Regular Sales Area for crafts and other items for sale - created by campers

We've only been to two rallies so far however we're officially hooked now :D and hope to attend as many as possible. I am wondering if there could be a form filled out when registering that would allow you to "advertise" professionally on a single piece of paper what good you'd like to offer for sale - and then it would include your campsite number. All those registering for the rally could take it upon themselves to check our your wares at their leisure. Just a thought. Marg

jbeletti

We've only been to two rallies so far however we're officially hooked now :D and hope to attend as many as possible. I am wondering if there could be a form filled out when registering that would allow you to "advertise" professionally on a single piece of paper what good you'd like to offer for sale - and then it would include your campsite number. All those registering for the rally could take it upon themselves to check our your wares at their leisure. Just a thought. Marg

Hi Marge,

Many people are doing this now, informally, at their own camp site. And I feel this sort of thing can be done just about any time you wish. If items are to be set outside the RV, I believe one would have to check with the campground to see if that's allowed.

As to taking a bit more formal approach, such as that you described, I am not opposed to it. It would have to be up to the Chapter Leader if they want that sort of thing. That said, most Chapter Leaders probably don't even think about this sort of thing. I suggest, for now at least, that if you or anyone wishes to pedal your wares in a more formalized manner than low key inside your RV, that you approach the chapter leader of the rally that you'd like to do this at. Approach them well in advance so they may consider it. Once we get a few of these sorts of things under our belts, then perhaps we can have a more standardized process to how these things can be requested, considered and approved.

Thanks for bringing it up and please be the first to approach (PM or Email) a chapter leader about this for the next rally you wish to attend.

Finally, at our annual North American Rally, beginning with the last one just held in Goshen in June this year, we've begun to make available, time slots at a couple of tables in the Heartland Marketplace for Heartlanders to pedal their wares, providing they spent a short amount of time in the Leisure Time Activities sessions showing their wares and if they are handcrafted, putting on a short session of show-n-tell or how-to-make.

Jim

RallyUp

I think this is a wonderful idea for rallies. It provides the women with an opportunity to bond with something we all connect with and enjoy. My parents attended many rallies in the past and my Mother would always come back from a rally with gifts to share from vendors. Her favorite purchases were food and gourmet items, pet supplies and usually handmade jewelry. Maybe we could promote with the rallies that these types of vendors were encouraged, as long as the sponsors and RV parks allowed it of course. Just my thoughts but I have to say we really enjoyed the Mary Kay open house at our last rally.