL!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Re: 2012 Rally Location and Date has been set - June 14-17, 2012 - Cam-Plex in Gillette, WY

We missed going to Alaska this year, so it looks like we will try it again in 2012. We plan to make Gillette the start point.

Include us to attend the Gillette rally.

It would be fun to have a convoy from Texas. We will probably be in South Texas (maybe Mission or Rockport) after the Sweetheart Rally in Feburary. We are slow travelers tho.

See you all there.

BC

BTW.. JimB Couldn't find this rally on the Portal List. Had to search for this thread....

jayc

Bob, you're welcome to convoy with us but you'll have to keep up! LOL

I don't think this rally has been posted on the portal yet.

ccupton

We will also be attending. Looking to convoy with any California locals.

reverts

We plan on being there, it will be our first national rally. Would also like to convoy with others from California if possible.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

We will also be attending. Looking to convoy with any California locals.

Chris, As I told you, count us in.
Again, it was great meeting you guys at Prado. Trace

jbeletti

[h=2]If you are planning or considering a CONVOY with other Heartlanders on the way to the 2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally in Gillette, WY in June of 2012, use this thread to discuss your thoughts.[/h]

hcriddle

Jay,
We are in. My only problem is I am planning on spending most of our trip on the back side of the rally going up to Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon and other sights along the way. This means I won't be leaving until after church on Sunday the 10th. I already have much of my trip planned out. When I get to the office tomorrow I will try to remember to send you what I have so far.

jayc

Buddy, thats fine. Just stay in touch because our plans may have to change so right now I'm not sure when we'll leave.

back2nature

We're from near Los Angeles area. No traveling plans yet, but we're thinking we would go straight to Gillette first (with stopovers) and then do some sightseeing after. We just got back from five weeks in Black Hills of S.D., Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Moab, etc., so we're thinking maybe go north this time after Gillette. Like maybe Glacier.

talley

Jay... whatever is put together as a Texas Convoy to Gillette Diane and I would love to take a sot. Any schedule is OK with us. We will stay in touch and perhaps discuss at Canton in October.

Thanks, Jerry

GETnBYE

Amy and I started a poll thread for people interested in attending a Wyoming chapter rally either before or after Gillette. Please use the link below if your interested. Also, I understand from one of the posts in that thread that arriving early will not be an option at the Cam-plex so we are putting together a list of some parks within a couple hundred miles of Gillette for people to stage at. We are going over to the Black Hills next week and plan on visiting with some parks to see if we can get a group rate for early arrivals. I'll post the info with distances when I have it done. If any body has questions about travel in Wyoming please feel free to PM and we will do our best to help out.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/26295-Cody-WY-Rally-before-after-quot-The-Rally-quot

Thanks so much for going to the extra trouble for all of us that wish to come early or stay late.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

Thanks for looking into campgrounds for us! That will be a big help in planning our trip. We still don't know if we are going to take a northern route through Spokane area, or the southern route through Salt Lake City. Now it looks like we can take more time getting to the rally so we have time to spend more than one night in a place or two.

Kristy

jdawson

Past Pacific Region Director
Lori and I are planning to attend the rally and we have talked to some of the group in california and are talking about meeting in Sparks NV. We will caravaan from there to the other side on Nevada and meet up with the southern Cal and Nv groups. Then of to the rally.

back2nature

Lori and I are planning to attend the rally and we have talked to some of the group in california and are talking about meeting in Sparks NV. We will caravaan from there to the other side on Nevada and meet up with the southern Cal and Nv groups. Then of to the rally.

Okay, whose is coming from Southern California? We are near Los Angeles. Is this group meeting on the east side of Nevada then? We haven't planned our trip yet?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
FYI, Reno is 400 miles further going to Gillette, rather than going through Las Vegas for Southern California.
IMHO, Salt Lake City makes more sense for folks coming from most points west, except maybe Washington.

Last edited:

jdawson

Past Pacific Region Director
Pacific Region
The talk now is that the southern cal and nevada group is talking about salt lake and the centeral and northern is talking about sparks nv and then on to salt lake thanks for the feed back.