How to Raise TV Antenna ," wheres the crank"

Annedonn

I have a 2011 MPG 180 , owners manual states that the TV antenna is a hand crank to raise and lower it , can anyone tell me where the crank is

jbeletti

The antenna on the MPG, I believe has been changed to an omni-directional style that is always deployed, therefore requires no hand-cranking. The way to tell is to step out of your unit and look for some sort of white disk-like antenna on the roof. If you have one like that, then you have the newer style antenna.

If this is the case, then the manual needs to be revised to add the words "if so equipped with an antenna that raises....."

Jim

jimtoo

Hi Annedonn,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The Heartland family is here to help. Check out the Portal Page for rallies in your area where you will meet the best people and eat the best food. Also think of joining the Heartland Owners Club.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

pegmikef

I had an Edge M21 with the same deal. There are several things like that in the manual . . . that's the trouble with a generic manual that tries to cover all the makes and models produced by Heartland . . . how many threads have you seen on this form regarding the "red light switch" for example?

M

Mcreech

The antenna on the MPG is the omni-directional style....I will get the manual updated..Thanks

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
One other great idea would be for the selling dealer to provide a comprehensive PDI and tell the new owner how everything operates. JMHO of course

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
One other great idea would be for the selling dealer to provide a comprehensive PDI and tell the new owner how everything operates. JMHO of course

Is it the dealer not offering or the buyer not asking? Some of the comments in the past by new owners have a flavor of "hitch and git."

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, its probably a 50/50 deal. Some dealers are in the "hitch and git" mode also. We got your money ....now scram.