Does anyone know of a extended warranty that covers structural?

odie

Getting my first Heartland this weekend. WOOHOO!! Considering a extended warranty. Does anyone know if any will cover delamination, frame etc.??

lwmcguir

There is no such warranty available. The extended warranties are just paying ahead for typical items that may need attention. If you have the money save your money. If not finance the extended warranty like many do but it will only take care of routine type'd of service. Kind of like averaging out a utility bill with interest.

GOTTOYS

Most of them are an overpriced waste of money. If you must buy one the Good Sam is probably the most reliable but like most others it really won't cover much. Good maintenance is your best plan. JMHO...Don

hotonpi

Good question. I purchased an extended warranty plan with my 2011 Cyclone. Since the Heartland warranty begins on the day you sign your papers, not the day you put the RV into service, I only had a few months of factory warranty and then was on my own.

I have some issues that require dealer service. When I take my Cyclone out of storage next Spring, I will take it to my local Heartland dealer and get some necessary repairs completed. These are things like splitting seams on a seat in the garage, replacing some cabinet doors (Heartland is sending replacements - Thank You, Heartland!) and rebuilding the closet in the bedroom (it pulled away from the ceiling and is sagging). I certainly expect the expensive Diamond Elite warranty program I purchased to cover these repairs.

GOTTOYS

Good question. I purchased an extended warranty plan with my 2011 Cyclone. Since the Heartland warranty begins on the day you sign your papers, not the day you put the RV into service, I only had a few months of factory warranty and then was on my own.

I have some issues that require dealer service. When I take my Cyclone out of storage next Spring, I will take it to my local Heartland dealer and get some necessary repairs completed. These are things like splitting seams on a seat in the garage, replacing some cabinet doors (Heartland is sending replacements - Thank You, Heartland!) and rebuilding the closet in the bedroom (it pulled away from the ceiling and is sagging). I certainly expect the expensive Diamond Elite warranty program I purchased to cover these repairs.
This is not the time to be HOPING your expensive purchase covers these repairs...If I was buying one of those things, I would certainly have tried to know everything about it and what they covered...Maybe that's just me. Good luck...Don

hotonpi

LOL - good point, Don. Actually, I did read through all the fine print before I purchased the extended warranty. It says it will cover everything that I need repaired this Spring. But, I reserve myself a bit because many insurance companies (after all that's what an extended warranty is; an insurance policy) will deny a claim at first, then negotiate a settlement. If this is the case, then I will be sure to post the results on this forum.

lwmcguir

Most of them are an overpriced waste of money. If you must buy one the Good Sam is probably the most reliable but like most others it really won't cover much. Good maintenance is your best plan. JMHO...Don

This is a fact. You are simply paying ahead for normal/typical repairs. Nothing major is going to be covered. Good Sam is by far the best for the money and then you still need to think about what you are buying. Their (Good Sam) towing/roadside service/insurance is probably worth the money. After that when I run the numbers the money goes/stays in a safe place until it is needed.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Our extended warranty is through RV Shield and was have used it several times. It has been alright so far. Yes extended warranties are nothing but insurance however most of the time I have has them, they have more than paid for themselves. Right now our extended warranty is taking care of our microwave/convection oven that went out. It cost $950 plus labor to replace. To me that is a big ticket item. This is the 2nd time it went out under warranty.