Mounting a TST Monitor in a GMC

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There was an earlier post showing a couple of ways to mount the TST monitors. I finally took photos of mine. With the design of the IP, the clips into the vents don't work. So, once again, Velcro to the rescue! With this, I can remove the monitor when I'm not using it (and prevent prying eyes from thinking it's free electronics). By the way, the pressure shown is today, after the rig has been sitting on site since the Goshen rally, when it was at 110 psi. Ray, I'm still using the long strip of Velcro you gave me a couple of years ago.

View attachment 15358View attachment 15359

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We mounted ours on the dash too but on the left side of the steering wheel (by design so I don't spend hours staring at it) close to the window. Used the cable without the plug and direct wired it to an upfitter switch in the dash.

Attachments

• IMG_1679.jpg
    IMG_1679.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 41

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
No pics yet but I mounted mine on the dash with velcro in order to take it off when parked, I put it in the middle with the GPS so DW can watch them as she likes to. I have the Transfer Flow monitor the left. If I get many more things to watch I will not be able to see out the window.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Ahhhhh! Velcro second only to Duct Tape. Followed closely behind by zipties. LOL The only problem with velcro is that the 110 heat melted the glue off of my PIKEPASS mount.

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Mounted mine using that winshield mount.... immediately under the rear-view mirror. I can take it off easily to stow away and DW can see/hear it also. Works for me anyway.

JohnDar

My TST didn't come with a windshield mount. Even if it did, I'd have a hard time reading it if I put it there. One of these days I'm going for bionic eyeballs.

mnkamper

I'm there with you..... if I put it under the mirror (it's up really tight) than I can make sure DW watches and hears it too!
I'm deaf in 1 ear and can't hear out of the other.... she says it's selective hearing.

mnkamper

I do have a question that maybe I should start a new thread.
My digital tire pressure gauge says my tires are at 110psi
My TST says they are at 106 psi
My old fashioned tire gauge says the're about 108 psi (those aren't as specific)

Which should I follow... or shouldn't I worry about the small difference?

JohnDar

I do have a question that maybe I should start a new thread.
My digital tire pressure gauge says my tires are at 110psi
My TST says they are at 106 psi
My old fashioned tire gauge says the're about 108 psi (those aren't as specific)

Which should I follow... or shouldn't I worry about the small difference?

So you average 108 psi. Unless it's certified some industry standard, none of them are 100% accurate. Even if they were, they'd probably have a +/- tolerance range. Pick one to follow (TST would be my choice since it cost $$$), go camping and have fun.

mnkamper

Thanks for the reply!..... I have (what I think) is a really good digital tire pressure gauge and the TST is within 4psi. If I keep those 2 within that.... I'm a happy camper!

mmomega

AnyTimer
Don't mean to ninja the thread,

anyone else having a problem with the "TST Head Unit" picking up the signal from the sensors? Truck is a longed dually and trailer is 41ft, haven't measured from trailer tires to truck to check distance but I notice the head unit just cycling through the seniors without picking up a reading then when it does it picks up almost 15-20lbs lower than what the tire is actually at.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We had similar problems when we first got our TST unit 2 years ago. We installed the signal repeater under the front of the trailer by the battery compartment and have not had any problems since that install. Call Dan Covington (706) 531-0044 or send your questions to him by clicking HERE. My experience is that TST is very customer friendly and stands behind their product!