PDA

View Full Version : Convoy Planning to the 2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally in Gillette, WY in June of 2012

jayc
07-16-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm ready to organize a big 'ol convoy of Texans going to Gillette.

TravelTiger
07-16-2011, 10:55 PM

Jay, we might follow ya! Talking about it.... but just never know what we'll be doing a year from now. LOL!

TXBobcat
07-20-2011, 10:58 AM
We missed going to Alaska this year, so it looks like we will try it again in 2012. We plan to make Gillette the start point.

Include us to attend the Gillette rally.

It would be fun to have a convoy from Texas. We will probably be in South Texas (maybe Mission or Rockport) after the Sweetheart Rally in Feburary. We are slow travelers tho.

See you all there.

BC

BTW.. JimB Couldn't find this rally on the Portal List. Had to search for this thread....

jayc
07-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Bob, you're welcome to convoy with us but you'll have to keep up! LOL

I don't think this rally has been posted on the portal yet.

ccupton
07-20-2011, 11:36 AM
We will also be attending. Looking to convoy with any California locals.

reverts
08-10-2011, 12:36 PM
We plan on being there, it will be our first national rally. Would also like to convoy with others from California if possible.

TandT
08-10-2011, 03:16 PM
We will also be attending. Looking to convoy with any California locals.

Chris, As I told you, count us in.
Again, it was great meeting you guys at Prado. Trace

jbeletti
08-25-2011, 09:57 AM
If you are planning or considering a CONVOY with other Heartlanders on the way to the 2012 North American Heartland Owners Rally in Gillette, WY in June of 2012, use this thread to discuss your thoughts.

lmcclure
08-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Anyone going that will come through tennessee? We would like to go.

hcriddle
08-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Jay,
We are in. My only problem is I am planning on spending most of our trip on the back side of the rally going up to Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon and other sights along the way. This means I won't be leaving until after church on Sunday the 10th. I already have much of my trip planned out. When I get to the office tomorrow I will try to remember to send you what I have so far.

jayc
08-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Buddy, thats fine. Just stay in touch because our plans may have to change so right now I'm not sure when we'll leave.

back2nature
08-25-2011, 11:00 PM
We're from near Los Angeles area. No traveling plans yet, but we're thinking we would go straight to Gillette first (with stopovers) and then do some sightseeing after. We just got back from five weeks in Black Hills of S.D., Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Moab, etc., so we're thinking maybe go north this time after Gillette. Like maybe Glacier.

ziggy
08-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Pacific Region (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/26163-Pacific-Region-Travel-Discussion-to-Gillette-WY-National-Rally) people are talking about this in another thread..

Kristy

talley
08-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Jay... whatever is put together as a Texas Convoy to Gillette Diane and I would love to take a sot. Any schedule is OK with us. We will stay in touch and perhaps discuss at Canton in October.

Thanks, Jerry

GETnBYE
08-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Amy and I started a poll thread for people interested in attending a Wyoming chapter rally either before or after Gillette. Please use the link below if your interested. Also, I understand from one of the posts in that thread that arriving early will not be an option at the Cam-plex so we are putting together a list of some parks within a couple hundred miles of Gillette for people to stage at. We are going over to the Black Hills next week and plan on visiting with some parks to see if we can get a group rate for early arrivals. I'll post the info with distances when I have it done. If any body has questions about travel in Wyoming please feel free to PM and we will do our best to help out.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/26295-Cody-WY-Rally-before-after-quot-The-Rally-quot

Thanks so much for going to the extra trouble for all of us that wish to come early or stay late.

ziggy
08-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks for looking into campgrounds for us! That will be a big help in planning our trip. We still don't know if we are going to take a northern route through Spokane area, or the southern route through Salt Lake City. Now it looks like we can take more time getting to the rally so we have time to spend more than one night in a place or two.

Kristy

jdawson
09-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Lori and I are planning to attend the rally and we have talked to some of the group in california and are talking about meeting in Sparks NV. We will caravaan from there to the other side on Nevada and meet up with the southern Cal and Nv groups. Then of to the rally.

back2nature
09-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Lori and I are planning to attend the rally and we have talked to some of the group in california and are talking about meeting in Sparks NV. We will caravaan from there to the other side on Nevada and meet up with the southern Cal and Nv groups. Then of to the rally.

Okay, whose is coming from Southern California? We are near Los Angeles. Is this group meeting on the east side of Nevada then? We haven't planned our trip yet?

TandT
09-06-2011, 09:56 AM
FYI, Reno is 400 miles further going to Gillette, rather than going through Las Vegas for Southern California.
IMHO, Salt Lake City makes more sense for folks coming from most points west, except maybe Washington.

jdawson
09-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Pacific Region
The talk now is that the southern cal and nevada group is talking about salt lake and the centeral and northern is talking about sparks nv and then on to salt lake thanks for the feed back.

TRAVELER07
09-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Jay C, Blanca and I would be interested joining the Texas group with the convoy to the Heartland rally at Wyoming Please keep us informed Rick TRAVELER07

danemayer
09-06-2011, 05:30 PM

We're in Austin Jay and we'd like to stay informed as plans develop.

jayc
09-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Rick and Blanca and Dan and Ruth, we'll keep this thread going and make our plans to hook up and travel together.

ziggy
09-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Pacific Region
The talk now is that the southern cal and nevada group is talking about salt lake and the centeral and northern is talking about sparks nv and then on to salt lake thanks for the feed back.

John and all Pacific Region people, can we move our conversation to the Pacific Region discussion thread (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/26163-Pacific-Region-Travel-Discussion-to-Gillette-WY-National-Rally) so Texas and company can have their discussion back without us breaking it up for them?

I just think it would make it easier for them to keep track of who is doing what from their area and I know it would make it easier for us since we have so many states and chapters wanting to join together from the Pacific. Just click on the link i put in the section above to get to the right thread.
Kristy

Trailer Trash
09-07-2011, 09:51 PM
We plan on attending. We will take maps with us to the upcomming Paso Robles and Las Vegas Rallys and talk to both So. Cal. and Nevada members. Hope we can get a group together to caravan.
Art and Teresa, Central Cal. Chapter Leaders

larkinstuart
11-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Re: Convoy

Larry and Liz are thinking about going to Gillette, WY. Please let us know what the plan is on leaving, meeting up etc.
Liz and Larry Kinney

9-larry
05-13-2012, 09:54 PM
jay we are going to gillette rally and might be interested with hooking up with group going from texas. i would like to hear about group plans when they are formed.

danemayer
05-21-2012, 03:23 PM
I just updated our itinerary.

June 7

Austin to Lubbock

Loop 289 RV Park

June 8

Lubbock to Raton, NM

Raton KOA

June 9-10

Raton to Longmont, CO

St. Vrain State Park

June 11

Longmont to Gillette, WY

Cam-Plex

9-larry
05-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Jay,
We are in. My only problem is I am planning on spending most of our trip on the back side of the rally going up to Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon and other sights along the way. This means I won't be leaving until after church on Sunday the 10th. I already have much of my trip planned out. When I get to the office tomorrow I will try to remember to send you what I have so far.
hcriddle- would like to talk to you about yellowstone and glacier travel after gillette. my wife and i would life to tag along if you feel like some company.

kakampers
05-22-2012, 06:58 PM
I just updated our itinerary.

June 7

Austin to Lubbock

Loop 289 RV Park

June 8

Lubbock to Raton, NM

Raton KOA

June 9-10

Raton to Longmont, CO

St. Vrain State Park

June 11

Longmont to Gillette, WY

Cam-Plex

We'll be in St. Vrain too, for the Good Guys car show in Loveland. Want to travel to Gillette together?

danemayer
05-22-2012, 07:06 PM
We'll be in St. Vrain too, for the Good Guys car show in Loveland. Want to travel to Gillette together?
Sure. Look forward to seeing you at St. Vrain. We'll be in #085, Kestral Loop.

kakampers
05-22-2012, 07:10 PM
That is TOO bizarre!!!! We are in 084, Kestral loop....

danemayer
05-22-2012, 07:43 PM
That is TOO bizarre!!!! We are in 084, Kestral loop....
Pretty good coincidence. I guess we won't have trouble finding each other.

back2nature
05-22-2012, 10:53 PM
We are planning a couple of days in Zion before the rally (out of So. Calif.), then after the rally six nights at Colter Bay (Grand Tetons) then up to Glacier for a week. Anyone else going those ways?

9-larry
05-23-2012, 09:40 AM
great see you at gillette!!

9-larry
05-23-2012, 09:45 AM
hcriddle- would like to talk to you about yellowstone and glacier travel after gillette. my wife and i would life to tag along if you feel like some company. great see you at really, have a safe trip!

Hoody
05-27-2012, 09:36 AM
Ken, We are car people also-wish we were able to go to the Good Guys show this year. We live in Worland-But born and raised Texans in Houston-Austin area. Heavy Nascar fans. If you pass by Worland or need a place to light we have room. Give us a call. We will be going to Gillette also. Member #2129.

Travel Safe,
Hoody