Acronyms????

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
So is there anywhere on the site that has a list of the acronyms that we use on here. If not there should be. I've figured a few out but there are some that I haven't a clue. You would think that after 23 years in the Army that this would not be an issue for me. :eek:

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
So is there anywhere on the site that has a list of the acronyms that we use on here. If not there should be. I've figured a few out but there are some that I haven't a clue. You would think that after 23 years in the Army that this would not be an issue for me. :eek:
LMAO..I know exactly what you mean, some of them I am like WTH, I have no idea what they mean.:eek:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Some are listed in the Wiki tab at the top of the page. Others are intuitive. Still others remain head-scratchers until someone asks, "WTF!"

JohnDar

I suppose in genteel company it might be misinterpreted as "Where's The Food?" When I'm dressing down errant young firefighters (which occasionally needs to occur), it has a whole different meaning :mad:

Manzan

John, thanks for clearing that up. Where's the fire is quite different from Where's the food.

rick_debbie_gallant

John, thanks for clearing that up. Where's the fire is quite different from Where's the food.

Guess it depends on who is doing the cooking and on what. "When it is smoking it's cooking, when it is burnt its done"! (Just make sure you duck if you ever say it)

PSF513

REMEMBER the most important acronym: SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) it has kept my home orderly and peaceful for a lot of years

JohnDar

Well, it's not quite "Where's the Fire," either. This is a little like the old TV show, "What's My Line?" Don't make me flip over all the cards, or I'll get banned from the forum for profanity.

Moose

AFAIK and IIRC I had NFI that WTF didn't mean Who's The Fool. Honestly, NFW did I know. LoL

kb0zke

Guess it depends on who is doing the cooking and on what. "When it is smoking it's cooking, when it is burnt its done"! (Just make sure you duck if you ever say it)

You mean there's another way? That's the way I cook. When the smoke alarm goes off the food's done.

dieselsweetheart

Just ask if you can't find it. We'll tell you. Or a bunch of us will tell you something different. It took me awhile too. DH and DW mean Dear Hubby and Dear Wife....but it was a little longer time that I figured out TV meant Tow Vehicle and not television. I wondered why people mentioned their televisions so much!

TTYL!

rick_debbie_gallant

Just ask if you can't find it. We'll tell you. Or a bunch of us will tell you something different. It took me awhile too. DH and DW mean Dear Hubby and Dear Wife....but it was a little longer time that I figured out TV meant Tow Vehicle and not television. I wondered why people mentioned their televisions so much!

TTYL!

Shoot, I thought the "D" in DW and DH stood for "darn". JK, I thought it stood for Darling and depending on who was driving "daring". Now I got to figure out the rest of these acronymn.