Tire Minder from Camping World

scotty

Any opinions??? Haven't read anything on this model but according to a tech at Camping World here in Jersey it's one of there best sellers. The one I'm looking at is the 400C model and will monitor up to 22 tires, so I guess my eight tires are covered. It also has replaceable batteries, provides Temperature readings, etc.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Look at the price and then look at TST Systems. Cheaper and great customer service. You can get them from Manf. and no shipping. Google TST Truck System Technologies.

scotty

Thanks Lee, the TST does appear to be $20.00 cheaper and no shipping. Plus if that's what most use I'll probably go that way. In no big hurry because I'm in New Jersey working and BH is in Florida resting. I plan to replace tires when I get back down to florida and will go with TST then.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I got the impression that you have to toggle between pressure and temperature on the display by pressing a button. With the TST, it displays both as it cycles between the tires.

scotty

John,

With the Tire Minder that is true, you do have to toggle. Didn't play with any others so not sure about all the bells and whistles.

camr

Scotty, I have used the tire minder for two seasons and am very satisfied. The unit is very small and doesn't take up a whole lot of dash space. When running down the road, the display shows an icon for each tire. If you wish to check each tire's pressure and temperature, you toggle through the tires. If there is a pressure drop or temp rise, a red LED and alarm goes off.
Just a side note that when I received the system, i thought it looked somewhat "toy like" because it was so small. It can easily fit in a shirt pocket with lots of room to spare. But two trouble free seasons have really impressed me. I would buy the same system again.
Cam

porthole

Retired
I would go by the opinions of those here rather then the people over at a store were they have a vested interest to push one brand over another.

scotty

I would go by the opinions of those here rather then the people over at a store were they have a vested interest to push one brand over another.

Thanks all for the inputs. Oh, how well I know the stores and manufactures are real quick to tell you how their products are better than the other guys. The guy at CW was just stating that the Tire Minder was one of their best sellers, he wasn't really pushing anything. I did like the idea of the small monitor and replacable batteries, plus it does give you pressure and temp.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Scotty the TST System Monitor can also fit into your pocket, I keep mine in the ashtray when not in use. It sits in the middle of the dash so the the DW can also watch it. I don't watch it now as much as when it was new. She watches the GPS, TST, and now we have a 50 gal. Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx system so that she can see when it is filling up the main tank. Just bought her a Galaxy Tablet so now she compares one GPS with the other. Any thing to keep her happy, and I like it also.
Happy Camping

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Maybe this photo of my TST sitting on the ledge of my instrument panel will give you a feel for the size. As you can see, it displays both temp and pressure as it cycles between all monitored tires. If there is a problem, it has an audible and visual alarm. No toggling required and with a piece of velcro, it can be placed in an unobtrusive location. I don't like the mount they show for the Tire Minder, stuck to a window. When not needed, it rides in the tray in the center console. The power cord is only required when charging the internal battery, which lasts a long time.

I'm not trying to sell them, just providing information.

.View attachment 15819

porthole

Retired
The guy at CW was just stating that the Tire Minder was one of their best sellers, he wasn't really pushing anything.

He wasn't ???

There are two TST versions, one with and one without replaceable batteries.
Having had both my preference is for the newer version with replaceable batteries.
The sensors are smaller if you remove the "anti theft" cap. This was a great for the Ford DRW wheels. I had a tough time with the old style.
The new version also has an easier to place monitor (with an on-off switch)

TST on the dash of the Ford.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=190562&viewfull=1#post190562

PUG

Pug
I have a TST system going on two years. No problems, very accurate, don't have to be moving to read data like some, don't need an amplifier for trailer tires, and very good service. It let me know I had a cracked rim dropping 1 lb per day. Alarms are adjustable, you can turn trailer tires OFF when not pulling. I wish they and others would although make the sensors so air could be added without taking them off.