Wiring for Satellite

donabel

I was surprised that the bedroom was not wired for satellite. You normally put kids to bed in loft and retire to the bedroom for a little tv before sleep. It would sure be easier to run that wire before the wall panels were put in.

Don

jpmorgan37

Don;
I don't know about the Cyclone, but I was able to connect my bedroom TV through my VCR and get the satellite channels. Some of the other Cyclone owners will probably give you options for getting your satellite in the bedroom.

John

ChopperBill

I was surprise also when mine didn't work in the bed room. I was even more surprise when I took off the wall plate that said "SATELLITE" and there wasn't a cable hooked to it not to mention not even a cable was run to the area. That was OK though because the rest of the cables didn't work either. The dealer ended running all new ones. If I were you I would start from scratch and make sure it all works like it should.

donabel

I noticed that missing cable too, so I disconnected the cable tv cable from the splitter and hooked it to the empty connector and hooked my satellite dish to the cable connector. It works but I think for the money, it should have been wired right from the factory. I am going to build a shelf for my sat receiver in the Living room under the shelf that doesn't hold up the TV, and try to pull wires through the wall to the bedroom.
I guess that falls under the heading of personalizing your unit.(Optimistically speaking)

sporlan

Ha, Ha, sorry, not laughing at you. I tackled this wiring screw up last fall. I had Heartland email me the wiring diagram. I gutted everything and re-wired the coach to actually WORK. I tell you , these guys that do this work are a treat. I get compliments on my cyclone all the time. Little do they know how much work I have put into it in such a short time. Good luck.

Delaine and Lindy

Sattelite Wiring.

The wiring of Satellite systems in RV's are terrible at best. I highly suggest when PDI's are done go and have your Sattelite Dish set up and working. Then you will know if your new 5th wheel is wired correctly. And make sure all connections are working. The last 5er we bought I set up the Dish and had them connect the Direct-Tv receiver to the Sony receiver and they had to call in a Sattelite installer to properly connect the system up. This is the first 5th wheel we have owned that was wired correctly. If we ever get another 5th wheel it will be ordered with no Surround sound system and no Tv's. Good Luck. GBY....

beasleyrl

I had to rewire my Cyclone too. No cable to the MBR except regular TV connection (even though the jack on the wall had 2 F connectors).