Mail services?UPS?

bdb2047

We are not fulltimers.We spend 5-6 months of year in camper about 4 months continious over winter.Every year we have many problems with USPS forwarding mail ,I have used a relitives address and they send it on to us.Has anyone used UPS? They have a store close to home address seam to have a reasonable plan.It would mean permanent change of address,they would forward mail to where every we want as often as we want when home we would pick up at store.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I know guys that used it when I was in the service but can't comment how good it is. Seemed to work.

Gaffer

I have had a box at the local UPS store for over 20 years. Got it when we were building and had no other address. Just kept it and have alwas use it as a permenant address. Now that we are fulltiming all of our mail goes there. They will forward whenever you want. We will be looking into which post offices accept general delivery mail when we head south this winter.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We use a UPS store and had a few problems at first but when we talked with the owner he got them straightened out. Young kids not paying attention. Since then we have had no problems, we send it to my SIL then email them when we move and they will send it to the campground. They take a deposit and notify you when it is close to being used up. Address is 15.00 a month and they send the mail every tuesday.

rhd47

Good thread for us newbies and future full-timers and prospective owners. I've been wondering on how to deal with the mail.

jimtoo

Hi rhd47,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Yes, I think a lot of full-timers use UPS. There are also a lot of folks that belong to private campground memberships like Escapees that also have mail service or just kin folks to pickup or forward for them.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Wharton

There are mail services available from Escapees and I have heard of others in South Dakota and Florida. Everyone seems to be happy with them. I would rather use a company that specializes in mail than UPS. UPS has too much transient help that needs constant training while a mail service is that, a mail service with long term employees.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
We are not full-timers but I am retired and we own the wifes business so we do travel alot. While I was in the service I was single for most of my career and would have to have a power of attorney to handle things wile I was gone until the computer age became what it is. All of my bills our paid through my online bank and I get paperless billing. Most everything we get in our mailbox is magazines and junk.

My point is that I know you want your mail to track you, but, get all your important stuff arranged where you can access it anytime and just about anyplace over the web. It is a big help. Just buff up on some internet security do's and dont's and all is a safe as anything can be these days. Nothing is 100% anymore not even the USPS. JMHO

Wharton

I agree with going as paperless as one can but certain things you cannot go paperless(IRS for one, some 1099's,medication). I have yet to be offered paperless from a doctor, hospital or lab................would be nice though..........

Gaffer

This is from the USPS web site:
General DeliveryGet your mail even if you’re on the road, new to town, or between permanent addresses.
Mail addressed to you at General Delivery will be held at the area’s main Post Office for up to 30 days. All you have to do is pick it up.General Delivery is a great choice if you don’t have a permanent address.
People can send you mail by using the town name and ZIP Code™, like this…JOHN DOE
GENERAL DELIVERY
ANYTOWN NY 12345-9999In medium to large cities with multiple ZIP Codes, you’ll want to make sure senders use the ZIP Code for the area’s main Post Office. The ZIP+4 extension 9999 indicates general delivery.To find the main Post Office in an area, speak to any Post Office associate or call 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777).