Little Window in Kitchen

freddial

We have a new 2011 Big Country 3450TS. There are a lot of things we like about our new trailer and some not so much. For instance, there is a little window in the kitchen with a small venetian blind over it. The blind is fixed so that it cannot be raised, just tilted to close out the light. This makes the window very difficult to open. We are wondering was this intentional? If so, what is the purpose of having an openable window if you can't get to it to open?

jimtoo

Hi freddial,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I have no idea about the window your referring to, but some of our other members will be in soon to help with an answer.

Enjoy the forum and your new Big Country.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You can raise the blind. Just grab the bottom rail and raise it up. It will raise on the strings.
Peace
Dave

Our Sundance has a window and blind that sounds similar to what you are describing. Our blind is connected to a small clip on each side at the bottom to keep it from swinging in transit, you can just pull toward the left and right with the clips and the blind will then be free.

twohappycampers

Hi - Dave is right. I have the same window as you, and even though you can't see a string when the blind is down, you just grab the bottom rail and slide the blind up, then the string appears. I've never seen the likes of it before, but there you have it. I didn't know how to operate it either, so I'm glad you asked. :) Lorna

ankie3467

I have clips at each side at the bottom, pull on one clip and the blind will pop out, then you can raise the blinds

funntheson

Mine is like Dave's. Also, you should open that window when cooking to avoid setting off the smoke detector.