Texas Heat

jimtoo

Folks, just for information.

George West, Texas. 8/28/2011, 110* at 3;30pm,, 112* at 4:30 pm... Temp sensor is under eve of house in the shade. Got the electronic hand held unit that I keep in the truck to check tire temps and it was showing 113* on the outdoor sensor. Cement stepping stone in the sun..154*..Tires on truck, parked overnight, sunny side 194*,,, you could not keep you hand on the tire, it was way to hot, tire on shady side (been out of sun for 4 hours,, 124*. I worked up a sweat just walking out and checking the temps.

I have lived here for 47 years and have never seen it this hot and dry.

Jim M

PhotoPete

dang, we are on our way down to Houston a week from now. I sure hope it cools off. It's only 73 here at the moment.

pegmikef

Yep, right now at 6:30 PM it is 104 here in San Angelo, Texas and I too have never seen it like this . . . except for three or four days we have had triple digit temps for three months now. Later in the week we're going to get some relief as I just read that the high for Thursday will be a balmy ninety five. One good thing is we don't have the humidity that they have on the coast because that is even worse.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We're in Elkhart and the temp is 78. I checked Spring (Rayford) and it was 102, Garland where the kids live, 104 @ 7:50PM

Unbelievable!!

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
I know...nothing like the 3 digit temps in Texas but here in Montgomery, Alabama at 8:07 we have 91....but we also get the humidity along with it. For this Wisconsin girl....it's awful! Last night for the first time since early June it got cool enough out so that the bedroom air conditioner was off when we got home at 10:00 and didn't come back on until 9:30 this morning!

jimtoo

Humidity here in S Tex has been very low, very unusual,, it is only in the 30--40% range instead of the 70-90%... If it was in the upper range...there would be a lot of problems... as it is,,, it is to hot to go outside and do anything.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It was 112 here in Trinity on Lake Livingston at 530pm today. Like stepping out into an oven. Don't know what the humidity was but it felt like a steam bath.

mikeandconnie

It's the same in Galveston, very little wind off the ocean. I never seen it so hot here. I work outside and it's been tuff this week.

57chevyconvt

I just thought it was hot in Victoria, Tx today (108*) until I read the temp reading of other places in Texas. We did 1" of rain this past Thursday, first time in months, but unfortunately with the extreme heat it is all back in the atmosphere.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We left Texas when it was 113* and are now in Cody Wyo and it has rained at least once every day we have been here and sometimes twice. Today was high 83* and when we went over the top of the world highway 212 it was 47* and snow on the ground in many places. Right now it is 66*.

DSC_2987M.jpg DSC_2790M.jpg
Ahhhhhhhh... Had to put on a jacket this morning.

BC

Birchwood

No wonder when we Canadians come down in the winter you locals are wearing long pants
coats and hats when we wear shorts and T shirts.