BC 3250TS Specs?

MsHutch

Can anyone give me the true exterior dimensions of the BC 3250TS? The specs say 33'2" long, but on the demo model we looked at, our measuring tape shows almost 35', excluding the ladder. Just wondering if this could be an error on this particular unit?

Thank you for your time,
Colleen

jimtoo

Hi Colleen,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I don't know for sure, but "think" the spec is only the inside dimensions. No ladder or hitch included. Some of out other members will jump in soon and help out I'm sure.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

GOTTOYS

No error. It is whatever you measured it at. Never measured mine, a few inches one way or the other don't matter. We sure like it a lot...Don

MsHutch

Thank you Don, although not the answer I was hoping for. We are planning to purchase this to replace an older trailer that we have on a seasonal lot, but are limited to 34'. I guess we may have to find a wider lot after all, since I have my heart set on this one!!! Thank you again,

Colleen

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jim2 is correct. The posted length is the inside dimensions. You need to measure from the pinbox to the ladder.

MsHutch

Thank you Bob. Heartland should really correct their website, since there is a note at the bottom of this floorplan that says, "Note: Overall Length defined as tow point (Ball coupler for travel trailers / King pin for 5th wheel trailers) to rear bumper. It does not include the rear ladder. Add 9" w/ Extended Pin Box". I was going by that measurement.

GOTTOYS

If it's too long for the site..maybe you could unbolt the pinbox when you get it parked and thus shorten the overall length a foot or so..Just thinkin..Don

Hi Colleen,

We have a 2009 Big Country 3250TS and I park it in our rear driveway. We live in the middle of the block, so maneuvering that rig into our rear-driveway can be an exercise in frustration. Our driveway slopes down toward the alley. The actual length of our trailer is just under 35 feet. I can't imagine a smaller driveway than ours.

My wife set an absolute limit of 32 feet as our goal when we went looking at trailers. We fell in love with the layout of the 3250TS and found nothing from any brand that compared. That, of course meant convincing the setter of the 32' limit that *I* could make it fit. The first time i stabbed the trailer into our driveway took about 30 minutes of my very own "keystone comedy" routine. There is no substitute for skill when it comes to backing a trailer into a tight spot. I did not have it then ... and 4 years later ... i still do not have it. However, *I* now know i can eventually get it in there and sometimes on the first or second try.

Carefully measure the length of truck and trailer from front bumper of tow vehicle to rear bumper of your 5th wheel. Measure the area you intend to park your rig and compare the two.

While it's ideal to arrive with both units in a straight line, it's not an absolute necessity. Often when our rig is properly positioned in our driveway and not too close to the garage (or roof) our truck is at an angle to the parked 5th wheel. We chock the tires of the trailer, de-couple the kingpin and break-away cable for the brakes, and carefully extend the trailer's landing legs while observing that the kingpin releases from the hitch. Then it's a simple matter of unplugging and stowing the power cable connection and safety cable, and making sure the tail-gate of your tow vehicle is DOWN, then steer the tow vehicle away.

Now that I know how to do it - *I* am sure we could have purchased a trailer at leas 9" longer. :)
Good luck!