Cody, WY Rally before/after "The Rally"?

Would you be interested in attending a Wyoming chapter rally before or after the National Rally in G

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
We are considering having our Wyoming Chapter Rally before or after the National Rally in Gillette and are wondering if anyone would be interested. Cody is 250 miles west of Gillette and is the eastern gateway to Yellowstone National Park.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
After the Gillette Rally I am going to be on my way to Alaska if possible. This would make a great stop on the way.

Also if any one is going to Yellowstone or Glacier National Park this would be a nice stop on the way.

Looking forward to attending a rally in Cody.. So much to see. Are you going to have a list of activities in Cody?

BC

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Although I voted "before" we'd be open to either. Sounds like fun!

jimtoo

Hi Dave,,, we probably would make it after the Gillette National... We are planning on spending some time in Redding, Ca.(family).,maybe even hit Oregon, Washington, also at some point... on the way back probably, Vernal, Ut,, Rangley, Co,, (used to live there long time ago)... Right now nothing definite...but starting to plan. We are thinking of a 6 to 8 week trip.

Jim M

GETnBYE

Dave, with the news that we can not stay at the camplex during the days prior to the rally, you may be looking at a Huge rally! Hope you know of a really big campground.....or two. I am excited to get to go see other parts of the area since we are coming this far we might as well see as much of the country as possible.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Dave, with the news that we can not stay at the camplex during the days prior to the rally, you may be looking at a Huge rally!

Ouch, where did you hear about this. I did not see it posted anywere in the Gillette rally thread. We normally try to arrive at a rally on Monday that way we can relax while everyone else is arriving.

JimB ... Any comment about this..

BC

GETnBYE

BC, If I am not mistaken, there was a post yesterday on it by JimB.

from the post i saw

Q. What about coming in early for the rally. We always enjoy getting to town days/weeks ahead of time? //heartlandowners.org/images/smilies/smile.png
A. In the case of this rally's venue, the Cam-Plex, they actually do not have open/nightlhy camping. This means that to come to town early, you will need to stay at another location, then transition over to the Cam-Plex beginning the morning of day 1 of the rally, June 14.

Gaffer

Is the road from Rawling to Casper RV friendly? It looks like it saves over 100 miles bypassing Chyenne? Coming from Salt Lake.

codycarver

Is the road from Rawling to Casper RV friendly? It looks like it saves over 100 miles bypassing Chyenne? Coming from Salt Lake.

If your talking about Rt 287 you will have no problems as far as road condition but you will be going through lots of small towns with 30MPH speed limits.

Gaffer

North on 287 then NE on 220. Would you recommend this shortcut for a convoy?

Last edited:

loafer

We are planning to visit Yellowstone ahead of the rally so before works for us .We will keep an eye on progress here. Thats not the news we were looking for that we can only come in on the 14 th of June so you may have a rally after all.
Cody is not that far so looks good
Best regards
Bill and Maureen

GETnBYE

Hey Bill & Maureen, Looking forward to seeing you both again, it's been a while.
Nita & Wayne

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Since we will be arriving from the East Coast after would be much better

Tom and Mary

codycarver

North on 287 then NE on 220. Would you recommend this shortcut for a convoy?

As far as travel goes you'll be fine. The only problem I can see is if you need to stop for some reason. The road doesn't have shoulders and except for Muddy Gap the towns for the most part are just wide spots in the road.

Last edited:

happykraut

[h=2]Gillette Rally - You may arrive up to ONE WEEK EARLY![/h]
The following change was made to the Q&A thread for this rally:

Q. What about coming in early for the rally. We always enjoy getting to town days/weeks ahead of time? :)

A. UPDATE (4-Oct): You may arrive up to ONE WEEK EARLY! (Thursday, June 7). We just worked this out with the Cam-Plex. Rates will be determined at a later date.

This was posted by JBilletti.

olcoon

codycarver,
The above post may mess up your poll now, I don't remember how I voted before, but with this in mind, I think we'd be more interested in attending the WY Chapter rally after the national rally.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Also with the news that we can stay in the Cam Plex, we vote for the rally after the National Rally.

talley

Would really be interested in a rally at Cody following the rally at Gillette, WY

Thanks

codycarver

Thanks to everyone who participated in our poll. We will be having our spring rally the weekend following Gillette. We will be posting details soon so keep a eye on the portal page for details.