Back filling tank # 2

JJAK17

Today I was tinkering with the new Sundance and I thought that I would try and fill the Gray tank #1 and then "back fill" tank #2.
After filling the tank #1 I then opened the valve for tank 1 and then opened the tank for # 2. It worked I was able to back fill tank #2. It was clean water but the only downfall is that the area between the valves and the "exit port" was full of water (maybe a gallon or two). I am not sure if others would be interested in this but I thought that I would post it.

This is a good thing to know since we do sometimes not have full hookups and with 3 girls it doesnt take too much to fill the one tank.

Jason

DaleR

Hi Jason
Thanks for the info. You have more guts than I, to go camping with 3 girls.
Packer

Jimmyt5

I do this a lot when camping and when cleaning tanks. I sometimes dump into the black tank to help flush it out with soapy gray tank water.
I use a Flushking on the end in place of a cap, this way you don't have surprises when you open the cap.

jbeletti

Bill,

Thanks too for the suggestion. Planning to hit CW to pick one up this week as my gray 1 valve seems to be stuck open. Not sure when I'll get it in to be looked at so $18 on this termination valve sounds good.

Jim