Shakedown trip shows water tank problem

Dale Smith

We just arrived home from our first weekend out in our new 3055. I guess we also have the fresh water tank problem. When filling at the park, water gushed out of the fill much earlier than I expected. I babied in a bit more water, then gave up. Guage showed 2/3 full. When I was at home and flushing water through all the systems, I was sucking air out of the fresh tank and the guage showed 1/3 of water available. At that point I put it down to a bad reading guage....but now seems I have same problem others write about.
Otherwise things seemed to work fine. Does'nt seem all the surround speakers are working....but need to do a little more checking. Anybody have any thoughts?
Anybody know where I find the serial # plate on the Olevia flat panel tv? I need it to register the warranty. I have emailed at ATF on this forum and also the Olevia customer help site....and no reponse from either one.

Thanks,

jpmorgan37

Dale;
The serial number is on the lower left (looking at your TV from the rear). It is under the bar code.

As far as your surround sound is concerned, first have you tried a DVD with known surround sound? Also, have you adjusted the output level for each speaker?

As to your water tank, you seem to have a handle on the concerns that others have expressed. There have been some corrections/remedies posted on the forum. Do a search and you will find information and pictures if you choose to tackle it yourself.

Hope this helps and I'm sure you'll get other recommendations.

John

jbeletti

Dale,

Another thing to check on the surround speaker issue is the speaker wire connection on the back of the receiver. All of mine were in-tact when I pulled the unit out to do some other A/V wiring in the cabinet but several eventually pulled out of the jacks on the back of the receiver as I worked around it. I ended up rewiring it and making a strain-relief with some tie-wraps so I could pull the unit out if needed and not worry about those pesky connections.

Jim

ChopperBill

Welcome Dave! As for the surround sound, mine from the TV didn't work either but the DVD player did. If it is like most, you need to run an additional patch cable from the TV to the AUX. side of the player.
As for the water tank (sigh!) :rolleyes: There is lots of reading on how to fix the problem if you do a search.

Uncle Rog

Welcome to the forum......run the searches as suggested and you will find answers to your ?'s pretty quickly, enjoy the rig. I was hoping the 08's would have the tank issue remedied, kind of disappointing...have fun, they are a real joy once the bugs are worked out......

Dale Smith

Some Tank results

Messing around this weekend and I cut a 6 foot length of rv hose off of an old one I had, using the female end. I had the interior partition panel off and I could see that the fill pipe to tank goes off to the right towards the axles. I was easily able to push 5 feet of this hose down the fill pipe. I then started to fill the tank and as it filled air was literally blowing out the vent screen right by the fill outlet. If you had your hand 3-4 inches way you could feel the air. It kept filling much longer than my previous tries, then the water started gushing out. Checking the guage....it showed full ! All I could achieve before was 2/3 on guage.
I then pushed the remainder of the old hose on the drain cock and started to drain the tank. At showing 1/3 full, I tried to pump water and was able to do so. I kept emptying and as it lowered....it took a lot longer for the pump to catch up and shut off as if it had to draw the water to it. When only a dribble was coming out the drain hose....it still showed 1/3 and I could slowly pump water.

So looks like the air lock problem can be overcome by pushing hose down into tank....and get a full tank of water.
But still seems water is laying in a tank possibly tilted the wrong way....just as others have found. I will now wait for my dealer's response as to correcting this condition.
I will update any further findings.

5erWonk

Dale,

Hopefully you have searched and read many of the previous posts on this subject.....Regarding the tank fill issue, when I opened the belly and installed the center supports under my tank I also tied up my filler hose. The hose in the original position came from the fill opening then was laying along the frame below tank water level thus causing the air lock. Now with it raised I have no problem filling to full. I also tied up the vent hose to keep it above the top of the tank.

Good luck!!

Dale Smith

Tank fixed ....I hope

Was under the trailer last night cutting open the underbelly and looking at a sagging water tank.
Took 5ver's advice and have added the following 39" lengths of steel tubing from I beam legs front and back of the tank.

One pc 1" x 2" tubing at the door end of the tank with a 1/4 " shim added to the ends as this very end has no plywood sheet against the tank. This was then held tight by the tank...and two self tappers to ensure it does not move.

Spaced on the plywood at the door side one third of the tank 3/4" x 1.5 " tubing. This continues the new slope I created.

At the approx. centre piont I placed 3/8' x 2" bar to support the tank.

I tied up the filler hose line so it does not lay at the low end of the tank.

Re-rolled all the foil type insulation and taped the joint where I cut with aluminum flashing tape.

Rolled the belly material in place and put all the screws in place and taped the joint where I had to cut with 3 -4 strips of the 2" wide flashing tape....seems like good stuff.

Approx $75.00 and six hours later I think my problems are behind me. I will be presenting the bills for the material and my time to add to a store credit at my dealer since I have already fixed some other items. Since I am 3 hours from this closest dealer.....doing it myself was the most feasible......plus I know what I have now.
Hope this helps someone else.

ChopperBill

Great work Dale! Doing it yourself you can rest assured it is done right and also have some personal satisfaction.

5erWonk

Hey Dale,

Glad to see it worked out...We're headed up to the Sierras thisweekend for our first boondocking since I made my tank changes, things should work well.