Big Country - Stereo system turns on by itself - RESOLVED

Tweedy

The first time I found the stereo FM turned on, I thought I'd forgotten to turn it off even though I was sure I had. The second time it happened I was picking up the trailer from where it is in storage. A loud static noise was coming out of the speakers. It was turned on (quite loud) and not tuned to a station. I know it had been turned off when I dropped it off. Still not sure if I was loosing my marbles. Now convinced! Went to the trailer today at the storage facility. The stereo was on. Again not tuned to a station - just static. This problem could run my batteries down if left for a period of time. The stero system is Jensen and works just fine otherwise. Suggestions??

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Re: ATF: Big Country - Stereo system turns on by itself.

Sounds like the alarm is set to turn on the radio. Check thru all your settings.

Tweedy

I'll feel foolish if that's all it is. I certainly didn't set the alarm intentionally....but an easy fix if that's the problem. Grandson was messing around with the stereo....ummm. Thanks for your input.

Rrloren

Thats what was wrong with mine a couple months ago. Must have set alarm while wiping the front of system .

Tweedy

Thanks for all the feed back. I feel STUPID! The alarm was set. I've turned it off. End of problem.

Bob Vaughn

We have found ours on a couple of times, does it turn itself off ? We have the Jensen one.....I did not know it had an alarm setting. I will have the wife go out and check ours as it was on when she was out there after lunch.....

silverado

Thanks guys............just turned my alarm off.........thought i was going crazy too

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader

We had a similar problem when using a VCR the remote worked both units. Had to cover the radio sensor.

tom