Pray for Butch at RV'sforLess in Knoxville TN.....

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We do not have all details on Butch's current condition or what happened, but regardless, there is power in prayer. We have friends that went to pick up their new Big Country at RVsforless today and they sent this message tonight:

"We are in TN picking up our camper and the owner, Butch, of the RV Sales Company has gone into cardiac arrest, his kidneys are failing and this morning they found swelling in his brain. Please pray for Butch and his wife, Karen. They are good Christian folks and they and their business reflect it.

On our way home finally...long day...no change on Butch . Found out he actually went into cardiac arrest before emergency. Surgery and actually died there on the table and they got him back with the shock pads. God's not done with him yet, but has a long journey ahead of him and needs prayer. Thank you for lifting him and his wife up to the one who can do the impossible!"

We just met Butch and Karen at the TN rally last month and they are wonderful folks....that's why I referred our friends to them. Please keep Butch, Karen and their family in the HL family prayers!!

Lance

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We did not know him but worked with Karen alot while looking for our new coach. They will be in our thoughts.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
We know Butch and Karen well. This is a shock and totally unexpected. Thanks so much for the posting. Our prayers are with Butch for recovery, and with Karen and family for this awful period in their lives. I know them as Christians with strong and complete faith in our Lord. Please keep them in your prayers for there is such power in prayer.

lduguay

Just received a PM from Nathan, aka Nabo, with more details:

"I talked with Josh, their son, yesterday and Butch had an extended aorta which he had emergency surgery to repair. He was at a church meeting when he had a sharp pain in his chest followed by total numbness of his arms/legs. The church folks got EMS there asap. As of yesterday he was in ICU in a medical induced state with the doctors still trying to get his blood pressure down. I did not call today because we were busy all day at the races at Bristol. I'll try to contact Josh tomorrow. "

We will look forward to Nathans update from Josh tomorrow.......keep those prayer coming!!

jjwink

We also bought from Butch and Karen and found them to be wonderful, faithful Christians. We still have the cross they give all their customer who buy from them prominently displayed in our coach. We had called Butch on Wed to ask a question and were told about his medical condition. We are praying for the Lord's healing hand to be done in this situation and for strength for Karen and their children and precious grandson.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We will pray for God to give the doctors wisdom who are treating Butch and to comfort his family.

Lance, Please continue to stay in touch with Nathan or Josh and let us know.

dieselsweetheart

An extended aorta I believe means a bulging aorta when a portion of the wall of the aorta has a leak that blood leaks into the layers of the artery. The aorta is the largest artery in our body. When you have a leak between the 2 layers that will cause an outpouch (much like a leak into the layers of a garden hose that makes a bubble along the hose)....when the bubble gets too large it will rupture. Many deaths from this condition occur when the aorta ruptures and hemorrhaging occurs, causing hypovolemic shock. This is how John Ritter died...they couldn't get to him in time with surgery. If Butch was diagnosed right away and taken to the OR to fix the bulge, at least he bought some time. Sounds like he had complications with a cardiac arrest during surgery but encouraging that they could restore his heart to a normal rhythm. If he is in ICU it sounds like they were able to fix what they needed to fix and get him off the table. This is also encouraging. Now let's pray that all the supportive medical care he is receiving will restore him back to health. As for "kidney" failure, don't forget, all of our organs rely on good blood circulation to function. When we have compromise to any organs (heart, kidneys, brain) because of blood loss, it will take some time and medical support to get those organs back to normal function.

So he's not out of the woods for sure yet...but I have seen the power of prayer and I urge everyone to keep him and Karen in your thoughts and prayers. Also for the medical team taking care of him!!!

DMitch

Very nice people and for sure our thoughts and prayers asre with Butch and his entire family.

jbeletti

We too know Butch and Karen. We were just at their shop 2 weeks ago. This is really sad news. They are great people.

I do not know who is maintaining this, but here is a blog on Butch's condition that seems to be updated daily:
http://rvsforless.webplus.net/

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Even tho Nathan & I are keeping in touch with the family, the best way to follow Butch's progress is thru the blog that Jim's has posted above. We are heading to the hospital tomorrow as soon as we get in from the races and will also update. Please keep all of the Burson family on your prayer list. Josh, their son is having a real hard time with this but trying to keep the business going. Amber, their daughter has been staying at the hospital with Karen.
B--

jjwink

So glad to see the info on the blog. There are so many people concerned and praying for the Burson family.

lduguay

I am posting this blog update on Butch in an effort to keep this thread in folks prayers. Below is the link to their Blog as well as the last 2 updates on Butch's condition:

Friday Morning Update
Posted by rvsforless at 9:55 am, September 2nd 2011.
Karen just left Butch's room and this morning he is showing no signs of response. Please continue to ask God to do a miracle in the brain function, capacity, and activity for Butch. They did another CT Scan this morning to see if there has been any change since the previous CT Scan from about a week ago. Ask God to give us miracles.
His vital signs and blood work are good. The doctor believe the kidneys can be 'kick-started'.
Ask for complete and permanent restoration of Butch Burson.

Tagged as: Butch Burson

0 Comments | Make a comment

Thursday Night Update
Posted by rvsforless at 11:15 pm, September 1st 2011.
Butch is pretty much the same this evening as it relates to movement. His pupils do respond to light.
Also, Butch has been assigned a new neurologist. Pray that this doctor will be divinely directed by God as to the right procedures and treatment. They are going to run another cat scan tomorrow in order to look again at the possible occurence of a stroke..
The kidneys are still not functioning as they should - pray for a good day on his kidneys tomorrow.
Lastly, if his breathing is not where it should be by next week they will have to put a trach into his neck area. Please pray that his breathing is improved so that this does not have to happen.
Keep praying! God is faithful!

Butch's Blog Update Link

There IS power in prayer! Keep them coming for Butch and his family.

ATLJOHN

We are so sorry to hear about Butch. We purchased our Big Horn from Karen and Butch. What wonderful people. He will be in our prayers.

John and Judy

lduguay

Positive news on Butch from todays Blog!!......click the link in post #11 for daily Blog updates.

Thursday Afternoon Update: More Praise to God!
Butch is doing well on the trach - he has actually been on a CPak level - and if all goes well could be off the Trach by Saturday. He is going to be taken off the trach completely at some point today and then they will turn it back on while he sleeps.
They did a MRI which showed that Butch had had quite a few mini-strokes. But they are curable through rehabilitation.
They have now entered Phase 2 of his care which involves physcial therapy. He actually was placed in a Therapeutic Chair for about 45 minutes today.
Continue to pray for 100% recovery in his brain, heart, kidneys, and lungs. Also, pray that his physical strength recovers supernatually quick!
Oh - by the way - He could be in Patricia Neal Center by the first of the week!

Nabo

Talked with Karen today who apologies for not updating the website. She sounds very good, tired but handling the running back and forth to the hospital ok. They have decided not to send Butch to Patricia Neal Center because they are not sure if he can take their type of therapy yet but to a center (sorry but I do not remember the name) who works more with beginning therapy, hopefully building up his strength to move to PN Center. They did add a button to the trach so Butch is trying to learn how to use it to talk.

Butch doesn't remember much about what happened to him and doesn't understand why he can't just jump up and leave the hospital. That seems to aggrevate him more than anything else. It's going to take a bunch of baby steps for healing and he's a man who likes to go so things just are going fast enough for him. That's a good sign in that maybe he doesn't have that much damage to the brain as previously thought.

Please keep all the Burson family in your prayers and especially for the healing process for Butch. We all would like to see the Butch we all remember.

Nabo

Just wanted to ask everyone to continue to put Butch on your Prayer List. He went to Vanderbilt Hospital earlier this week for more testing and they have found that the brain tumor is still growing. Right now he is scheduled for surgery in September to try to remove it. The Hospital has told him it OK to continue to do his daily routine (doctors appt./physical therapy, etc) and working at the sales lot. He has asked for your continue prayers for both himself but also for his family.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

B--