Sweltering Heat!

branson4020

Icantre Member
Man oh man, Temperature shot up from mid seventies this morning to over 85 by noontime. Could get to be over 90 today...

;)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We've had 66 days over 100 degrees this summer, and barely any rain since early July!! Right now, we about two hours east of home for the Holiday weekend, temp is 91 and partly cloudy, and we are in heaven!!!

E

GETnBYE

This was a joke......right????
I'm not going to bite and tell you how hot and dry it is here in Alabama.:cool:

Gizzy

They are not joking, we are just outside Tacoma, WA right now and it MIGHT get all the way up to 85 today. We are not in a hurry to head back down south, but will be heading a little south and east from here on Tues. Looking forward to seeing you guys in Miss.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are in Dothan AL right now, and its actually not too bad today. We shut the AC off all morning. Just now turned it back on. I think it is the aftermath of the storms that hit in the gulf yesterday. They are looking at low to mid 80s for the next few days. Wow what a difference.

pegmikef

aww, poor babies. The local paper put some statistics in the paper today for us in San Angelo, TX

The three summer month had an average temperature of 89.3 (that includes nights folks).

93 100 degree days for 2011.

28 100 degree days in a row.

36 days when temperatures reached 105 degrees or higher.

I would hate to tell you what my daughter's house is like in Mesa, Arizona.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We are camping in East Tennessee this weekend and today it was 72 at 8:00 am quickly climbing up to 98. Thank goodness - the 2 a/c are keeping up with it.

wdk450

On the other side of the story Sacramento had NO 100 degree days the month of August this year. They are calling this the coolest spring/summer there in 40 years.

pegmikef

A little while after I posted those statistics from San Angelo, Texas yesterday I started thinking about all our soldiers, marines, and airmen that are stationed in such terrible places aLL over the world that make our hottest worst days seem like balmy spring days. God bless all of them and we all are really lucky to have the life we have here in the USA!

Delaine and Lindy

Well we just returned from Colorado, spent time in New Mexico, Red River, Taos, and Santa Fe. Most of our best weather was in Red River New Mexico and Colorado had to use fireplaces in by States. We left Buena Vista Colorado last Sunday and it was 48 degrees didn't use the A/C while in Buena Vista. We will return to Buena Vista again next year it was our second year there. We have a site reserved for Jun until Sept 15th 2012. We use Buena Vista for our home base and will use Hotels for trip around colorado.. It was a "Summer of Fun" and will be hard to beat it next year but we will try.. Now got to get ready for our Winter trip, will arrive in Sebring Florida on Nov 1s and stay until April 2012. We only traveled 6,850 mile on our summer trip. On a side note the 2011 Chevy 3500HD performed flawless, hope the 2012 Chevy 3500HD perfroms as well. Happy Trails...

Crumgater

My friend in the Phoenix area reports that her COLD water tap is running 96F now....
That's HOT.

... we're with the OP here in Kirkland, WA... we're looking forward to summer finally starting. We expect to be in the upper 80's all week. :D
-T

Wmnmy

Hey crumgator how things going out in your neck of the woods as always it's hot here in sunny las Vegas low 100s feels great I work in it on a motorcycle 10hrs a day cooling off though haha you enjoying ur rig this summer fall should be nice hop to see yall out there

Wmnmy

I found out the hard way genny cut off at 1/4 tank of fuel it was 118 lucky gas station was round the bend from camp site haha loving our cyclone