Easy Lube Hub Question

navyAZ1

I had these hubs on my previous CrossRoads Cruiser and now reading about the hubs on the Big Horn it says they lube both inner and outter bearings I was told by a Tech that the Easy Lube Hub only adds grease to the outter bearing and you have to pull the hub to grease the inner bearing. Anyone know about this I would certainly love the idea of the fitting lubing both sets of bearings.:D

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
navyAZ1 said:
I had these hubs on my previous CrossRoads Cruiser and now reading about the hubs on the Big Horn it says they lube both inner and outter bearings I was told by a Tech that the Easy Lube Hub only adds grease to the outter bearing and you have to pull the hub to grease the inner bearing. Anyone know about this I would certainly love the idea of the fitting lubing both sets of bearings.:D
I was told the same thing by my service guy.So I had the hubs pulled.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I have Alko 7,000# axles on my unit. I had the impression that these were never lube or EZ lube axles. Does anyone know if they work the same as the Dexters?

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
cdbMidland said:
I have Alko 7,000# axles on my unit. I had the impression that these were never lube or EZ lube axles. Does anyone know if they work the same as the Dexters?

My understanding is the lube system is made by Lippert and it greases both inner and outer bearings. Its mention on Heartlands web site for the Bighorns and read it some where else, just can't remember where at the moment. The only Dexters I believe came on the Landmarks. Ken

katkens said:
My understanding is the lube system is made by Lippert and it greases both inner and outer bearings. Its mention on Heartlands web site for the Bighorns and read it some where else, just can't remember where at the moment. The only Dexters I believe came on the Landmarks. Ken

I have a Goolden Gate and the paper work that came with it says I have Alko axle and they are EZ Lub.

Jerry

Handy

A Florida camper
EZ Lube

If you take the wheels off to hand pack you must replace the seal or take the chance the seal will leak. I use the EZ lube for the back bearing once a year for three years then hand pack the forth year.Doing this make sure you turn the wheel and only put in about three pumps. If the wheel is not turned you are wasting your time. I always hand pack the front bearing.

Trying to use the EZ lube to grease the front bearing will put to much grease in the hub and the force of the grease when it gets hot may pop out the seal. I have seen that happen. The white grease they use on boat trailers is no good for RV use.