Noisy Fridge Fan

rickandjoyce

I've been reading the posts regarding the Dometic cooling systems not working. Our cooling is fine but the fan is very noisy. It's a loud buzzing/humming noise that can give you a headache. We met another Heartland owner yesterday and had him listen to our fridge. He agreed it was very loud and his makes no noise at all.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it fixable?
Thanks,

Rick and Joyce

brianharrison

Fan can be replaced if the bearing is bad or blade is off balance due to manufacturer's defect. Take it back to the dealer if under warranty and let them listen. It should be noticeable from the outside when running, but not "headache causing" when you are in your trailer. Something does not "sound" right.....pun intended.

Brian

rickandjoyce

Thanks. We will be taking it in as soon as we get home. It's still under warranty - YAY! We are having a lot of trouble with electrical as well. Circuit's break really easily with minimal electrical running.

Maverick

I have a new Landmark San Antonio. Refrigerator fan is also quite noisy but I think it is normal for that unit (4 Door). Noise is more of a whine especially when starting. Doesnt give a headache but is a little annoying at times.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Depending on the sound, there may be something interfering with the fan blades. Mine had the fiberglas insulation batt laying on it. Stuffed it along the side of the refer, and now I never know when it's running.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Go to radio shack and get a larger 6" fan with led lights on it for under $20.00 and run it 24 hours a day.

Coyote

I just went through the noisy fridge fan. Sounded like a refer truck running outside our bedroom and it cycled on and off constantly. The night before last at one point it cycled sixteen times in a row. Called Dometic and they said it was cycling because they (Dometic) put the sensor for the fan in the center near the coils (the hottest part of the fridge) and it needed to be moved to the upper left or upper right for the fan to function properly. Headed to my dealer today. The fan was making a loud vibration because it was loose on the mount and they added two extra screws to hold it in place. They also moved the sensor and we'll see how that works out over time. It seems very strange that they would build a unit and know immediately that it had a correctable fault. I wonder how many units were built with this problem?