ATF: Greystone - 29MK TV mount

mjr45

Picked up our 29MK yesterday and no one at the dealer could figure out if the TV is mounted flush or swings out. I need to connect my satellite reciever to inputs on the TV, but can't get to them since the TV apparently is flush mounted and doesn't move. Any help will be appreciated.

Rrloren

I've tried to move mine but I don't think it swings. You need a long allen wrench to loosen a set screw so the TV can be removed but I can't even see where to insert the allen wrench.
I'll be interested if someone has an easy solution.

mjr45

Where is the set screw? It looks like ther are 4 screws from the mount into the TV which can't be reached with any conventional tools, maybe I'll try one of my 90degree screwdrivers to see if it can be undone, then if I get it off will mount the TV on its stand just toss it on the bed when traveling.

twohappycampers

We had the same question with the 42 inch tv in our 2011 Big Country 3450TS. We sure couldn't find a place for any allen wrench. Ends up it's not an allen wrench thing at all, it's a long rod that pulls out from the back. That's the best I know how to describe, but maybe it will help.

Duramax1

After pulling out the rod you can then lift the TV up and the four hooks on the back of the TV will then lift away from the plate which is attached to the wall. The purpose of the hook is to prevent the TV from being accidently bumped off of the plate while travelling.

If you are having difficulty trying to visualize this attachment arrangement, you might want to go to an electronics store which sell TV mounts and open the package.

The rod has an angled end, best description is that the rod looks like a horizontal letter "L". However when the rod is in place, the bend is located beyond your reach from the edge of the TV. I use one of my wife's long handled cooking utensils which enables me to reach in far enough to apply pressure on the angled end to remove the rod.

Sounds more complicated than it really is. I do it regularly as I remove the TV from the trailer when we are not travelling.

mjr45

Thanx for all the help, I'll look and see if I can loacte the rod. I mean the TV went in so its stands to reason there has to be way to take it out. I found in the cubby under the TV the connections for coax (other than antenna) and red,white,yellow audion plug ins, which I assume would be for satellite or other component hookup which then goes to the TV I guess?

We have a 2011 Greysotne 29MK that we bought last fall. So, before winter hit, I removed the TV by using the long allen wrench in the owners pack. There are 2 one behind the two "U" brackets. They are accessed from the bottom back of the TV. You can not see the the set screws but they are about in the center of the "U" backet and the head of the screws are about 1/2" below the top of the bracket. We have a Sharp TV and a Peerless bracket. I have a picture and will try to attach it.

Dennis1948

Attachments

• 2011-08-31_17-31-29_505.jpg
    2011-08-31_17-31-29_505.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 36

Paul_W

Hi MJR. This is a post I did for somebody several weeks ago. Hope it helps.

[h=2]Re: TV mount question (tool required)[/h]
Hi Paul. I know that mount well. It is made by Peerless. Here is a link to it http://www.peerlessmounts.com/dyn/Pr....aspx/sp/7321/. There is an installation link there that will help you locate the screws. I finally figured mine out last weekend. You will need a very long 4mm hex wrench to remove the two screws from underneath the bottom cleat holding the TV in place. My hex wrench was included in the plastic Heartland folder of manuals I received with my Sundance. I was able to see one of these screws by putting the side of my head against the wall at the right side of the TV and shining a flashlight down the back. I also put a mirror under the bottom of the set and looked up the wall. Once I had the two screws located, it was a matter of trial and error to get the wrench in there and pull them out. An important tip is DON'T STOP turning the screws until they fall out. The TV will not come off the wall until they are out. Needless to say, that mount is now history and it has been replaced with a nice articulating model which enables the TV to be seen easily from the entire couch. Good luck!​

Last edited by Paul_W; 07-13-2011 at 09:12 AM. Reason: spelling​

mjr45

Thanx Paul for the links and info, just got back from 3 day trip and can now finally figure out the TV mount. Trust me, that thing will be gone in just a few more hours.

mjr45

Finally got the TV off the wall, what a PITA. After trying all my 4mm Allen wrenchs none of which were long enough, we found the one supplied by the manufacturer in the FREEZER. Yup the freezer, our "dealer" had put it there, what a bunch of dip****s. I wouldn't buy dog food from those guys, got to find someone else to do any service work.