2012 Key Largo - Interference between cargo hatch and bedroom slide?

danemayer

2012 Key Largo owners - when your off-doorside hatch is open, is it in the path of the bedroom slide? Would pulling the slide in with the hatch open result in damage?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Oh I got you, yes it will interfer with the slide. Someone had one and had to replace that door.

danemayer

On the 2012 Key Largo, I believe the cargo hatch (UDC side) is hinged on top and opens in an upward direction. I'm told the latch handles on the open door are in the path of the bedroom slide being retracted. Trying to verify.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes they are. One of the other owners had to replace the door because of this issue.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
We have a 2012 and the door on that side has 2 stage "shocks"; the first stop is approx. 6-8 inches short of hitting the slide and the second stage lets the door contact the slide. I put an 18" piece of noodle on the slide to keep the door from getting scratched and it also helps the slide to slide free. No problems here.

Rodbuster

DARN. I have been on this forum for about 3 months and have received wonderful advice and great tips from many wonderful people. I've been looking and hoping for an opportunity to finally give a response on a question or topic that I knew something about.
This was my chance.... but, Tom and Marti beat me to it.

I have a 2012 Key Largo and I know exactly what you are talking about, with the hatch hitting the bedroom slide. As I mentioned, Tom and Marti hit the nail on the head when they said that the hatch opens in 2 stages. I also use pool noodles on the corners of the bedroom slide to serve 2 purposes. 1) to keep from scratching the hatch when it is fully open and 2) to keep from putting a dent in my head when I'm walking under the bedroom slide.

Tom and Marti would be 2 more of these wonderful people on this forum that are ready to offer advice and tips to "newbies" like myself.
Obviously they are a little quicker than I am. I am actually going to get a kick out of giving somebody a "correct" answer to their question. But for now, "grasshopper" is still a student.

Rodbuster