Delamination suddenly appeared

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
ElkRidgeBUBBLE3.jpgElkRidgeBUBBLE2.jpgElkRidgeBUBBLE1.jpg

Hey all, just went and picked up the rig from a repair shop for our upgraded running gear, and discovered this! A long area of delamination under the slide window at the dining room! We have never had water intrusion that we know of, and yes, I've recaulked (twice in a year and a half) and all the way around the window. We have had 66 days over 100* this year so far, so I'm sure that hasn't helped. 47 days at the repair shop, and there was no evidence this was about to happen before we took it in. It only rained .03" while they had it! I'm just sick about it, as we just spent a pretty penny.... Does anyone know if insurance will cover this? Heartland will not say if they will do anything, we have to get it looked at, first. If it is water damage, I got the impression they won't be willing to help.:(

Any advice appreciated.

E

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
View attachment 15375View attachment 15374View attachment 15373

Hey all, just went and picked up the rig from a repair shop for our upgraded running gear, and discovered this! A long area of delamination under the slide window at the dining room! We have never had water intrusion that we know of, and yes, I've recaulked (twice in a year and a half) and all the way around the window. We have had 66 days over 100* this year so far, so I'm sure that hasn't helped. 47 days at the repair shop, and there was no evidence this was about to happen before we took it in. It only rained .03" while they had it! I'm just sick about it, as we just spent a pretty penny.... Does anyone know if insurance will cover this? Heartland will not say if they will do anything, we have to get it looked at, first. If it is water damage, I got the impression they won't be willing to help.:(

Any advice appreciated.

E

PM sent to you.

Rvrepair

Hello, first post here. I too am working with a delam issue on a toy hauler. Moisture intrusion can happen and yet it will take a long time to rear it's ugly head. Sorry, I do not know about insurance if it is not accidental damage, you will have to ask agent. I will post more later on my issue.
Dave