? Re: Greystone 5th wheel

mjr45

New to the site and we are in the process of purchasing a 2012 29MK. I've read numerous articles and some other forum posts re the Greystone. So the questions are: Have frequent are the problems with sagging holding tanks and poor filling of fresh water tank? Are there problems with the axels like those with the Bighorn model? What are common issues I can expect? Can 5er be used year round with sub-zero temps in winter? We are trading a 2010 Arctic Fox, the floorplan doesn't work well, way to many small issues that all added up, with little or no help from the manufacturer. We have no loacl dealer and purchased the unit out of state. Any replies will be apprecated.

Mandotar

Not familiar with a sagging holding tank issue but the water tank will not fill properly so am having that and the level indicators fixed hopefully next week under warranty after 6 weeks use of our new 29MK. Like you, we like the floor plan and size better than what we had before. Where did you learn about the holding tank issue? They drain a little slower than I'd like but that's all I've noticed.

mjr45

From reading other posts on this and other sites, but the issue was always with Big Horn. Do all your tanks drain slow or just 1 of the grey tanks?

Mandotar

Both grey tanks drain at about the same rate, just more slowly than the black probably because the pipes coming from the grey tanks are smaller diameter than the black. I do really appreciate the grey water capacity since we have 2 grey tanks but of course that means it takes twice the time to drain your grey water.