ATF: Big Country - Parts issue

mholt

I do not have the last 6 of my VIN cause the camper and the paperwork have been at an authorized service center since July 28.

On July 28, 2011, I took my 2012 Big Country 3650 to Brown and Brown RV in Kankakee, Ill, for the following:

Shower sliding door on the mega bath completely shattered on our trip to indiana. The lock on the shower failed.

The door handle on the bathroom broke. We had to take it apart and free the occupant of the bathroom.

The seal on the main slide came loose, and was hanging down.

Here is my concern. Brown and Brown indicated that they took pictures of the items broke and requested the parts from heartland immediately after I brought it to them. The wrong shower door was sent and no door handle about two weeks later. I talked to the rep from Brown and Brown who indicated today that the shower door came in, but no door handle. Apparently the seal did come in.

It is now sept and the parts are still not in the hands of the dealer who Heartland recommend i take my camper to. This is a customer service issue and I would like someone to please answer why the correct parts cannot be shipped. On Tuesday I will reach out the heartland.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The VIN should also be on the vehicle registration for the trailer and the title. I keep a copy of the registration with my truck papers and the title at home.

Paul & Nan

The VIN should also be on the vehicle registration for the trailer and the title. I keep a copy of the registration with my truck papers and the title at home.
John, agree the VIN is on registration, at least where we live. But--if you have a loan on the rig--no title. Some of us must finance our rigs and do not have titles, sad to say.

GOTTOYS

A call to your selling dealer should get you your VIN. I'm sure they have it in their file. Your lender will have it also...Don

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I would call customer service first thing Monday morning. They are closed for the weekend now, but can probably answer your questions then.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John, agree the VIN is on registration, at least where we live. But--if you have a loan on the rig--no title. Some of us must finance our rigs and do not have titles, sad to say.

I'm not rolling in dough and Ed McMahon never knocked on my door, so my car, truck, and BH are financed. But here in Michigan, you get the certificate of title to the vehicle with the bank's name also on it as the first secured party. When you pay it off, they send you a waiver of lien letter to attach to it.

jpdoggett

I hope you get this worked out but I know what you are talking about we bought our new Landmark Augusta at the first of the year and it had some issues but we are living in it at the time one item was the slam door on the RV's door side needed replaced so when we took it to the dealer the first of April cause we where going back to Kansas for 6 month they where to fix all the items we had but the last time I talked to the dealer they tell me that Heartland has sent them the wrong decales(ms) twice and they are for the other side.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There have been many threads and or posts regarding issues very similar to this. Many have been thought to have been due to Heartlands negligence only to find out later the dealer and Heartlands communications had a glitch.

As others have said, Call Heartland but wait till tuesday. I'm guessing they're closed for the holiday. Of course, you already mentioned you would be doing this.
A call to that servicing dealer asking for the VIN might get them stirred up if you tell them why you want the VIN.

I once waited 3 weeks for a dealer to install a new board in a water heater. They had the part in stock and I had an appointment. Go figure...

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Sorry when I suggested waiting until Monday. I forgot it was a holiday.

mholt

Update:

Heartland reached out to us and remedied the parts issue. The correct parts were shipped and the camper is done! Yeah for Heartland! I gotta give it to them, they do respond and try to resolve the issue. Thanks Heartland.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I am dealing with Heartland Service as an independent service center this time and not a retail customer. I have to say they have so far exceeded my expectations, and out of the 3 different factory warranties I'm doing right now, they have been the most responsive and helpful. My emails are answered promptly, my calls returned promptly, and everything I've needed to have has been provided to me. Hopefully the few parts we need will come as quickly as they did when it was me as the customer. :)