Can my Toyota Tundra pull a Calibur 26LRSS?

TJfromFL

Looking to purchase our first travel trailer and we are kinda sold on the North Trail Calibur 26LRSS. I have a 2010 Toyota Tundra, Crew Cab, 5.7 engine, tow package, and electric brake control. I also plan on getting an equilizer hitch. Do you think my Tundra will have enough guts to pull this trailer, which lists a dry wieght of 5900#. Any advise would be greatly appreciated as we are very new to the trailer world (although we have buying things for the trailer for almost a year, yikes)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The best advise I can give you at this point would be....what does your owners manual say as far a how much your truck can haul (trailer weight). What is the GCVW rating of your truck? What is the gross weight rating on the trailer?? I guess what Im asking you is...is your truck rated to pull a 7K or so trailer??

currituck0209

HEY TJ,
I HAVE A 08 TUNDRA , 5.7 WITH TOW PACKAGE, I TOW A SUNDANCE 27' 5th WHEEL, IT WEIGHS 7200. BEFORE THE 5th WHEEL I HAD A 28' NORHTRAIL, TOWED BOTH WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO TOWS A 28' NORTHTRAIL WITH A GOLF CARD IN THE TRUCK. I THINK YOU WILL BE FINE, TUNDRA IS GOOD FOR 10,600, DONT KNOW THE WEIGHT OF THE CALIBER.

DW_Gray

Looking to purchase our first travel trailer and we are kinda sold on the North Trail Calibur 26LRSS. I have a 2010 Toyota Tundra, Crew Cab, 5.7 engine, tow package, and electric brake control. I also plan on getting an equilizer hitch. Do you think my Tundra will have enough guts to pull this trailer, which lists a dry wieght of 5900#. Any advise would be greatly appreciated as we are very new to the trailer world (although we have buying things for the trailer for almost a year, yikes)

TJ, you should find your answers at Fifth Wheel St by selecting the towing guide information.

pegmikef

I don't know about the weight of the Calibur, but I towed my North Trail 26LRSS just fine with a Ford F150 Super Crew with a 4.6 3V engine which is somewhat smaller than yours. I did feel that it was a little under powered when climbing long grades so I moved up to the F250 6.7 L Diesel. I just got tired of the high rpm and watching the gas gauge going down . . .