New owner with Satellite isssues

Dee

Reading and doing quick search I found lots of satellite issues,
Here is mine, just bought this 2008 3055 RL, Nice gentleman told me the connections were reversed for sat and cable? I do not believe he ever hooked it up to Satellite just cable. At least that is what it sounded like?
He was pretty confused though and not positive, I have had several rv's and can usually set up a satellite dish without too much
trouble, depending on trees, and luck usually not too big of a hassle?
This one I worked on all afternoon, finally ran cable through window and wal la! Here we go. So obviously I have a cabeling issue in the coach
tomorrow I am going to check behind the Sanitation station to see if a cable is pulled out, or never hooked up? any other thoughts on where
to look?
Thanks for any ideas.
Dee Dorleen and Millie our 4 year old Aussie keeping us in line.

danemayer

Not sure about the 2008 models, but if you have 4 coax connectors for satellite, as many of us do, two connectors go to the prewiring in the roof and the other two go to the living room and bedroom. No guarantees on how they're actually hooked up, but left to right should be: living room, roof prewire, bedroom, 2nd roof prewire. If you ever get a rooftop dish installed using the prewiring, you'd use short jumpers to connect each pair of connectors.

On my 2011, the satellite connectors are in the UDC, at the top, above all the water connections.

Dee

Ok after much searching I found that yes indeed the cables going to Sat or Cable in the Docking Sta were reversed, Also the splitter behind
the vaccume system was installed wrong, now I have Sat tv in lv Rm, will now install switch to go from cable to Sat
and not sure how to tie in the front bd rm but will get there.
Thank everyone for your help great resource this forum.