Looking for campgrounds in Washington & Oregon..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We are leaving Montana to Washington and Oregon this Wednesday. I am attachng a map of a possible route. We have plans to meet my cousing in Oregon on the 23rd.

-Washington & Oregon Route.JPG

I am not sure of any places to stay but I would like to stay near, but not on Mt Rainer National Park. I don't mind driving around it but I am not intrested in boondocking on the banks of the mountain.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

BC

shelsay

Here're a couple of suggestions for Oregon--Jantzen Beach RV Park on Hayden Island in Portland and Premier RV Park in Salem.

wdk450

I just made a trip from Anacortes Wa. down to Oakridge (40n miles east of Eugene) Oregon. I stayed at Samammish Resort in Bellvue, Wa. (on Lake Sammamish, 12 miles from downtown Seattle) Taidnapam Park near Mt. Ranier off of Hwy 12 (on Rifle Lake), Mt. St. Helens RV Park in Castle Rock Oregon, Barton East Park in Boring (Yes) Oregon (on the Clackamas River)(Portland suburb), and am staying the rest of September at Casey's Riverside RV Park in Westfir/Oakridge Oregon (ON the Willamette River).

noobee

At post Falls, the Coeur d'Alene RV Park is very nice.

If you have the time, instead of going south on I5 at Olympia, head to the coast to pickup 101 through Oregon. Oregon has some of the nicest state parks especially Ft. Stevens near Astoria.

CS

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Keep up the suggestions. These parks might be useful for those of us going to WY next summer.

Kristy

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Thanks for all the information. I have found some places that seem to be a great place to stay. One day we are going to go some place and just stay in that place for a long time and try to see all the sites. No places that we have to go and meet someone or such.

Thanks a lot.

BC

Crumgater

I'd love to hear where you're staying in Bend, OR. We're planning on heading there in October. We're looking at the Crown Villa RV resort. Looks nice from the web site, but we've never been there before.

If you decide to head back up the Columbia Gorge along I-84, there's a great WA state campground at Maryhill, just across the river from Biggs Junction (where Hwy 97 crosses the river).

-T

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We are going to stay with my cousin & her husband. They bought some land just outside of Bend. When are you going to be there? We will be there sometime between Sept 23 - 29th. Not sure which days.

I am looking at trying to get with the group having a rally at Casey's RV Park in Westfir OR.

When I get to Bend I will post here to let you know what I find in Bend. There is a Thousand Trails, a state park and then there's Crown Villa RV Resort that is out of my price range. There are a couple other but don't know any more that what is on RV Park Reviews.

BC

wdk450

You might look at Woodalls for more ideas. RV Park Reviews is a voluntary site, so places get omitted.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
You are welcome to join the group at Casey's, but you might want to make reservations soon.

We are about 2.5 hours S of Bend on Hwy 97. We would like to meet you in Bend, but some of us have to work. LOL

Hopefully we will meet you at Casey's.

Kristy

kseagle

Here's another vote for Crown Villas in Bend--nicest park we've ever stayed in. We were there in the spring of '10. Be sure to call for directions--GPS routing will take you under a low clearance bridge.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I would consider Crown Villa for a rally if it weren't for the rates. It is supposed to be a really nice place.

Kristy