Range Hood Light

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Can't find any description on this bulb at all! Is it a #921? What is everybody using for replacements?

Many Thanks!

Hood Bulb.jpg

wingfoot

Yep, I found mine at Auto Zone...be sure and get the brightest they have. I think mine is a 19W..the one I replaced was so dim you had to strike a match to see if it was burning..:D

Rrloren

Another way to improve the light is to put aluminum heat vent duct tape on the light ballast before installing new bulb. Made a big difference for me.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
A 921 bulb is a 12 volt DC automotive light. You can find them at any auto supply store in the bulb area Look for package labled 921.

goodtruck

I guess I should have looked at the active post before I started a new thread.I changed out the stove light with a LED bulb it is made by Star Light.The part number is Revolution 921-160.the cost was 27.49 I feel it is worth it becuse you can see what you are doing and it should last 60,000 hours.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I guess I should have looked at the active post before I started a new thread.I changed out the stove light with a LED bulb it is made by Star Light.The part number is Revolution 921-160.the cost was 27.49 I feel it is worth it becuse you can see what you are doing and it should last 60,000 hours.

I was thinking about doing that, too. My only concern, probably unfounded, is what is the temperature range that LED can work in? How long have you had that LED in there and cooked under it?