What Digital T-Stat should I Install?

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Is there a drop in replacement for the manual T-stat that comes in the 2010 Cyclone 3010? I would like to be able to program the temp based on the Day and Time of Day. Also stopping the short cycling of the heater and/or AC unit will make them last longer. I really would like to support the dual Speed fan and a Fan only mode as well .

I was going to do this with my old trailer (SOB) but could not find a compatible Dig T-Stat and there was no where near the community support that we enjoy with Heartland!!!

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

regards,

Kevin

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One of the most popular replacement thermostats is the Hunter that cn be purchased at Wal Mart for around $20. That is what I put in my last rig.
In my current rig, due to space limitations I installed a Honeywell.
I installed a switch for hi/low opperation on both of them.
Check out the WIKI at the top of this page. You can go there for instructions on how to wire them.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
While the digital Hunter is leaps and bounds better than the OEM analog thermostat, it is not truly programmable in the sense you're looking for.

recumbent615

Dave,

Any Chance of taking some photos of the switch wiring and how you set it up? Also what switch did you use. I picked up a Honeywell RTH2300B - now I just need to get it to work with the Cyclone. I will try to install tomorrow.

Thanks

Kevin

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Kevin, I did submit some pics but I guess they got lost in syber space somewhere. I'll have to try again.
I went to Radio Shack and bought the smallest toggle they had.
Anyway I'll post the picture right here.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• T-stat.jpg
    T-stat.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 102

recumbent615

Dave -

Perfect - Thank you for the photo. One Question - setting the Fan on auto allows it to come on with the AC and heat correct? Does setting it to "ON" turn the fan on with the heat/cool switch in the off position?

Thanks

Kevin

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When setting the fan switch to "auto", the AC fan will run in "cool" mode. Only the furnace fan will run when set to "heat".
When setting the fan switch to "on" the AC fan will run if the heat/cool switch is set to "off".

Peace
Dave